Virtuoso names Cuba holidays as top emerging destination
India, Vietnam and Cuba holidays were amongst the top of the list which was released on Monday by the luxury travel network, Virtuoso, which was based on feedback from travel industry experts.
Latin and Asian locations were towards the top of the list for potentially popular destinations for 2010 with India locations favoured to be the most popular. The report which was complied from feedback from travel advisers, consultants and providers predicted that more travellers will be taking Cuba holidays this year and Vietnam took second place on the list of "emerging holiday destinations".
The list of travel destinations reflected the trends in comparison with 2009 travel destinations and forecasts the preferences of wealth U.S travellers.
CEO of Virtuoso, Mathew D Upchurch, said in a press release:
"Although favourites such as Italy and Australia appear on this year's list of popular vacation locations, the results point to new interest in emerging destinations such as India, Vietnam and Cuba, the latter of which is revealing, given the current US restrictions."
If U.S Congress lifts the current ban on U.S travellers freely travelling to Cuba, the number of bookings for Cuba holidays is likely to significantly rise this year. The close proximity of the Caribbean region enables U.S travellers to take holidays in Cuba with just a short flight. The report revealed that Italy was ranked the most popular international travel destination and the favourite for family holidays.
The Galapagos Islands, China and Chile were also on the list of emerging destinations just behind Cuba. The survey revealed that the rental of private villas is also on the rise this year as many wealthy travellers enjoy spending intimate time with family and friends whilst on holiday.
With over 6,000 travel specialists employed by Virtuoso across 300 agencies and throughout 22 countries in New Zealand, Australia, South America, North America, and the Caribbean, the luxury travel network is the largest in the industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...