Travellers Can Enjoy 2010 Reggae Festival on Barbados Holidays
Travellers enjoying Barbados holiday in April this year will be able to experience the famous Barbados Reggae Festival featuring a number of local musicians and a new additional fourth event to the programme, a party cruise on the Harbour Master.
The four-day Barbados Reggae Festival will be taking place from 18-25 April and will kick off with the Digicel Reggae On The Beach at Carlisle Bay Centre on the first day.
This year’s event will be focusing on getting the HIV/Aids message across to travellers taking holidays to Barbados as well as local islanders, using different media methods throughout the duration of the Reggae Festival with the help of musicians and DJs.
Dr. Carol Jacobs, Chairman of the Caribbean Broadcast Media Partnership on HIV/Aids, said:
“We are in an era of what we call AIDS fatigue. . . . So if we’re going to engage our young people, if we’re going to engage our DJs, if we’re going to engage our songwriters, our artistes our entertainers, it must be in a real kind of way. It must be in their world in real time.”
The event is also in conjunction with South Central Entertainment who will be providing Super Sound Check messages to festival goers, and Leah Marville, the reigning Miss Barbados World, with her Love Campaign.
The organisation is hoping to get the important message across to travellers on holidays in Barbados from all over the world as well as local Bajans.
Other events in the festival programme include the Vintage Reggae Show & Dance which will be held at the gymnasium of the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex on 23 April; the new Harbour Master party cruise on 25 April; and the finale event of Reggae on the Hill on 25 April.
Travellers taking Barbados holidays will be able to enjoy an array of entertainment at this year’s festival with performances from Konshens, John Holt, Busy Signal, Mr. Vegas, Marcia Griffiths, Maxi Priest, Ernie Smith, Taurus Riley, Jon Doe, Admiral, Kirk Browne, Li’l Rick, Albert Olton, Buggy, and Ken Lazarus.
This year’s festival will be costing $1.4 million but despite this, organisers have announced that the ticket prices will not be increasing for the second consecutive year.
Visitors taking Barbados holidays during April can now book their early bird tickets for the event and are advised to book accommodation at Barbados hotels as soon as possible before availability runs out.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
The tranquil spa and relaxation space at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels complements the beauty of the sea and sand as well as the chic contemporary design.
- Incredible savings of up to 50%, extra savings now available in the February sale
- Enjoy complimentary motorised water sports and Kids Club
- Book the Elegance Dine Around Half Board or Full Board Meal Plans and also dine at the Oceanfront Italian Restaurant Daphne's for Dinner.
- Only 20 minutes from the island capital of Bridgetown
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Incredible discounts on all rooms plus an additional flash sale saving discount
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Venture to the island of Barbados where pristine beaches and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean await. To the south...