Jamaica invests in series of developments within tourism sector
Jamaica looks to invest in a series of new developments throughout the region in a bid to secure its position in the travel and tourism market and with the aim to successfully attract more travellers to the Caribbean tourist hotspot.
Jamaica is currently developing its entertainment, attractions and travel sectors in a bid to hold its place in the competitive travel marketplace.
Jamaica holidays are on the rise as the consumer spending recovers after the global recession and the Caribbean region is keen to withstand its position as a top tourist destination.
Montego Bay Convention Centre is currently under development with plans to open in January 2011. The aim of this centre is to provide a range of facilities including rooms to hold conference and business events and functions space of up to 20,000 square feet, perfect for couples looking to plan weddings in Jamaica.
Travellers taking Jamaica holidays by cruise will have a new cruise port to look forward to with facilities to handle two 5,400-passengers ships at the same time. The new port, named Falmouth Port, will be themed on Georgian architecture.
Airports are also in the process of being expanded and improved with new baggage handling facilities, expanded aircraft parking stands, extended cargo and maintenance taxiways and upgrades of existing buildings. The work is expected to be completed by 2012.
Earlier this year a new domestic airline was introduced to travellers taking holidays in Jamaica. Skylan Airways is a Jamaican owned airline with a 19-seater aircraft taking passengers between Kingston to Montego Bay on a number of scheduled and charter flights.
Many Jamaica hotels are under development providing visitors on Jamaica holidays with a range of accommodation to suit all budgets. Enchanted Gardens in St Ann and Mystic Mountains are just a couple of the new attractions available to visitors to Jamaica and provide a range of activities from bird watching, hiking, and adventurous rides on the Tranopy zip-line and the 700-feet high, Sky Explorer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...