Jamaica invests in series of developments within tourism sector
Jamaica looks to invest in a series of new developments throughout the region in a bid to secure its position in the travel and tourism market and with the aim to successfully attract more travellers to the Caribbean tourist hotspot.
Jamaica is currently developing its entertainment, attractions and travel sectors in a bid to hold its place in the competitive travel marketplace.
Jamaica holidays are on the rise as the consumer spending recovers after the global recession and the Caribbean region is keen to withstand its position as a top tourist destination.
Montego Bay Convention Centre is currently under development with plans to open in January 2011. The aim of this centre is to provide a range of facilities including rooms to hold conference and business events and functions space of up to 20,000 square feet, perfect for couples looking to plan weddings in Jamaica.
Travellers taking Jamaica holidays by cruise will have a new cruise port to look forward to with facilities to handle two 5,400-passengers ships at the same time. The new port, named Falmouth Port, will be themed on Georgian architecture.
Airports are also in the process of being expanded and improved with new baggage handling facilities, expanded aircraft parking stands, extended cargo and maintenance taxiways and upgrades of existing buildings. The work is expected to be completed by 2012.
Earlier this year a new domestic airline was introduced to travellers taking holidays in Jamaica. Skylan Airways is a Jamaican owned airline with a 19-seater aircraft taking passengers between Kingston to Montego Bay on a number of scheduled and charter flights.
Many Jamaica hotels are under development providing visitors on Jamaica holidays with a range of accommodation to suit all budgets. Enchanted Gardens in St Ann and Mystic Mountains are just a couple of the new attractions available to visitors to Jamaica and provide a range of activities from bird watching, hiking, and adventurous rides on the Tranopy zip-line and the 700-feet high, Sky Explorer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...