Sandals Executives receive Doctorates
Two senior executives who help provide enjoyable Sandals holidays for travellers from all over the world have received high recognition from the Global University of Lifelong Learning (GULL) at a recent ceremony and graduation service in St Ann.
The two executives from Sandals Hotels and Resorts were not the only staff members to receive recognition; another 30 staff members from Sandals, Beaches and Royal Plantation Caribbean hotels and resorts also received awards. Louis Grant, General Manager of Sandals Dunn's River, received an honorary doctorate and Howard Spittle, General Manager of Beaches Boscobel, received a doctorate at the ceremony held at Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios in St. Ann.
The other 30 Sandals staff members were awarded Bachelor Level 2 and Master Degrees at the St. Ann ceremony and a second ceremony held in Montego Bay, St. James. The staff members all play a vital role in ensuring that travellers enjoy their Sandals holidays at the company's Jamaica hotels and Caribbean hotels.
Sandals work closely with GULL, a non-profit foundation which encourages lifelong learning. Sandals has endorsed the education programme in order to provide staff with access to professional and academic excellence within the work place and the company encourages its staff members to further their education.
Co-Founder and President of GULL, Dr. Richard Teare, spoke of Louis Grant's success and said:
"Mr Grant is widely acclaimed as a hotelier's hotelier and he has worked in the business for some 54 years.
"Many of his colleagues speak of his legendary ability to mentor and develop team members and managers so that they might achieve their full potential."
In his acceptance speech, Grant said:
"If you are willing to put in the work you can be all you want to be. The hotel business is a challenging profession that requires effort, discipline and a willingness to keep learning."
The travel company provide luxury Sandals holidays at a number of all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean for travellers from all around the world. Sandals provide a number of hotels and resorts across the Caribbean including Antigua, the Bahamas, St. Lucia, and Jamaica. The resorts offer fine dining experiences, personalised butlers, beachfront luxury accommodation, watersport activities, evening entertainment, golf, and sumptuous spa treatments for travellers of all group sizes on luxury Sandals holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...