Positive Results for Cuba in International Tourism Fair
According to Cuban local press, the Cuba holidays stand at the recent ITB tourism fair in Berlin proved highly popular among the audience attending the event. The sources added that the stand was visited by several professionals and Cuba-curious visitors.
Recently finished International Tourism Fair in Berlin (ITB) fair was the event where Cuba holidays managed to attract lots of attention from common visitors and the travel professionals. The Cuba tourism industry proudly announced they obtained positive results at the ITB, and that they successfully achieved to promote Cuba holidays and all of the many holiday products the island had to offer to the European holiday market, said a local press representative of the Cuban tourism sector.
The sources went on to add that the Cuba holidays stand at the Berlin fair was visited by a large amount of professionals and the general public eager for knowledge on the proposals of this Caribbean holiday destination’s various attractions, holiday packages, cultural values, sites of interests, eco holidays and business enterprises that the island offered.
The Cuban agency of news Prensa Latina news agency reported that instead of the traditional interest towards sun and beach Cuba holidays there were other preferences, like ecological and cultural tourism, incentive trips and those for events and congresses.
Cuba’s delegation in Berlin was headed by Cuban Deputy Tourism Minister Maria Elena Lopez, and was made up by 11 enterprises: Cubanacan, Gran Caribe, Gaviota, Islazul, Habaguanex, Cubatur, Gaviota Tours, Cubanacan Viajes, San Cristobal, Ecotur and Havanatur.
Organisers of the International Fair affirmed that this year the event was visited by 180,000 people who clearly showed an enthusiastic interest on Cuba holidays and all they had to offer. From conventional beach getaways, to nature trips, to salsa tours and luxury Cuba holidays, the Cuba stand in Berlin had something for everyone and visitors just couldn’t help making a stop when passing by.
The largest tourist fair in the world, ITB gives visitors the opportunity to interact with respect to trips, holiday destinations, and tour operators, booking systems, airlines, hotels and all the companies who want to offer the whole world to their clients in a few hours. For the case of Cuba holidays, as well as the Tourism Ministry representatives there was also Cuba’s main carrier Cubana de Aviacion promoting their many departure points taking travellers to hassle free Cuba holidays from a range of European cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...