Travellers Can Enjoy 2010 Reggae Festival on Barbados Holidays
Travellers enjoying Barbados holiday in April this year will be able to experience the famous Barbados Reggae Festival featuring a number of local musicians and a new additional fourth event to the programme, a party cruise on the Harbour Master.
The four-day Barbados Reggae Festival will be taking place from 18-25 April and will kick off with the Digicel Reggae On The Beach at Carlisle Bay Centre on the first day.
This year’s event will be focusing on getting the HIV/Aids message across to travellers taking holidays to Barbados as well as local islanders, using different media methods throughout the duration of the Reggae Festival with the help of musicians and DJs.
Dr. Carol Jacobs, Chairman of the Caribbean Broadcast Media Partnership on HIV/Aids, said:
“We are in an era of what we call AIDS fatigue. . . . So if we’re going to engage our young people, if we’re going to engage our DJs, if we’re going to engage our songwriters, our artistes our entertainers, it must be in a real kind of way. It must be in their world in real time.”
The event is also in conjunction with South Central Entertainment who will be providing Super Sound Check messages to festival goers, and Leah Marville, the reigning Miss Barbados World, with her Love Campaign.
The organisation is hoping to get the important message across to travellers on holidays in Barbados from all over the world as well as local Bajans.
Other events in the festival programme include the Vintage Reggae Show & Dance which will be held at the gymnasium of the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex on 23 April; the new Harbour Master party cruise on 25 April; and the finale event of Reggae on the Hill on 25 April.
Travellers taking Barbados holidays will be able to enjoy an array of entertainment at this year’s festival with performances from Konshens, John Holt, Busy Signal, Mr. Vegas, Marcia Griffiths, Maxi Priest, Ernie Smith, Taurus Riley, Jon Doe, Admiral, Kirk Browne, Li’l Rick, Albert Olton, Buggy, and Ken Lazarus.
This year’s festival will be costing $1.4 million but despite this, organisers have announced that the ticket prices will not be increasing for the second consecutive year.
Visitors taking Barbados holidays during April can now book their early bird tickets for the event and are advised to book accommodation at Barbados hotels as soon as possible before availability runs out.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale now on with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- Save up to 50% off with the May FLASH SALE
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...