Minimum disturbance for St Lucia holidays at Jalousie Plantation during refurbishment
The prestigious Jalousie Plantation in St Lucia has recently announced that further refurbishment works will be taking place all over the resort while reassuring us that all of these will be carried out presenting minimum disturbance to guests
Having been voted several times as St Lucia’s Best Hotel (World Travel Awards, 2004, 2007 and 2009) and more recently having attracted a lot of attention as the chosen filming location for the American “The Bachelor” TV series’ last episodes, the luxuriously exclusive Jalousie Plantation offers travellers with first class St Lucia holidays in one of the most awe-inspiring locations in the world, currently listed as a World Heritage Site.
Now a public announcement from this exceptional resort tells us that general refurbishment works of the public areas as well as the construction of new luxury villas, will mean that St Lucia holidays here will be limited with no access to the Sugar Mill Rooms, which completely closed starting mid-April in order to carry a complete renovation and upgrade program. Fortunately the Sugar Mill area has no other accommodations nearby and work on these is expected to be finished in only a month, so those looking to stay at these distinctive rooms during their St Lucia holidays can do so from late April.
However the resort also reassures us that St Lucia holidays will still be possible at this resort at any of the other 8 clusters of rooms and villas that lie scattered throughout the 100 acre plantation. Minimum disturbance is guaranteed as each cluster is conveniently located at a considerable distance from all the others. So those looking for luxury St Lucia holidays they can still enjoy them here at one of the most highly-praised St Lucia hotels.
Further reassurance indicates that there will be little or no disturbance in most of the clusters as the work will be strictly limited to landscaping and snagging. Furthermore, the newly re-opened Bayside Restaurant is now in full operation for a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner while the old Plantation Restaurant has been replaced by The Great Room, serving excellent dinner menus from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. Thus no facilities will suffer from the ongoing works with all other restaurants and bars functioning as normal.
For fitness fanatics on St Lucia holidays the resort also tells us that the Fitness Centre has been fully renovated and is now open for use with state of the art Technogym equipment including treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers and free weights.
On the other hand, a new rum bar (The Cane Bar) recently in August 2009 and a new late night bar in the central Great House also debuted in September 2009. Regarding the hotel’s general landscaping, the bulk of the retiling and other work on the new Verandah lily pond and fountain has now been completed. The area is awaiting landscaping and final touches.
For stress-relieving St Lucia holidays, it is expected that the new Rainforest Spa tree house treatment rooms will be completed and in operation by late summer of 2010. As the work is within the Rainforest Walk area, disruption to guests is minimal as is the noise associated with this project. The Oasis Spa however continues operations as normal.
On a last note, the resort wants us to know that every effort is being made to keep disruption to guests in house to a minimum so that everyone can still have fabulous St Lucia holidays here while the works continues until further notice.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Complimentary DOUBLE Room upgrade available when staying in a Verandah Suite
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...