Island Entrepreneurs Promote Barbados Holidays and Golf Courses to Canada's Golfers
Two established entrepreneurs from Barbados are successfully paving the way for the Barbados golf product within the Canadian market through their specialist luxury Barbados holidays company and with the help of the Barbados Tourism Authority.
The entrepreneurs, Damon Straker and Gavin Parravicino, are planning to send three major golfing groups, with at least 40 golfers, from Toronto for luxury holidays in Barbados throughout this year and 2011 where they will enjoy the island’s range of championship golf courses during their stay.
Straker and Parravicino own the luxury holidays company Bajan Sun Vacations, which specialises in providing travellers from all over the world with luxury villa rentals and luxury Barbados holidays.
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) have been in collaboration with Bajan Sun Vacations since the end of 2009 and together they are pushing the golf products of Barbados towards the Canadian market to attract more golfing enthusiasts to take holidays in Barbados.
Sports Tourism Manager of the Barbados Tourism Authority, Gregory Armstrong, said:
“Golfing, as one of the leading sports tourism activities in Barbados, is playing a major role in the island’s development. In 2006 Barbados hosted the World Golf Championships – Barbados World Cup and it was a winner for the nation, which has four premier championship courses, including the new outstanding one at Apes Hill.”
Travellers taking Barbados holidays can enjoy golf games on some of the world’s finest courses including Sandy Lane, Royal Westmoreland, Rockley Golf Club, Almond Beach Club and Barbados Golf Club.
Golfers of all levels and abilities can enjoy a game on the beautiful courses whilst taking in the spectacular views of the Caribbean ocean.
Many of the courses and clubs offer luxury accommodation and Barbados hotels for golfing fanatics with a wide range of golf packages available to ensure they don’t have to travel too far and miss out on any valuable playing time.
In 2006, Barbados became the second Caribbean country to ever host the World Golf Championships World Cup.
The four-day event took place at Sandy Lane which was also the venue for Tiger Woods’ wedding in 2004.
BTA and Bajan Sun Vacations are hopeful that their hard work will encourages golfing travellers from all over the world to make the tropical island their number one golfing holiday destination.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Exclusive last minute DOUBLE FREE room upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Suite as seen on Secret Escapes
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...