Oman's national airline nominated for 2010 World Travel Awards
Oman's national airline has been nominated in the "Middle East's Leading Airline" category of the World Travel Awards 2010 for its efficiency and success in providing travellers with enjoyable flights for their business trips and Oman holidays.
Over a thousand travel companies within the Middle East are competing to win an award at the 17th prestigious event which is taking place on 3 May 2010 at The Address, Dubai Marina. As well as proving Oman holidays for luxury and economy travellers, Oman Air has introduced a new airbus A330 with luxurious and spacious interiors and modern in-flight entertainment.
The airline is also the first in the world to offer passengers on flights to Oman access to full Wi-Fi and mobile phone connectivity throughout the journey to and from their Oman holidays.
Chief Commercial Officer of Oman Air, Barry Brown, said:
"The event is an international benchmark for excellence in the travel and hospitality sector. Win, lose or draw, Oman Air's nomination in the 'Middle East's Leading Airline' category of the World Travel Awards is solid recognition of how the airline's transformation has been so positively received by both our customers and passengers alike.
We have worked hard to ensure that Oman Air is synonymous with comfort, luxury and the very best that air travel has to offer. We will continue to unveil new routes, in-flight services and revolutionary technology which will add even greater value to the Oman Air travel experience."
The prestigious awards are voted by professionals within the travel industry and are handed out to companies in the travel sector who are recognised for their excellence in the sector. In the nominated category, Oman Air will be competing for the award alongside Emirates, Middle East Airlines, Etihad Airways, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Kuwait Airways and Royal Jordan Airlines.
Four Oman hotels and resorts have also been nominated in the Middle East's Leading beach Resort category at this year's event. The Chedi Muscat, Six Senses Hideaway Zighy Bay, Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and InterContinental Al Bustan Palace Muscat will be battling for the title alongside a number of resorts in Dubai, Jordan and Lebanon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...