Tourism Fair in Cuba Focuses on promoting Cuba holidays for Russian market
The 30th International Tourism Fair will be held in Cuba in May and will be devoted to Russia as the number of travellers from the region taking Cuba holidays has increased by 12 percent during the months of January and February this year.
The tourism fair will take place from 3 - 8 May 2010 and will be held at Morro-Cabana Park in Cuba's capital city, Havana. Over 8,700 Russians tourists took holidays in Cuba and stayed in Cuba hotels in January and February 2010, which is a 12 percent increase on the same period during 2009.
The majority of foreign tourists taking Cuba holidays come from Canada, closely followed by Great Britain, Spain, Germany and France. Last year 2.43 million travellers took Cuba holidays and visited the stunning Caribbean region, but despite a 3.4 percent increase on Cuba travel in comparison to 2008, the overall economic sector saw a decline of 11 percent. This year the tourism fair is designed to attract more travellers from Russia to visit Cuba and enjoy Caribbean holidays.
This 30th International Tourism Fair is a major event on the island and will see the presence of professionals from the tourism and travel industry including airlines, travel agents, tour operators, travel associations and trade press. The island country of Cuba is situated in northern Caribbean Sea east and of Mexico. Cuba is the main island and is surrounded by four other smaller groups of islands.
The tropical region is made up of long stretches of pristine sandy beaches, picturesque mountain ranges, historical sites, exotic wildlife and flora, and top spots for diving and snorkelling excursions. The warm tropical climate and friendly locals attract visitors from all over the world who are looking for relaxing Cuba holidays or adventurous active breaks.
The Cuban Ministry for Tourism have announced that from 1 May this year, Cuba nationals living abroad and travellers taking holidays to Cuba must have an insurance policy in order to enter the country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...