Virtuoso names Cuba holidays as top emerging destination
India, Vietnam and Cuba holidays were amongst the top of the list which was released on Monday by the luxury travel network, Virtuoso, which was based on feedback from travel industry experts.
Latin and Asian locations were towards the top of the list for potentially popular destinations for 2010 with India locations favoured to be the most popular. The report which was complied from feedback from travel advisers, consultants and providers predicted that more travellers will be taking Cuba holidays this year and Vietnam took second place on the list of "emerging holiday destinations".
The list of travel destinations reflected the trends in comparison with 2009 travel destinations and forecasts the preferences of wealth U.S travellers.
CEO of Virtuoso, Mathew D Upchurch, said in a press release:
"Although favourites such as Italy and Australia appear on this year's list of popular vacation locations, the results point to new interest in emerging destinations such as India, Vietnam and Cuba, the latter of which is revealing, given the current US restrictions."
If U.S Congress lifts the current ban on U.S travellers freely travelling to Cuba, the number of bookings for Cuba holidays is likely to significantly rise this year. The close proximity of the Caribbean region enables U.S travellers to take holidays in Cuba with just a short flight. The report revealed that Italy was ranked the most popular international travel destination and the favourite for family holidays.
The Galapagos Islands, China and Chile were also on the list of emerging destinations just behind Cuba. The survey revealed that the rental of private villas is also on the rise this year as many wealthy travellers enjoy spending intimate time with family and friends whilst on holiday.
With over 6,000 travel specialists employed by Virtuoso across 300 agencies and throughout 22 countries in New Zealand, Australia, South America, North America, and the Caribbean, the luxury travel network is the largest in the industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...