Hilton Launches 7 different Apps for Iphone Users Worldwide
Hilton announced today the launch of innovative newly developed Iphone apps to be rolled out onto 7 of their worldwide brands, with each app being unique and specific to the Hilton sub-brand the hotel belongs to.
Famous for its wide offering of luxury holidays and hotels worldwide with its 7 distinct sub-brands, the gang Hilton hotel group has been busy developing a set of 7 new Iphone applications for each of its individual hotel brands around the world in order to give guests more freedom to interact, book their rooms and manually handpick details such as room type, bed, request, etc.
The apps will be brand-specific, i.e. Doubletree will have its own app, Conrad Hotels will have its own app and so will Embassy Suites. It's an app-travaganza! (Word is that an app for the Waldorf-Astoria collection is in the works as well.)
But the new Hilton apps will offer far more options than just booking rooms, as a few of them depending on the hotel, will feature a "Request Upon Arrival" function that will allow guests to order things to their room before they even get there, like room service. Guests will even be able to check-in up to 48 hours before their arrival and can request a specific bed type. The apps will also let you find GPS directions to the hotel after you've landed in the city, check your HHonors loyalty points and the standard iPhone hotel app functions of book/change/cancel your reservations.
"You can go on (the app) as you book your room and say I'd like to have a hamburger, coke and fries or a down pillow waiting for me," said Chuck Sullivan , who recently joined Hilton as its Senior Vice-President of Global Online Services.
Hilton won’t be the first hotel chain to launch an app but it does hope to distinguish itself with individual apps for each chain and special functions according to each brand’s values unique characteristics. The 7 apps are interconnected, which means that a customer who uses a Hilton app can book a room at a mid-priced Embassy Suites or at a luxury Conrad hotel. The apps also give Hilton HHonors members full access to their account information.
So why is Hilton bothering with rolling out at least seven different apps?
"Even though the usability today is exactly the same for all the brands, we are building them so that as we go forward they can allow for nuanced differences that highlight the unique charatactistics of each brand," Sullivan explained.
The apps will be available for free download on iTunes in quick succession starting in about a week or two, pending Apple's approval. Hilton already submitted the Hilton and Doubletree apps, so they should be the first to appear, according to Sullivan. They plan to submit the others to Apple within the next two weeks. Hilton expects Apple's approval process will take about two weeks, although exact timing can't be guaranteed.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...