Positive Results for Cuba in International Tourism Fair
According to Cuban local press, the Cuba holidays stand at the recent ITB tourism fair in Berlin proved highly popular among the audience attending the event. The sources added that the stand was visited by several professionals and Cuba-curious visitors.
Recently finished International Tourism Fair in Berlin (ITB) fair was the event where Cuba holidays managed to attract lots of attention from common visitors and the travel professionals. The Cuba tourism industry proudly announced they obtained positive results at the ITB, and that they successfully achieved to promote Cuba holidays and all of the many holiday products the island had to offer to the European holiday market, said a local press representative of the Cuban tourism sector.
The sources went on to add that the Cuba holidays stand at the Berlin fair was visited by a large amount of professionals and the general public eager for knowledge on the proposals of this Caribbean holiday destination’s various attractions, holiday packages, cultural values, sites of interests, eco holidays and business enterprises that the island offered.
The Cuban agency of news Prensa Latina news agency reported that instead of the traditional interest towards sun and beach Cuba holidays there were other preferences, like ecological and cultural tourism, incentive trips and those for events and congresses.
Cuba’s delegation in Berlin was headed by Cuban Deputy Tourism Minister Maria Elena Lopez, and was made up by 11 enterprises: Cubanacan, Gran Caribe, Gaviota, Islazul, Habaguanex, Cubatur, Gaviota Tours, Cubanacan Viajes, San Cristobal, Ecotur and Havanatur.
Organisers of the International Fair affirmed that this year the event was visited by 180,000 people who clearly showed an enthusiastic interest on Cuba holidays and all they had to offer. From conventional beach getaways, to nature trips, to salsa tours and luxury Cuba holidays, the Cuba stand in Berlin had something for everyone and visitors just couldn’t help making a stop when passing by.
The largest tourist fair in the world, ITB gives visitors the opportunity to interact with respect to trips, holiday destinations, and tour operators, booking systems, airlines, hotels and all the companies who want to offer the whole world to their clients in a few hours. For the case of Cuba holidays, as well as the Tourism Ministry representatives there was also Cuba’s main carrier Cubana de Aviacion promoting their many departure points taking travellers to hassle free Cuba holidays from a range of European cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...