Virtuoso names Cuba holidays as top emerging destination
India, Vietnam and Cuba holidays were amongst the top of the list which was released on Monday by the luxury travel network, Virtuoso, which was based on feedback from travel industry experts.
Latin and Asian locations were towards the top of the list for potentially popular destinations for 2010 with India locations favoured to be the most popular. The report which was complied from feedback from travel advisers, consultants and providers predicted that more travellers will be taking Cuba holidays this year and Vietnam took second place on the list of "emerging holiday destinations".
The list of travel destinations reflected the trends in comparison with 2009 travel destinations and forecasts the preferences of wealth U.S travellers.
CEO of Virtuoso, Mathew D Upchurch, said in a press release:
"Although favourites such as Italy and Australia appear on this year's list of popular vacation locations, the results point to new interest in emerging destinations such as India, Vietnam and Cuba, the latter of which is revealing, given the current US restrictions."
If U.S Congress lifts the current ban on U.S travellers freely travelling to Cuba, the number of bookings for Cuba holidays is likely to significantly rise this year. The close proximity of the Caribbean region enables U.S travellers to take holidays in Cuba with just a short flight. The report revealed that Italy was ranked the most popular international travel destination and the favourite for family holidays.
The Galapagos Islands, China and Chile were also on the list of emerging destinations just behind Cuba. The survey revealed that the rental of private villas is also on the rise this year as many wealthy travellers enjoy spending intimate time with family and friends whilst on holiday.
With over 6,000 travel specialists employed by Virtuoso across 300 agencies and throughout 22 countries in New Zealand, Australia, South America, North America, and the Caribbean, the luxury travel network is the largest in the industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Oct
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...