Sandals Executives receive Doctorates
Two senior executives who help provide enjoyable Sandals holidays for travellers from all over the world have received high recognition from the Global University of Lifelong Learning (GULL) at a recent ceremony and graduation service in St Ann.
The two executives from Sandals Hotels and Resorts were not the only staff members to receive recognition; another 30 staff members from Sandals, Beaches and Royal Plantation Caribbean hotels and resorts also received awards. Louis Grant, General Manager of Sandals Dunn's River, received an honorary doctorate and Howard Spittle, General Manager of Beaches Boscobel, received a doctorate at the ceremony held at Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios in St. Ann.
The other 30 Sandals staff members were awarded Bachelor Level 2 and Master Degrees at the St. Ann ceremony and a second ceremony held in Montego Bay, St. James. The staff members all play a vital role in ensuring that travellers enjoy their Sandals holidays at the company's Jamaica hotels and Caribbean hotels.
Sandals work closely with GULL, a non-profit foundation which encourages lifelong learning. Sandals has endorsed the education programme in order to provide staff with access to professional and academic excellence within the work place and the company encourages its staff members to further their education.
Co-Founder and President of GULL, Dr. Richard Teare, spoke of Louis Grant's success and said:
"Mr Grant is widely acclaimed as a hotelier's hotelier and he has worked in the business for some 54 years.
"Many of his colleagues speak of his legendary ability to mentor and develop team members and managers so that they might achieve their full potential."
In his acceptance speech, Grant said:
"If you are willing to put in the work you can be all you want to be. The hotel business is a challenging profession that requires effort, discipline and a willingness to keep learning."
The travel company provide luxury Sandals holidays at a number of all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean for travellers from all around the world. Sandals provide a number of hotels and resorts across the Caribbean including Antigua, the Bahamas, St. Lucia, and Jamaica. The resorts offer fine dining experiences, personalised butlers, beachfront luxury accommodation, watersport activities, evening entertainment, golf, and sumptuous spa treatments for travellers of all group sizes on luxury Sandals holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...