Tourists on Cuba Holidays Enjoyed the 2010 Caribbean Dance Biennial in March
Travellers enjoying Cuba holidays this March had the opportunity to see some of the Caribbean's most talented dancers perform in several venues across the El Vedado neighbourhood of Havana as the 2010 Caribbean Dance Biennial came to town.
The Caribbean dance festival recently took place in Havana from 23 to 28 March 2010 featuring dancers from across the Caribbean and Latin America whilst focusing on Caribbean choreography and celebrating the 90th birthday of Cuban prima ballerina, Alicia Alonso.
Visitors to Havana on holidays in Cuba were able to see the performances of gifted dancers from all regions in the Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed the photo exhibition of África DanzÁ África by the French-American photographer, Antoine Tempe.
The exhibition was held at the Raúl Oliva Gallery in El Vedado and tourists on holidays to Cuba had the opportunity to partake in classes, workshops, presentations, documentary screenings and forum discussions entitled ‘Maneras de ser Caribe y algo más, Ways to be Caribbean and Something More’.
Festival lovers on their Caribbean holidays witnessed artists performing in the group dance category that included Bull dancing, by Marcelo Evelyn and Una pieza selecta, by the Coliflor Collective from Brazil; Peso, by Sandra Rami and the El Público Theater Group, and MalSon, by Susana Pous from Cuba; and Cómo se dice en Martinica «la arena de la playa» from México and Martinique.
Solo dance performances by Cuban artists included Instinto de Conservación, by Abel Berenguer and DanzAbierta, Lea, by Janoski Suárez and the Ad Líbitum Company, and ¡Non!, by Lisbet Sad and Ballet Rakatán.
This is the second Caribbean Dance Biennial to take place and it saw the streets of El Vedado full of choreographed performers dancing and encouraging the crowds and tourists enjoying Cuba holidays to take part and join in the fun.
The opening gala of the Caribbean dance festival took place in Old Havana at the Gran Teatro on 23rd March and the closing show and awards ceremony was held at the Mella Theatre at 9pm on 27th March.
Cuba hotels in the capital city of Havana expected to be extremely busy during the festive Caribbean art event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...