Air France to launch Superjumbo flights to Dubai and Johannesburg
Air France are launching a series of new flight routes over the next few months from Paris to New York, Dubai, and Johannesburg using their brand new A380 aircraft, nicknamed the "Superjumbo", with the capacity to potentially seat 840 passengers.
Travellers looking to take Dubai luxury holidays with Air France will soon be able to travel onboard the brand new A380 aircraft as the airline switches from the former Boeing 777-300ER planes.
The superjumbo was launched earlier this month by Air France taking passengers from Paris to New York JFK on its first official commercial flight and plans are already underway to use the brand new airbus for flights to Dubai and Johannesburg.
With the number of business passengers travelling to Dubai on the increase and projects which were once on hold, including the expansion of Dubai hotels and resorts, now back under development, the demand for flights to Dubai is set to rise over the next few months and well into 2010.
The new A380 airbus will take passengers on their business flights and Dubai luxury holidays to the Middle East city on a daily basis from 18 January 2010. Despite the number of flights to Dubai changing from twice a day to just once a day, the capacity will remain the same because of the new larger aircraft available.
In March 2010, plans are in place for the launch of the third A380 which will be used to take passengers to Johannesburg from Paris on a daily basis.
Despite recent reports that Dubai is still suffering the effects of the global recession, the region's marketplace for business is continuing to grow and the launch of the new A380 aircraft will help contribute to the struggling economy, bringing travellers from all across the world to the bustling Middle Eastern business-led city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- free Half Board
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...