Sandals Executives receive Doctorates
Two senior executives who help provide enjoyable Sandals holidays for travellers from all over the world have received high recognition from the Global University of Lifelong Learning (GULL) at a recent ceremony and graduation service in St Ann.
The two executives from Sandals Hotels and Resorts were not the only staff members to receive recognition; another 30 staff members from Sandals, Beaches and Royal Plantation Caribbean hotels and resorts also received awards. Louis Grant, General Manager of Sandals Dunn's River, received an honorary doctorate and Howard Spittle, General Manager of Beaches Boscobel, received a doctorate at the ceremony held at Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios in St. Ann.
The other 30 Sandals staff members were awarded Bachelor Level 2 and Master Degrees at the St. Ann ceremony and a second ceremony held in Montego Bay, St. James. The staff members all play a vital role in ensuring that travellers enjoy their Sandals holidays at the company's Jamaica hotels and Caribbean hotels.
Sandals work closely with GULL, a non-profit foundation which encourages lifelong learning. Sandals has endorsed the education programme in order to provide staff with access to professional and academic excellence within the work place and the company encourages its staff members to further their education.
Co-Founder and President of GULL, Dr. Richard Teare, spoke of Louis Grant's success and said:
"Mr Grant is widely acclaimed as a hotelier's hotelier and he has worked in the business for some 54 years.
"Many of his colleagues speak of his legendary ability to mentor and develop team members and managers so that they might achieve their full potential."
In his acceptance speech, Grant said:
"If you are willing to put in the work you can be all you want to be. The hotel business is a challenging profession that requires effort, discipline and a willingness to keep learning."
The travel company provide luxury Sandals holidays at a number of all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean for travellers from all around the world. Sandals provide a number of hotels and resorts across the Caribbean including Antigua, the Bahamas, St. Lucia, and Jamaica. The resorts offer fine dining experiences, personalised butlers, beachfront luxury accommodation, watersport activities, evening entertainment, golf, and sumptuous spa treatments for travellers of all group sizes on luxury Sandals holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...