Oman's national airline nominated for 2010 World Travel Awards
Oman's national airline has been nominated in the "Middle East's Leading Airline" category of the World Travel Awards 2010 for its efficiency and success in providing travellers with enjoyable flights for their business trips and Oman holidays.
Over a thousand travel companies within the Middle East are competing to win an award at the 17th prestigious event which is taking place on 3 May 2010 at The Address, Dubai Marina. As well as proving Oman holidays for luxury and economy travellers, Oman Air has introduced a new airbus A330 with luxurious and spacious interiors and modern in-flight entertainment.
The airline is also the first in the world to offer passengers on flights to Oman access to full Wi-Fi and mobile phone connectivity throughout the journey to and from their Oman holidays.
Chief Commercial Officer of Oman Air, Barry Brown, said:
"The event is an international benchmark for excellence in the travel and hospitality sector. Win, lose or draw, Oman Air's nomination in the 'Middle East's Leading Airline' category of the World Travel Awards is solid recognition of how the airline's transformation has been so positively received by both our customers and passengers alike.
We have worked hard to ensure that Oman Air is synonymous with comfort, luxury and the very best that air travel has to offer. We will continue to unveil new routes, in-flight services and revolutionary technology which will add even greater value to the Oman Air travel experience."
The prestigious awards are voted by professionals within the travel industry and are handed out to companies in the travel sector who are recognised for their excellence in the sector. In the nominated category, Oman Air will be competing for the award alongside Emirates, Middle East Airlines, Etihad Airways, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Kuwait Airways and Royal Jordan Airlines.
Four Oman hotels and resorts have also been nominated in the Middle East's Leading beach Resort category at this year's event. The Chedi Muscat, Six Senses Hideaway Zighy Bay, Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and InterContinental Al Bustan Palace Muscat will be battling for the title alongside a number of resorts in Dubai, Jordan and Lebanon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...