Sandals Executives receive Doctorates
Two senior executives who help provide enjoyable Sandals holidays for travellers from all over the world have received high recognition from the Global University of Lifelong Learning (GULL) at a recent ceremony and graduation service in St Ann.
The two executives from Sandals Hotels and Resorts were not the only staff members to receive recognition; another 30 staff members from Sandals, Beaches and Royal Plantation Caribbean hotels and resorts also received awards. Louis Grant, General Manager of Sandals Dunn's River, received an honorary doctorate and Howard Spittle, General Manager of Beaches Boscobel, received a doctorate at the ceremony held at Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios in St. Ann.
The other 30 Sandals staff members were awarded Bachelor Level 2 and Master Degrees at the St. Ann ceremony and a second ceremony held in Montego Bay, St. James. The staff members all play a vital role in ensuring that travellers enjoy their Sandals holidays at the company's Jamaica hotels and Caribbean hotels.
Sandals work closely with GULL, a non-profit foundation which encourages lifelong learning. Sandals has endorsed the education programme in order to provide staff with access to professional and academic excellence within the work place and the company encourages its staff members to further their education.
Co-Founder and President of GULL, Dr. Richard Teare, spoke of Louis Grant's success and said:
"Mr Grant is widely acclaimed as a hotelier's hotelier and he has worked in the business for some 54 years.
"Many of his colleagues speak of his legendary ability to mentor and develop team members and managers so that they might achieve their full potential."
In his acceptance speech, Grant said:
"If you are willing to put in the work you can be all you want to be. The hotel business is a challenging profession that requires effort, discipline and a willingness to keep learning."
The travel company provide luxury Sandals holidays at a number of all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean for travellers from all around the world. Sandals provide a number of hotels and resorts across the Caribbean including Antigua, the Bahamas, St. Lucia, and Jamaica. The resorts offer fine dining experiences, personalised butlers, beachfront luxury accommodation, watersport activities, evening entertainment, golf, and sumptuous spa treatments for travellers of all group sizes on luxury Sandals holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...