St. Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 Hopes to Attract more Visitors on St. Lucia Holidays
Officials are hoping that this years annual St. Lucia Jazz festival will see the involvement of more local St Lucians than it has in previous years and will attract a larger number of travellers on their St. Lucia holidays throughout the two day event-
This year will see the nineteenth St. Lucia Jazz festival take place on Pigeon Island and officials are hoping that it will see more of a presence from locals rather than the large amount of foreign investment over previous years.
Newly appointed Tourism Minister, Allen Chastanet, said:
“The Festival was originally started to put Saint Lucia on the map, to differentiate Saint Lucia from the other destinations in the Caribbean and to fill a void on our calendar when we traditionally have very low business and I have to say that if you look back and on reflection, the Jazz festival has been able to achieve that and more.
“But at the end of the day an event can become too big and therefore the returns it is going to generate are really lost because it becomes that extra dollar that you’re spending in which you are not going to get a return and in my opinion the Jazz festival has reached that point.”
Travellers taking holidays in St. Lucia will be able to enjoy the array of entertainment from 1- 9 May, 2010, where a number of international and local musicians will line the stage.
For those travellers who love their jazz but have not yet booked their St. Lucia holidays, there are a number of luxury St. Lucia hotels to choose from across the Caribbean region which provides easy access to Pigeon Island.
So as well as sunny skies, breathtaking scenery, warm temperatures and the Caribbean’s sparkling ocean, visitors relaxing on luxury holidays will be able to enjoy entertainment from world-class artists and musicians.
This year’s line-up of talent includes Corinne Bailey Rae, Shaggy, Steel Pulse, Eliades Ochoa, Ronald “Boo” Hinkson, Maxi Priest, Teddyson John, Carl Gustave, Claudia Edward, Laura Izibor, Early Clugh, Jean Luc Ponty, Dobet Gnahore, Quito and The Edge, and the world famous artist and producer, Ne-Yo.
Sporting enthusiasts and jazz lovers on Caribbean holidays will be in their element as the world-famous Jazz festival and international cricket series will be both taking place on the island around the same time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...