Urban Dance Festival Coming to Cuba holidays
From 7-10 April the streets of Havana will be bursting with an explosion of colours and beautifully coreographed dance moves as part of the "City Movement 2010" which will be the 15th International Old Havana Urban Dance Gathering.
For dance-tastic Cuba holidays the 15th International Old Havana Urban Dance Gathering has been recently announced by sponsors of the Danza Teatro Retazos and the Havana City Historian’s Office to take place between 7 – 10 April, 2010.
City in Movement 2010 has a rich tradition of providing a unique setting for performance artists from around the world who come to interact and exchange ideas with other artists and Havana residents in a beautiful explosion of colour, languages and cultures. If dancing is your thing than you cannot miss the opportunity to book Cuba holidays now, during this festive season! It will be the ideal time to share and mingle with the locals and learn a few steps and moves while you do!
Old Havana, the first port in the Americas, a refuge for corsairs and pirates in the past, now opens its doors to this unique event, providing remarkable urban settings for amazing choreographies. Architecture and movement, history and imagination all unite in easily accessible, formative and stimulating presentations to stir up the daily routine in the community. Even if you don’t plan to participate and dance along, it still is an unmissable experience to witness during Cuba holidays. No other dance festival exudes such levels of spontaneity and genuine Cuban flavour on street dancing.
For curious travellers on Cuba holidays at the time, the festival will also feature expositions, conferences, and street bands in the morning. In the afternoons there will be classes, shows and workshops for the participation of all, young and all. So if you ever thought about trying your hand at some hot salsa moves now it’s the time to book Cuba holidays and do it! The evenings will be dedicated to the larger-scale productions.
Danza Teatro Retazos is a modern dance company based in Old Havana, founded in January 1987, under the direction of teacher and choreographer Isabel Bustos Romoleroux. By usung natural and everyday gestures, Bustos has created a lyrical and intimate language that seeks to reflect the different contradictions of its time. Retrazos orient their choreography towards a unique scenic projection ant their works represent a strong chronicle of Latin-American spirituality in a reflexive, unpredictable, legitimate and particularly energetic dancing.
City in Movement was first held in 1996 to celebrate the beautiful historic part of the city along with dance. Since 1999, it has formed part of the International Cities that Dance in Urban Settings Circuit, created in Barcelona in 1992.
Danza Teatro Retazos and the Havana City Historian’s Office have opened up the festival to dancers and dance troupes around the world. Those interested in participating in the event must present their work before March 15, 2010. The choreography must be under 15 minutes and should be presented by DVD along with a brief synopsis and CV of the artist or company. And for all those without dancing qualifications, there are no credential required to still enjoy this explosion of colours and electrifying dance move across Cuba streets during fabulous and memorable Cuba holidays!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Oct
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...