Urban Dance Festival Coming to Cuba holidays
From 7-10 April the streets of Havana will be bursting with an explosion of colours and beautifully coreographed dance moves as part of the "City Movement 2010" which will be the 15th International Old Havana Urban Dance Gathering.
For dance-tastic Cuba holidays the 15th International Old Havana Urban Dance Gathering has been recently announced by sponsors of the Danza Teatro Retazos and the Havana City Historian’s Office to take place between 7 – 10 April, 2010.
City in Movement 2010 has a rich tradition of providing a unique setting for performance artists from around the world who come to interact and exchange ideas with other artists and Havana residents in a beautiful explosion of colour, languages and cultures. If dancing is your thing than you cannot miss the opportunity to book Cuba holidays now, during this festive season! It will be the ideal time to share and mingle with the locals and learn a few steps and moves while you do!
Old Havana, the first port in the Americas, a refuge for corsairs and pirates in the past, now opens its doors to this unique event, providing remarkable urban settings for amazing choreographies. Architecture and movement, history and imagination all unite in easily accessible, formative and stimulating presentations to stir up the daily routine in the community. Even if you don’t plan to participate and dance along, it still is an unmissable experience to witness during Cuba holidays. No other dance festival exudes such levels of spontaneity and genuine Cuban flavour on street dancing.
For curious travellers on Cuba holidays at the time, the festival will also feature expositions, conferences, and street bands in the morning. In the afternoons there will be classes, shows and workshops for the participation of all, young and all. So if you ever thought about trying your hand at some hot salsa moves now it’s the time to book Cuba holidays and do it! The evenings will be dedicated to the larger-scale productions.
Danza Teatro Retazos is a modern dance company based in Old Havana, founded in January 1987, under the direction of teacher and choreographer Isabel Bustos Romoleroux. By usung natural and everyday gestures, Bustos has created a lyrical and intimate language that seeks to reflect the different contradictions of its time. Retrazos orient their choreography towards a unique scenic projection ant their works represent a strong chronicle of Latin-American spirituality in a reflexive, unpredictable, legitimate and particularly energetic dancing.
City in Movement was first held in 1996 to celebrate the beautiful historic part of the city along with dance. Since 1999, it has formed part of the International Cities that Dance in Urban Settings Circuit, created in Barcelona in 1992.
Danza Teatro Retazos and the Havana City Historian’s Office have opened up the festival to dancers and dance troupes around the world. Those interested in participating in the event must present their work before March 15, 2010. The choreography must be under 15 minutes and should be presented by DVD along with a brief synopsis and CV of the artist or company. And for all those without dancing qualifications, there are no credential required to still enjoy this explosion of colours and electrifying dance move across Cuba streets during fabulous and memorable Cuba holidays!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...