St Lucia holidays promotes image of high profile tourist destination during World Alive 2010
During the World Alive 2010 literary festival which took place in St Lucia for the 5th annual consecutive time, the St Lucia Tourist Board took the opportunity to promote St Lucia holidays as a highly desirable and sophisticated holiday destination.
The fifth annual Word Alive 2010 literary festival in St Lucia marketed as part of the island’s Tourist Board efforts to promote St Lucia holidays as a sophisticated Caribbean holiday destination recently took place from 25th to 28th March. This time around the event was distinguished for its hosting of a number of stalwarts of West Indian literature – among them Hon. Derek Walcott (St. Lucia), George Lamming (Barbados), Earl Lovelace (Trinidad & Tobago), Lorna Goodison (Jamaica) to name a few.
Organised and hosted by St. Lucia Arts Festival Company and headed by Adrian Augier, the literary festival this year marked the expansion of the event from one day into a full scale International Literary Arts Festival attracting many literature lovers and satisfying culture-thirsty travellers that happened to be enjoying St Lucia holidays at the time.
In unveiling the Word Alive programme, line-up and schedule of events on Wednesday to the top management of Word Alive’s lead sponsor 1st National Bank, Executive/Artistic Director Adrian Augier declared: “There has to be tangible manifestation of movement and growth of Arts an area that earned a place of distinction for Saint Lucia on the Caribbean stage in the early life of the region, and from a country that has a distinct voice on the global stage.”
Augier added that with deliberate efforts to formalise and organize Film as an artistic medium, the increase in literary publications and the new avenue for expression and recognition now available through Word Alive for budding writers of poetry and prose requires strategic action as we move to raise a standard and holistically develop our creative industries.
The Saint Lucia Tourist Board used the festival as another tool to portray the image of sophisticated and culturally-rich St Lucia holidays and contributed to the endorsement of the” Word Alive Literary Arts Festival which took place at the Samaans Park
Director of the SLTB Louis Lewis explained how the festival fitted nicely into the Board's initiatives to showcase and pitch St Lucia holidays as a high, distinguishable and sought-after destination:
“I think we need not be shy about some of the attributes that we have. It is important that we can boast about them. A festival of this nature fits rights into this agenda—to give our diverse cultural heritage the abundance of creativity that’s available among our population. With an attractive backdrop as our natural environment, I think that sets the bedrock for exploring the creativity and materials that can entice persons.”
In addition, Lewis also said that having recognised the importance of the film industry in marketing the island and St Lucia holidays in general, the SLTB has employed the services of a consultant who will assist the Board with capitalising on great opportunities.
“You might remember Pirates of the Caribbean which was filmed in the Saint Lucia a few years ago; the SLTB missed out on a great opportunity. You saw what transpired recently with the filming of the Bachelor here in Saint Lucia and its widespread publicity and what it has done for us as a destination. It only tells you how much further we can go if we take deliberate steps to capitalize on some of those assets.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus Book a Garden View and get upgraded to an Ocean View!!!
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...