Positive Results for Cuba in International Tourism Fair
According to Cuban local press, the Cuba holidays stand at the recent ITB tourism fair in Berlin proved highly popular among the audience attending the event. The sources added that the stand was visited by several professionals and Cuba-curious visitors.
Recently finished International Tourism Fair in Berlin (ITB) fair was the event where Cuba holidays managed to attract lots of attention from common visitors and the travel professionals. The Cuba tourism industry proudly announced they obtained positive results at the ITB, and that they successfully achieved to promote Cuba holidays and all of the many holiday products the island had to offer to the European holiday market, said a local press representative of the Cuban tourism sector.
The sources went on to add that the Cuba holidays stand at the Berlin fair was visited by a large amount of professionals and the general public eager for knowledge on the proposals of this Caribbean holiday destination’s various attractions, holiday packages, cultural values, sites of interests, eco holidays and business enterprises that the island offered.
The Cuban agency of news Prensa Latina news agency reported that instead of the traditional interest towards sun and beach Cuba holidays there were other preferences, like ecological and cultural tourism, incentive trips and those for events and congresses.
Cuba’s delegation in Berlin was headed by Cuban Deputy Tourism Minister Maria Elena Lopez, and was made up by 11 enterprises: Cubanacan, Gran Caribe, Gaviota, Islazul, Habaguanex, Cubatur, Gaviota Tours, Cubanacan Viajes, San Cristobal, Ecotur and Havanatur.
Organisers of the International Fair affirmed that this year the event was visited by 180,000 people who clearly showed an enthusiastic interest on Cuba holidays and all they had to offer. From conventional beach getaways, to nature trips, to salsa tours and luxury Cuba holidays, the Cuba stand in Berlin had something for everyone and visitors just couldn’t help making a stop when passing by.
The largest tourist fair in the world, ITB gives visitors the opportunity to interact with respect to trips, holiday destinations, and tour operators, booking systems, airlines, hotels and all the companies who want to offer the whole world to their clients in a few hours. For the case of Cuba holidays, as well as the Tourism Ministry representatives there was also Cuba’s main carrier Cubana de Aviacion promoting their many departure points taking travellers to hassle free Cuba holidays from a range of European cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...