Jamaica invests in series of developments within tourism sector
Jamaica looks to invest in a series of new developments throughout the region in a bid to secure its position in the travel and tourism market and with the aim to successfully attract more travellers to the Caribbean tourist hotspot.
Jamaica is currently developing its entertainment, attractions and travel sectors in a bid to hold its place in the competitive travel marketplace.
Jamaica holidays are on the rise as the consumer spending recovers after the global recession and the Caribbean region is keen to withstand its position as a top tourist destination.
Montego Bay Convention Centre is currently under development with plans to open in January 2011. The aim of this centre is to provide a range of facilities including rooms to hold conference and business events and functions space of up to 20,000 square feet, perfect for couples looking to plan weddings in Jamaica.
Travellers taking Jamaica holidays by cruise will have a new cruise port to look forward to with facilities to handle two 5,400-passengers ships at the same time. The new port, named Falmouth Port, will be themed on Georgian architecture.
Airports are also in the process of being expanded and improved with new baggage handling facilities, expanded aircraft parking stands, extended cargo and maintenance taxiways and upgrades of existing buildings. The work is expected to be completed by 2012.
Earlier this year a new domestic airline was introduced to travellers taking holidays in Jamaica. Skylan Airways is a Jamaican owned airline with a 19-seater aircraft taking passengers between Kingston to Montego Bay on a number of scheduled and charter flights.
Many Jamaica hotels are under development providing visitors on Jamaica holidays with a range of accommodation to suit all budgets. Enchanted Gardens in St Ann and Mystic Mountains are just a couple of the new attractions available to visitors to Jamaica and provide a range of activities from bird watching, hiking, and adventurous rides on the Tranopy zip-line and the 700-feet high, Sky Explorer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy a blissful escape to this amazing five star hotel offering endless privileges steps from the Caribbean Sea
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Stay at the unique beach front Zoetry Montego Bay with Endless Privileges
- If you wish to get out and about from the resort then there is a complimentary shuttle to the Rose Hall shopping Arcade
- All Suites include dedicated butler service. This personalized service is at no extra cost
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...