Minimum disturbance for St Lucia holidays at Jalousie Plantation during refurbishment
The prestigious Jalousie Plantation in St Lucia has recently announced that further refurbishment works will be taking place all over the resort while reassuring us that all of these will be carried out presenting minimum disturbance to guests
Having been voted several times as St Lucia’s Best Hotel (World Travel Awards, 2004, 2007 and 2009) and more recently having attracted a lot of attention as the chosen filming location for the American “The Bachelor” TV series’ last episodes, the luxuriously exclusive Jalousie Plantation offers travellers with first class St Lucia holidays in one of the most awe-inspiring locations in the world, currently listed as a World Heritage Site.
Now a public announcement from this exceptional resort tells us that general refurbishment works of the public areas as well as the construction of new luxury villas, will mean that St Lucia holidays here will be limited with no access to the Sugar Mill Rooms, which completely closed starting mid-April in order to carry a complete renovation and upgrade program. Fortunately the Sugar Mill area has no other accommodations nearby and work on these is expected to be finished in only a month, so those looking to stay at these distinctive rooms during their St Lucia holidays can do so from late April.
However the resort also reassures us that St Lucia holidays will still be possible at this resort at any of the other 8 clusters of rooms and villas that lie scattered throughout the 100 acre plantation. Minimum disturbance is guaranteed as each cluster is conveniently located at a considerable distance from all the others. So those looking for luxury St Lucia holidays they can still enjoy them here at one of the most highly-praised St Lucia hotels.
Further reassurance indicates that there will be little or no disturbance in most of the clusters as the work will be strictly limited to landscaping and snagging. Furthermore, the newly re-opened Bayside Restaurant is now in full operation for a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner while the old Plantation Restaurant has been replaced by The Great Room, serving excellent dinner menus from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. Thus no facilities will suffer from the ongoing works with all other restaurants and bars functioning as normal.
For fitness fanatics on St Lucia holidays the resort also tells us that the Fitness Centre has been fully renovated and is now open for use with state of the art Technogym equipment including treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers and free weights.
On the other hand, a new rum bar (The Cane Bar) recently in August 2009 and a new late night bar in the central Great House also debuted in September 2009. Regarding the hotel’s general landscaping, the bulk of the retiling and other work on the new Verandah lily pond and fountain has now been completed. The area is awaiting landscaping and final touches.
For stress-relieving St Lucia holidays, it is expected that the new Rainforest Spa tree house treatment rooms will be completed and in operation by late summer of 2010. As the work is within the Rainforest Walk area, disruption to guests is minimal as is the noise associated with this project. The Oasis Spa however continues operations as normal.
On a last note, the resort wants us to know that every effort is being made to keep disruption to guests in house to a minimum so that everyone can still have fabulous St Lucia holidays here while the works continues until further notice.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...