Jamaica holidays were a hit on the Travel Show
During this month's Travel Show, (the world's largest travel and adventure show) Jamaica holidays enjoyed great popularity amongst visitors who just couldn't help but stopping by the Jamaica stand attracted by what the destination had to offer.
It’s official, Jamaica holidays are more popular than ever! Well, at least they seem to be for the US visitors that attended the recent Travel Show that was held on Washington DC.
On the recent travel event the stand promoting Jamaica holidays received much attention by attendees who clustered around the kiosk. Jamaica holidays turned out to be one of the most sought after travel destinations on display at the world's largest travel and adventure show, which was recently held from March 6 -7, at the Washington Convention Center, in Washington, DC.
As we were saying a couple of paragraphs earlier, the Jamaica Tourist Board booth was incredibly popular as show goers came non-stop seeking information on Jamaica holidays. Jamaica's booth was a buzz of activity, with the showing of the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) new advertisement, featuring the world's fastest man, Usain Bolt who filmed a series of TV adverts promoting Jamaica holidays.
Over 200 exhibitors took part in the event, which attracted more than 20,000 visitors. And out of these few thousands a large part stopped by the Jamaican stand to see what was on offer at this enchanting Caribbean holiday destination.
The JTB Business Development Manager for the Mid-Atlantic region, Victoria Harper, provided visitors to the JTB booth with information about the exciting array of adventure options available to do during Jamaica holidays, including hiking, caving and canopy tours. She was also there providing details on the wide range of Jamaica hotels, attractions and events, as well as specially priced packages and luxury holidays.
Eco-conscious travellers and nature enthusiasts who visited the booth were able to explore what makes the island a nature-friendly holiday destination, and what makes Jamaica holidays a unique opportunity to discover the lush and abundant Caribbean flora and fauna. In the meantime, avid bird watchers picked up their 'Bird Songs in Jamaica' guide, a must-have sound guide identifying 119 species found in Jamaica.
Commenting on the expo, Jamaican Director of Tourism, John Lynch said the timing of the expo was especially right, because the Mid-Atlantic is currently experiencing extremely cold weather and travellers can easily escape to Jamaica holidays in just over three hours (departing from Washington) to experience Jamaica's warmth and the range of adventure tours available.
"With the diversity and variety of Jamaica's attractions, the Adventures in Travel Expo affords us an excellent opportunity to appeal to adventure travellers who may not know how much Jamaica has to offer," - were Lynch’s words.
Showcasing Jamaica holidays in other U.S cities, similar shows are also planned to be held in Chicago from March 20-21; and in New York City from October 9-10.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...