St. Lucia Jazz Festival 2010 Hopes to Attract more Visitors on St. Lucia Holidays
Officials are hoping that this years annual St. Lucia Jazz festival will see the involvement of more local St Lucians than it has in previous years and will attract a larger number of travellers on their St. Lucia holidays throughout the two day event-
This year will see the nineteenth St. Lucia Jazz festival take place on Pigeon Island and officials are hoping that it will see more of a presence from locals rather than the large amount of foreign investment over previous years.
Newly appointed Tourism Minister, Allen Chastanet, said:
“The Festival was originally started to put Saint Lucia on the map, to differentiate Saint Lucia from the other destinations in the Caribbean and to fill a void on our calendar when we traditionally have very low business and I have to say that if you look back and on reflection, the Jazz festival has been able to achieve that and more.
“But at the end of the day an event can become too big and therefore the returns it is going to generate are really lost because it becomes that extra dollar that you’re spending in which you are not going to get a return and in my opinion the Jazz festival has reached that point.”
Travellers taking holidays in St. Lucia will be able to enjoy the array of entertainment from 1- 9 May, 2010, where a number of international and local musicians will line the stage.
For those travellers who love their jazz but have not yet booked their St. Lucia holidays, there are a number of luxury St. Lucia hotels to choose from across the Caribbean region which provides easy access to Pigeon Island.
So as well as sunny skies, breathtaking scenery, warm temperatures and the Caribbean’s sparkling ocean, visitors relaxing on luxury holidays will be able to enjoy entertainment from world-class artists and musicians.
This year’s line-up of talent includes Corinne Bailey Rae, Shaggy, Steel Pulse, Eliades Ochoa, Ronald “Boo” Hinkson, Maxi Priest, Teddyson John, Carl Gustave, Claudia Edward, Laura Izibor, Early Clugh, Jean Luc Ponty, Dobet Gnahore, Quito and The Edge, and the world famous artist and producer, Ne-Yo.
Sporting enthusiasts and jazz lovers on Caribbean holidays will be in their element as the world-famous Jazz festival and international cricket series will be both taking place on the island around the same time.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Escape to a vibrant resort nestled in St Lucia's most striking landscape - beautiful Labrelotte Bay; it's captivating for families and couples
- Book All Inclusive to include breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks & beverages, including alcohol (wine and sparkling wine by glass), access to both motorized & non motorized water sports and a tennis court
- Located in beautiful Labrelotte Bay on the island of Saint Lucia
- Enhancement sale: Massive Savings on Accomodation and Meal Upgrades of upto 56%
- 6 swimming pools including two children's swimming pools
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...