Doubletree By Hilton expands hotels in Mexico
Hilton Worldwide have announced that a management agreement with Consorcio Hotelero S.A de C.V has been signed for development of a new full service Doubletree by Hilton hotel which will provide luxury holidays for tourists on Mexico and Cancun holidays.
Doubletree by Hilton, Merida will be located in the business area and hotel zone of Merida which offers visitors on Mexico and Cancun holidays or business trips easy access to a wide range of shops, art galleries, museums, restaurants and historical sites.
Senior Vice President of Caribbean, Latin America and Mexico for Hilton Worldwide, Danny Hughes, said:
"Doubletree by Hilton, Merida is another fine example of our efforts to expand the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands throughout Mexico and Latin America. This agreement comes on the heels of the recent opening of Hilton Mexico City Reforma - the first managed Hilton property in the city centre. Now, we announce another great milestone for Hilton Worldwide as we bring the Doubletree by Hilton brand to this exciting country, and are pleased to being doing so with such reputable hospitality professionals."
Construction of the new hotel is due to start in March 2011 and will feature 100 rooms and suites for tourists and business travellers on holidays in Mexico and Cancun; 3000 square feet of meeting space; a swimming pool; a fitness centre; and a lobby bar.
Global Head for Doubletree by Hilton hotels, Rob Palleschi, said:
"This latest Doubletree by Hilton development in Merida, Mexico represents another positive step in our brand's growth in Latin America and the Caribbean, joining Doubletree by Hilton hotels and resorts now open in Peru, Costa Rica and Puerto Rico. With further development plans confirmed in Mexico and Panama, along with 225 additional hotels welcoming guests in locations across the globe, the potential benefits for owners and developers of current and new-build hotels to become affiliated with Hilton Worldwide and the Doubletree by Hilton brand have never been greater."
Hilton Worldwide has a collection of 22 Mexico and Cancun hotels and resorts across the region including the newly opened Hilton Mexico City Reforma.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...