Minimum disturbance for St Lucia holidays at Jalousie Plantation during refurbishment
The prestigious Jalousie Plantation in St Lucia has recently announced that further refurbishment works will be taking place all over the resort while reassuring us that all of these will be carried out presenting minimum disturbance to guests
Having been voted several times as St Lucia’s Best Hotel (World Travel Awards, 2004, 2007 and 2009) and more recently having attracted a lot of attention as the chosen filming location for the American “The Bachelor” TV series’ last episodes, the luxuriously exclusive Jalousie Plantation offers travellers with first class St Lucia holidays in one of the most awe-inspiring locations in the world, currently listed as a World Heritage Site.
Now a public announcement from this exceptional resort tells us that general refurbishment works of the public areas as well as the construction of new luxury villas, will mean that St Lucia holidays here will be limited with no access to the Sugar Mill Rooms, which completely closed starting mid-April in order to carry a complete renovation and upgrade program. Fortunately the Sugar Mill area has no other accommodations nearby and work on these is expected to be finished in only a month, so those looking to stay at these distinctive rooms during their St Lucia holidays can do so from late April.
However the resort also reassures us that St Lucia holidays will still be possible at this resort at any of the other 8 clusters of rooms and villas that lie scattered throughout the 100 acre plantation. Minimum disturbance is guaranteed as each cluster is conveniently located at a considerable distance from all the others. So those looking for luxury St Lucia holidays they can still enjoy them here at one of the most highly-praised St Lucia hotels.
Further reassurance indicates that there will be little or no disturbance in most of the clusters as the work will be strictly limited to landscaping and snagging. Furthermore, the newly re-opened Bayside Restaurant is now in full operation for a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner while the old Plantation Restaurant has been replaced by The Great Room, serving excellent dinner menus from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. Thus no facilities will suffer from the ongoing works with all other restaurants and bars functioning as normal.
For fitness fanatics on St Lucia holidays the resort also tells us that the Fitness Centre has been fully renovated and is now open for use with state of the art Technogym equipment including treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers and free weights.
On the other hand, a new rum bar (The Cane Bar) recently in August 2009 and a new late night bar in the central Great House also debuted in September 2009. Regarding the hotel’s general landscaping, the bulk of the retiling and other work on the new Verandah lily pond and fountain has now been completed. The area is awaiting landscaping and final touches.
For stress-relieving St Lucia holidays, it is expected that the new Rainforest Spa tree house treatment rooms will be completed and in operation by late summer of 2010. As the work is within the Rainforest Walk area, disruption to guests is minimal as is the noise associated with this project. The Oasis Spa however continues operations as normal.
On a last note, the resort wants us to know that every effort is being made to keep disruption to guests in house to a minimum so that everyone can still have fabulous St Lucia holidays here while the works continues until further notice.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...