Hilton Launches 7 different Apps for Iphone Users Worldwide
Hilton announced today the launch of innovative newly developed Iphone apps to be rolled out onto 7 of their worldwide brands, with each app being unique and specific to the Hilton sub-brand the hotel belongs to.
Famous for its wide offering of luxury holidays and hotels worldwide with its 7 distinct sub-brands, the gang Hilton hotel group has been busy developing a set of 7 new Iphone applications for each of its individual hotel brands around the world in order to give guests more freedom to interact, book their rooms and manually handpick details such as room type, bed, request, etc.
The apps will be brand-specific, i.e. Doubletree will have its own app, Conrad Hotels will have its own app and so will Embassy Suites. It's an app-travaganza! (Word is that an app for the Waldorf-Astoria collection is in the works as well.)
But the new Hilton apps will offer far more options than just booking rooms, as a few of them depending on the hotel, will feature a "Request Upon Arrival" function that will allow guests to order things to their room before they even get there, like room service. Guests will even be able to check-in up to 48 hours before their arrival and can request a specific bed type. The apps will also let you find GPS directions to the hotel after you've landed in the city, check your HHonors loyalty points and the standard iPhone hotel app functions of book/change/cancel your reservations.
"You can go on (the app) as you book your room and say I'd like to have a hamburger, coke and fries or a down pillow waiting for me," said Chuck Sullivan , who recently joined Hilton as its Senior Vice-President of Global Online Services.
Hilton won’t be the first hotel chain to launch an app but it does hope to distinguish itself with individual apps for each chain and special functions according to each brand’s values unique characteristics. The 7 apps are interconnected, which means that a customer who uses a Hilton app can book a room at a mid-priced Embassy Suites or at a luxury Conrad hotel. The apps also give Hilton HHonors members full access to their account information.
So why is Hilton bothering with rolling out at least seven different apps?
"Even though the usability today is exactly the same for all the brands, we are building them so that as we go forward they can allow for nuanced differences that highlight the unique charatactistics of each brand," Sullivan explained.
The apps will be available for free download on iTunes in quick succession starting in about a week or two, pending Apple's approval. Hilton already submitted the Hilton and Doubletree apps, so they should be the first to appear, according to Sullivan. They plan to submit the others to Apple within the next two weeks. Hilton expects Apple's approval process will take about two weeks, although exact timing can't be guaranteed.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...