Urban Dance Festival Coming to Cuba holidays
From 7-10 April the streets of Havana will be bursting with an explosion of colours and beautifully coreographed dance moves as part of the "City Movement 2010" which will be the 15th International Old Havana Urban Dance Gathering.
For dance-tastic Cuba holidays the 15th International Old Havana Urban Dance Gathering has been recently announced by sponsors of the Danza Teatro Retazos and the Havana City Historian’s Office to take place between 7 – 10 April, 2010.
City in Movement 2010 has a rich tradition of providing a unique setting for performance artists from around the world who come to interact and exchange ideas with other artists and Havana residents in a beautiful explosion of colour, languages and cultures. If dancing is your thing than you cannot miss the opportunity to book Cuba holidays now, during this festive season! It will be the ideal time to share and mingle with the locals and learn a few steps and moves while you do!
Old Havana, the first port in the Americas, a refuge for corsairs and pirates in the past, now opens its doors to this unique event, providing remarkable urban settings for amazing choreographies. Architecture and movement, history and imagination all unite in easily accessible, formative and stimulating presentations to stir up the daily routine in the community. Even if you don’t plan to participate and dance along, it still is an unmissable experience to witness during Cuba holidays. No other dance festival exudes such levels of spontaneity and genuine Cuban flavour on street dancing.
For curious travellers on Cuba holidays at the time, the festival will also feature expositions, conferences, and street bands in the morning. In the afternoons there will be classes, shows and workshops for the participation of all, young and all. So if you ever thought about trying your hand at some hot salsa moves now it’s the time to book Cuba holidays and do it! The evenings will be dedicated to the larger-scale productions.
Danza Teatro Retazos is a modern dance company based in Old Havana, founded in January 1987, under the direction of teacher and choreographer Isabel Bustos Romoleroux. By usung natural and everyday gestures, Bustos has created a lyrical and intimate language that seeks to reflect the different contradictions of its time. Retrazos orient their choreography towards a unique scenic projection ant their works represent a strong chronicle of Latin-American spirituality in a reflexive, unpredictable, legitimate and particularly energetic dancing.
City in Movement was first held in 1996 to celebrate the beautiful historic part of the city along with dance. Since 1999, it has formed part of the International Cities that Dance in Urban Settings Circuit, created in Barcelona in 1992.
Danza Teatro Retazos and the Havana City Historian’s Office have opened up the festival to dancers and dance troupes around the world. Those interested in participating in the event must present their work before March 15, 2010. The choreography must be under 15 minutes and should be presented by DVD along with a brief synopsis and CV of the artist or company. And for all those without dancing qualifications, there are no credential required to still enjoy this explosion of colours and electrifying dance move across Cuba streets during fabulous and memorable Cuba holidays!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...