Tourists on Cuba Holidays Enjoyed the 2010 Caribbean Dance Biennial in March
Travellers enjoying Cuba holidays this March had the opportunity to see some of the Caribbean's most talented dancers perform in several venues across the El Vedado neighbourhood of Havana as the 2010 Caribbean Dance Biennial came to town.
The Caribbean dance festival recently took place in Havana from 23 to 28 March 2010 featuring dancers from across the Caribbean and Latin America whilst focusing on Caribbean choreography and celebrating the 90th birthday of Cuban prima ballerina, Alicia Alonso.
Visitors to Havana on holidays in Cuba were able to see the performances of gifted dancers from all regions in the Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed the photo exhibition of África DanzÁ África by the French-American photographer, Antoine Tempe.
The exhibition was held at the Raúl Oliva Gallery in El Vedado and tourists on holidays to Cuba had the opportunity to partake in classes, workshops, presentations, documentary screenings and forum discussions entitled ‘Maneras de ser Caribe y algo más, Ways to be Caribbean and Something More’.
Festival lovers on their Caribbean holidays witnessed artists performing in the group dance category that included Bull dancing, by Marcelo Evelyn and Una pieza selecta, by the Coliflor Collective from Brazil; Peso, by Sandra Rami and the El Público Theater Group, and MalSon, by Susana Pous from Cuba; and Cómo se dice en Martinica «la arena de la playa» from México and Martinique.
Solo dance performances by Cuban artists included Instinto de Conservación, by Abel Berenguer and DanzAbierta, Lea, by Janoski Suárez and the Ad Líbitum Company, and ¡Non!, by Lisbet Sad and Ballet Rakatán.
This is the second Caribbean Dance Biennial to take place and it saw the streets of El Vedado full of choreographed performers dancing and encouraging the crowds and tourists enjoying Cuba holidays to take part and join in the fun.
The opening gala of the Caribbean dance festival took place in Old Havana at the Gran Teatro on 23rd March and the closing show and awards ceremony was held at the Mella Theatre at 9pm on 27th March.
Cuba hotels in the capital city of Havana expected to be extremely busy during the festive Caribbean art event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...