St. Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 Hopes to Attract more Visitors on St. Lucia Holidays
Officials are hoping that this years annual St. Lucia Jazz festival will see the involvement of more local St Lucians than it has in previous years and will attract a larger number of travellers on their St. Lucia holidays throughout the two day event-
This year will see the nineteenth St. Lucia Jazz festival take place on Pigeon Island and officials are hoping that it will see more of a presence from locals rather than the large amount of foreign investment over previous years.
Newly appointed Tourism Minister, Allen Chastanet, said:
“The Festival was originally started to put Saint Lucia on the map, to differentiate Saint Lucia from the other destinations in the Caribbean and to fill a void on our calendar when we traditionally have very low business and I have to say that if you look back and on reflection, the Jazz festival has been able to achieve that and more.
“But at the end of the day an event can become too big and therefore the returns it is going to generate are really lost because it becomes that extra dollar that you’re spending in which you are not going to get a return and in my opinion the Jazz festival has reached that point.”
Travellers taking holidays in St. Lucia will be able to enjoy the array of entertainment from 1- 9 May, 2010, where a number of international and local musicians will line the stage.
For those travellers who love their jazz but have not yet booked their St. Lucia holidays, there are a number of luxury St. Lucia hotels to choose from across the Caribbean region which provides easy access to Pigeon Island.
So as well as sunny skies, breathtaking scenery, warm temperatures and the Caribbean’s sparkling ocean, visitors relaxing on luxury holidays will be able to enjoy entertainment from world-class artists and musicians.
This year’s line-up of talent includes Corinne Bailey Rae, Shaggy, Steel Pulse, Eliades Ochoa, Ronald “Boo” Hinkson, Maxi Priest, Teddyson John, Carl Gustave, Claudia Edward, Laura Izibor, Early Clugh, Jean Luc Ponty, Dobet Gnahore, Quito and The Edge, and the world famous artist and producer, Ne-Yo.
Sporting enthusiasts and jazz lovers on Caribbean holidays will be in their element as the world-famous Jazz festival and international cricket series will be both taking place on the island around the same time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- Summer Sale with incredible savings of upto 45% in all room types until 3rd January 2019
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...