Sri Lanka hotels receive series of World Travel Awards
The prestigious World Travel Awards 2009 ceremony took place at the Grosvenor House hotel this month recognising a series of top Sri Lanka hotels and their contribution towards providing travellers with high quality Sri Lanka holidays.
Sri Lanka hotels were amongst the hundreds of winners of the World Travel Awards 2009, receiving recognition and honouring their success in providing excellent standards for travellers on Sri Lanka holidays.
The awards ceremony took place at the Grosvenor House hotel this month with 3000 nominees to choose from within 200 different categories.
The prestigious awards were given to the Taj Sumudra Colombo as Sri Lanka's leading hotel; Taj Exotica as Sri Lanka's leading resort; the Lighthouse Hotel & Spa as Sri Lanka's leading boutique hotel; the Hilton Colombo as Sri Lanka's leading business hotel, and Jetwing group's Ayurveda Pavilions, located north of Colombo, as Sri Lanka's top spa resort.
The Adaaran Prestige Resorts were also awarded for their efforts in providing travellers with luxury Indian Ocean holidays and were named as the Indian Ocean's Leading Water Villa Group.
The Adaaran Prestige Water Villas in the Maldives went on to receive the Leading Water Villas among the Indian Ocean award. The Adaaran Resorts manage seven properties in the Maldives and are part of the Aitken Spence corporation who are based in Colombo.
As well as awarding top hotels and resorts who provide accommodation for travellers on Sri Lanka holidays, the World Traveller Awards recognised travel companies, airlines, operators, and hotels and resorts across the world in regional sections, including Australasia, South America, the Indian Ocean, and Asia.
Graham Cooke, President of World Travel Awards, said:
"This year's winners can display the official World Travel Awards symbol with pride on their sales and marketing literature, offering travellers a cast-iron assurance that what they are buying is a guarantee of travel excellence."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....