Tourism Fair in Cuba Focuses on promoting Cuba holidays for Russian market
The 30th International Tourism Fair will be held in Cuba in May and will be devoted to Russia as the number of travellers from the region taking Cuba holidays has increased by 12 percent during the months of January and February this year.
The tourism fair will take place from 3 - 8 May 2010 and will be held at Morro-Cabana Park in Cuba's capital city, Havana. Over 8,700 Russians tourists took holidays in Cuba and stayed in Cuba hotels in January and February 2010, which is a 12 percent increase on the same period during 2009.
The majority of foreign tourists taking Cuba holidays come from Canada, closely followed by Great Britain, Spain, Germany and France. Last year 2.43 million travellers took Cuba holidays and visited the stunning Caribbean region, but despite a 3.4 percent increase on Cuba travel in comparison to 2008, the overall economic sector saw a decline of 11 percent. This year the tourism fair is designed to attract more travellers from Russia to visit Cuba and enjoy Caribbean holidays.
This 30th International Tourism Fair is a major event on the island and will see the presence of professionals from the tourism and travel industry including airlines, travel agents, tour operators, travel associations and trade press. The island country of Cuba is situated in northern Caribbean Sea east and of Mexico. Cuba is the main island and is surrounded by four other smaller groups of islands.
The tropical region is made up of long stretches of pristine sandy beaches, picturesque mountain ranges, historical sites, exotic wildlife and flora, and top spots for diving and snorkelling excursions. The warm tropical climate and friendly locals attract visitors from all over the world who are looking for relaxing Cuba holidays or adventurous active breaks.
The Cuban Ministry for Tourism have announced that from 1 May this year, Cuba nationals living abroad and travellers taking holidays to Cuba must have an insurance policy in order to enter the country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...