Tourism Fair in Cuba Focuses on promoting Cuba holidays for Russian market
The 30th International Tourism Fair will be held in Cuba in May and will be devoted to Russia as the number of travellers from the region taking Cuba holidays has increased by 12 percent during the months of January and February this year.
The tourism fair will take place from 3 - 8 May 2010 and will be held at Morro-Cabana Park in Cuba's capital city, Havana. Over 8,700 Russians tourists took holidays in Cuba and stayed in Cuba hotels in January and February 2010, which is a 12 percent increase on the same period during 2009.
The majority of foreign tourists taking Cuba holidays come from Canada, closely followed by Great Britain, Spain, Germany and France. Last year 2.43 million travellers took Cuba holidays and visited the stunning Caribbean region, but despite a 3.4 percent increase on Cuba travel in comparison to 2008, the overall economic sector saw a decline of 11 percent. This year the tourism fair is designed to attract more travellers from Russia to visit Cuba and enjoy Caribbean holidays.
This 30th International Tourism Fair is a major event on the island and will see the presence of professionals from the tourism and travel industry including airlines, travel agents, tour operators, travel associations and trade press. The island country of Cuba is situated in northern Caribbean Sea east and of Mexico. Cuba is the main island and is surrounded by four other smaller groups of islands.
The tropical region is made up of long stretches of pristine sandy beaches, picturesque mountain ranges, historical sites, exotic wildlife and flora, and top spots for diving and snorkelling excursions. The warm tropical climate and friendly locals attract visitors from all over the world who are looking for relaxing Cuba holidays or adventurous active breaks.
The Cuban Ministry for Tourism have announced that from 1 May this year, Cuba nationals living abroad and travellers taking holidays to Cuba must have an insurance policy in order to enter the country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...