Jamaica invests in series of developments within tourism sector
Jamaica looks to invest in a series of new developments throughout the region in a bid to secure its position in the travel and tourism market and with the aim to successfully attract more travellers to the Caribbean tourist hotspot.
Jamaica is currently developing its entertainment, attractions and travel sectors in a bid to hold its place in the competitive travel marketplace.
Jamaica holidays are on the rise as the consumer spending recovers after the global recession and the Caribbean region is keen to withstand its position as a top tourist destination.
Montego Bay Convention Centre is currently under development with plans to open in January 2011. The aim of this centre is to provide a range of facilities including rooms to hold conference and business events and functions space of up to 20,000 square feet, perfect for couples looking to plan weddings in Jamaica.
Travellers taking Jamaica holidays by cruise will have a new cruise port to look forward to with facilities to handle two 5,400-passengers ships at the same time. The new port, named Falmouth Port, will be themed on Georgian architecture.
Airports are also in the process of being expanded and improved with new baggage handling facilities, expanded aircraft parking stands, extended cargo and maintenance taxiways and upgrades of existing buildings. The work is expected to be completed by 2012.
Earlier this year a new domestic airline was introduced to travellers taking holidays in Jamaica. Skylan Airways is a Jamaican owned airline with a 19-seater aircraft taking passengers between Kingston to Montego Bay on a number of scheduled and charter flights.
Many Jamaica hotels are under development providing visitors on Jamaica holidays with a range of accommodation to suit all budgets. Enchanted Gardens in St Ann and Mystic Mountains are just a couple of the new attractions available to visitors to Jamaica and provide a range of activities from bird watching, hiking, and adventurous rides on the Tranopy zip-line and the 700-feet high, Sky Explorer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....