Oman's national airline nominated for 2010 World Travel Awards
Oman's national airline has been nominated in the "Middle East's Leading Airline" category of the World Travel Awards 2010 for its efficiency and success in providing travellers with enjoyable flights for their business trips and Oman holidays.
Over a thousand travel companies within the Middle East are competing to win an award at the 17th prestigious event which is taking place on 3 May 2010 at The Address, Dubai Marina. As well as proving Oman holidays for luxury and economy travellers, Oman Air has introduced a new airbus A330 with luxurious and spacious interiors and modern in-flight entertainment.
The airline is also the first in the world to offer passengers on flights to Oman access to full Wi-Fi and mobile phone connectivity throughout the journey to and from their Oman holidays.
Chief Commercial Officer of Oman Air, Barry Brown, said:
"The event is an international benchmark for excellence in the travel and hospitality sector. Win, lose or draw, Oman Air's nomination in the 'Middle East's Leading Airline' category of the World Travel Awards is solid recognition of how the airline's transformation has been so positively received by both our customers and passengers alike.
We have worked hard to ensure that Oman Air is synonymous with comfort, luxury and the very best that air travel has to offer. We will continue to unveil new routes, in-flight services and revolutionary technology which will add even greater value to the Oman Air travel experience."
The prestigious awards are voted by professionals within the travel industry and are handed out to companies in the travel sector who are recognised for their excellence in the sector. In the nominated category, Oman Air will be competing for the award alongside Emirates, Middle East Airlines, Etihad Airways, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Kuwait Airways and Royal Jordan Airlines.
Four Oman hotels and resorts have also been nominated in the Middle East's Leading beach Resort category at this year's event. The Chedi Muscat, Six Senses Hideaway Zighy Bay, Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and InterContinental Al Bustan Palace Muscat will be battling for the title alongside a number of resorts in Dubai, Jordan and Lebanon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...