Plaques awarded to east zone hotels by Association of Hotels and Tourism Projects
Hoteliers and officials involved in the Punta Cana-Bavaro tourism development have been awarded plaques by the Association of Hotels and Tourism Projects in recognition of their contributions toward attracting more travellers to take Punta Cana holidays.
The plaques were awarded during the annual dinner which was also used to raise funds for the Nazaret School in Hoyo de Friusa in Bavaro. In a speech at the dinner, the Association's president, Ernesto Veloz, praised the Puntancana Group's 40th anniversary who acted as pioneers of the region's development. He also praised the Tourism Minister, Francisco Javier Garcia for his achievements in helping Punta Cana-Bavoro become a tourism destination in 2009.
Situated in the eastern province of the Dominican Republic in the La Altagracia district, Punta Cana, has been a popular tourist destination since the 1970's and is famously known for its stunning beaches which face both the Atlantic and Caribbean Ocean.
Most of the Punta Can hotels are owned by Spanish chains whilst many of the others are run and owned by European companies. The all inclusive hotels provide luxury and a range of facilities for travellers on their Punta Cana holidays. The architecture of many of the hotel buildings and resorts is evidently influenced by cultures of the Spanish, Mexican, and the native Dominicans.
The East Zones Hotels and Tourism Projects Association award of "Hotelier of the Year" went to Ignacio Subias for Manatee Park.
Other plaque winners recognised for their efforts included Tourism vice minister Virgilio Cedano, and producer of the program "Turismo, Si Gracias", Alfonso Dicenta.
The East Zone Hotels and Tourism Projects Association was founded in 1992, and has 48 members with establishments in the travel and tourism industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Punta Cana Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
For excitement that leaves you breathless, escape to this romantic adults-only resort offering you a world of fun activities and endless possibilities.
- Enjoy fantastic savings, $200 resort credit per room per stay to spend in the spa, upgraded wine list and on a romantic dinner
- Spoil your palate for choice with 11 gourmet dining options and unlimited premium drinks
- Enjoy your birthday in style with the Breathless Birthday Bash Package, Call for more details
- Enjoy a fun and carefree adults-only resort with non-stop action, parties, shows and activities
Unveil a secret made just for two in a luxurious Dominican enclave
- Each room offers comfortable bedding, daily refreshed mini bar, a terrace or balcony with exterior Jacuzzi, flat screen TV and so much more
- Take advantage of the Dine-Around option available at the hotel's sister property Now Larimar Punta Cana
- Set beside a perfect palm fringed beach, on the east coast of the Dominican Republic
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Venture to the dreamy east coast of the Dominican Republic for eight days of unlimited sun and sand. Punta Cana, the...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Sunscape Bavaro Beach Punta Cana will be located on the east coast of the Dominican Republic, in the centre of the...