Tourism Fair in Cuba Focuses on promoting Cuba holidays for Russian market
The 30th International Tourism Fair will be held in Cuba in May and will be devoted to Russia as the number of travellers from the region taking Cuba holidays has increased by 12 percent during the months of January and February this year.
The tourism fair will take place from 3 - 8 May 2010 and will be held at Morro-Cabana Park in Cuba's capital city, Havana. Over 8,700 Russians tourists took holidays in Cuba and stayed in Cuba hotels in January and February 2010, which is a 12 percent increase on the same period during 2009.
The majority of foreign tourists taking Cuba holidays come from Canada, closely followed by Great Britain, Spain, Germany and France. Last year 2.43 million travellers took Cuba holidays and visited the stunning Caribbean region, but despite a 3.4 percent increase on Cuba travel in comparison to 2008, the overall economic sector saw a decline of 11 percent. This year the tourism fair is designed to attract more travellers from Russia to visit Cuba and enjoy Caribbean holidays.
This 30th International Tourism Fair is a major event on the island and will see the presence of professionals from the tourism and travel industry including airlines, travel agents, tour operators, travel associations and trade press. The island country of Cuba is situated in northern Caribbean Sea east and of Mexico. Cuba is the main island and is surrounded by four other smaller groups of islands.
The tropical region is made up of long stretches of pristine sandy beaches, picturesque mountain ranges, historical sites, exotic wildlife and flora, and top spots for diving and snorkelling excursions. The warm tropical climate and friendly locals attract visitors from all over the world who are looking for relaxing Cuba holidays or adventurous active breaks.
The Cuban Ministry for Tourism have announced that from 1 May this year, Cuba nationals living abroad and travellers taking holidays to Cuba must have an insurance policy in order to enter the country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...