Hilton Launches 7 different Apps for Iphone Users Worldwide
Hilton announced today the launch of innovative newly developed Iphone apps to be rolled out onto 7 of their worldwide brands, with each app being unique and specific to the Hilton sub-brand the hotel belongs to.
Famous for its wide offering of luxury holidays and hotels worldwide with its 7 distinct sub-brands, the gang Hilton hotel group has been busy developing a set of 7 new Iphone applications for each of its individual hotel brands around the world in order to give guests more freedom to interact, book their rooms and manually handpick details such as room type, bed, request, etc.
The apps will be brand-specific, i.e. Doubletree will have its own app, Conrad Hotels will have its own app and so will Embassy Suites. It's an app-travaganza! (Word is that an app for the Waldorf-Astoria collection is in the works as well.)
But the new Hilton apps will offer far more options than just booking rooms, as a few of them depending on the hotel, will feature a "Request Upon Arrival" function that will allow guests to order things to their room before they even get there, like room service. Guests will even be able to check-in up to 48 hours before their arrival and can request a specific bed type. The apps will also let you find GPS directions to the hotel after you've landed in the city, check your HHonors loyalty points and the standard iPhone hotel app functions of book/change/cancel your reservations.
"You can go on (the app) as you book your room and say I'd like to have a hamburger, coke and fries or a down pillow waiting for me," said Chuck Sullivan , who recently joined Hilton as its Senior Vice-President of Global Online Services.
Hilton won’t be the first hotel chain to launch an app but it does hope to distinguish itself with individual apps for each chain and special functions according to each brand’s values unique characteristics. The 7 apps are interconnected, which means that a customer who uses a Hilton app can book a room at a mid-priced Embassy Suites or at a luxury Conrad hotel. The apps also give Hilton HHonors members full access to their account information.
So why is Hilton bothering with rolling out at least seven different apps?
"Even though the usability today is exactly the same for all the brands, we are building them so that as we go forward they can allow for nuanced differences that highlight the unique charatactistics of each brand," Sullivan explained.
The apps will be available for free download on iTunes in quick succession starting in about a week or two, pending Apple's approval. Hilton already submitted the Hilton and Doubletree apps, so they should be the first to appear, according to Sullivan. They plan to submit the others to Apple within the next two weeks. Hilton expects Apple's approval process will take about two weeks, although exact timing can't be guaranteed.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with exclusive savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...