Island Entrepreneurs Promote Barbados Holidays and Golf Courses to Canada's Golfers
Two established entrepreneurs from Barbados are successfully paving the way for the Barbados golf product within the Canadian market through their specialist luxury Barbados holidays company and with the help of the Barbados Tourism Authority.
The entrepreneurs, Damon Straker and Gavin Parravicino, are planning to send three major golfing groups, with at least 40 golfers, from Toronto for luxury holidays in Barbados throughout this year and 2011 where they will enjoy the island’s range of championship golf courses during their stay.
Straker and Parravicino own the luxury holidays company Bajan Sun Vacations, which specialises in providing travellers from all over the world with luxury villa rentals and luxury Barbados holidays.
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) have been in collaboration with Bajan Sun Vacations since the end of 2009 and together they are pushing the golf products of Barbados towards the Canadian market to attract more golfing enthusiasts to take holidays in Barbados.
Sports Tourism Manager of the Barbados Tourism Authority, Gregory Armstrong, said:
“Golfing, as one of the leading sports tourism activities in Barbados, is playing a major role in the island’s development. In 2006 Barbados hosted the World Golf Championships – Barbados World Cup and it was a winner for the nation, which has four premier championship courses, including the new outstanding one at Apes Hill.”
Travellers taking Barbados holidays can enjoy golf games on some of the world’s finest courses including Sandy Lane, Royal Westmoreland, Rockley Golf Club, Almond Beach Club and Barbados Golf Club.
Golfers of all levels and abilities can enjoy a game on the beautiful courses whilst taking in the spectacular views of the Caribbean ocean.
Many of the courses and clubs offer luxury accommodation and Barbados hotels for golfing fanatics with a wide range of golf packages available to ensure they don’t have to travel too far and miss out on any valuable playing time.
In 2006, Barbados became the second Caribbean country to ever host the World Golf Championships World Cup.
The four-day event took place at Sandy Lane which was also the venue for Tiger Woods’ wedding in 2004.
BTA and Bajan Sun Vacations are hopeful that their hard work will encourages golfing travellers from all over the world to make the tropical island their number one golfing holiday destination.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south cost of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
Make the most of a good value for money deal, at a family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , a fashionable and lively strip.
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travelers' Choice Award
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Rostrevor hotel has an easy access to shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
Exclusive added values at the Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, set on the trendy South Coast of Barbados
Relax and enjoy great nightlife on the south coast, stay in a great hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach, where you can choose hassle free accommodation
- Book today and receive a free upgrade to the Junior Suite, free Breakfast and a bottle of Mount Gay Rum
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, daily maid service and a balcony or patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars and night clubs.
Enjoy this all-suite resort's warm service and superb facilities on a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados, the gem of the Caribbean
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Great family resort with excellent kids club and educational marine programme
- Enjoy three onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...