Tourists on Cuba Holidays Enjoyed the 2010 Caribbean Dance Biennial in March
Travellers enjoying Cuba holidays this March had the opportunity to see some of the Caribbean's most talented dancers perform in several venues across the El Vedado neighbourhood of Havana as the 2010 Caribbean Dance Biennial came to town.
The Caribbean dance festival recently took place in Havana from 23 to 28 March 2010 featuring dancers from across the Caribbean and Latin America whilst focusing on Caribbean choreography and celebrating the 90th birthday of Cuban prima ballerina, Alicia Alonso.
Visitors to Havana on holidays in Cuba were able to see the performances of gifted dancers from all regions in the Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed the photo exhibition of África DanzÁ África by the French-American photographer, Antoine Tempe.
The exhibition was held at the Raúl Oliva Gallery in El Vedado and tourists on holidays to Cuba had the opportunity to partake in classes, workshops, presentations, documentary screenings and forum discussions entitled ‘Maneras de ser Caribe y algo más, Ways to be Caribbean and Something More’.
Festival lovers on their Caribbean holidays witnessed artists performing in the group dance category that included Bull dancing, by Marcelo Evelyn and Una pieza selecta, by the Coliflor Collective from Brazil; Peso, by Sandra Rami and the El Público Theater Group, and MalSon, by Susana Pous from Cuba; and Cómo se dice en Martinica «la arena de la playa» from México and Martinique.
Solo dance performances by Cuban artists included Instinto de Conservación, by Abel Berenguer and DanzAbierta, Lea, by Janoski Suárez and the Ad Líbitum Company, and ¡Non!, by Lisbet Sad and Ballet Rakatán.
This is the second Caribbean Dance Biennial to take place and it saw the streets of El Vedado full of choreographed performers dancing and encouraging the crowds and tourists enjoying Cuba holidays to take part and join in the fun.
The opening gala of the Caribbean dance festival took place in Old Havana at the Gran Teatro on 23rd March and the closing show and awards ceremony was held at the Mella Theatre at 9pm on 27th March.
Cuba hotels in the capital city of Havana expected to be extremely busy during the festive Caribbean art event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...