Jamaica invests in series of developments within tourism sector
Jamaica looks to invest in a series of new developments throughout the region in a bid to secure its position in the travel and tourism market and with the aim to successfully attract more travellers to the Caribbean tourist hotspot.
Jamaica is currently developing its entertainment, attractions and travel sectors in a bid to hold its place in the competitive travel marketplace.
Jamaica holidays are on the rise as the consumer spending recovers after the global recession and the Caribbean region is keen to withstand its position as a top tourist destination.
Montego Bay Convention Centre is currently under development with plans to open in January 2011. The aim of this centre is to provide a range of facilities including rooms to hold conference and business events and functions space of up to 20,000 square feet, perfect for couples looking to plan weddings in Jamaica.
Travellers taking Jamaica holidays by cruise will have a new cruise port to look forward to with facilities to handle two 5,400-passengers ships at the same time. The new port, named Falmouth Port, will be themed on Georgian architecture.
Airports are also in the process of being expanded and improved with new baggage handling facilities, expanded aircraft parking stands, extended cargo and maintenance taxiways and upgrades of existing buildings. The work is expected to be completed by 2012.
Earlier this year a new domestic airline was introduced to travellers taking holidays in Jamaica. Skylan Airways is a Jamaican owned airline with a 19-seater aircraft taking passengers between Kingston to Montego Bay on a number of scheduled and charter flights.
Many Jamaica hotels are under development providing visitors on Jamaica holidays with a range of accommodation to suit all budgets. Enchanted Gardens in St Ann and Mystic Mountains are just a couple of the new attractions available to visitors to Jamaica and provide a range of activities from bird watching, hiking, and adventurous rides on the Tranopy zip-line and the 700-feet high, Sky Explorer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited All Inclusive
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...