Qatar Airways Starts Servicing Goa holidays
Continuing its expansion plans across India, Qatar Airways is now launching its second route in the country by servicing the idyllic beach Goa holidays destination with a new direct flight from Doha to start flying within 2 weeks.
Continuing its India expansion plans, Qatar Airways is now ready to announce the full launch of its second route in the country with their new direct Goa flights departing from Doha and set to begin flying within 2 weeks.
Now catering to India’s most idyllic beach holiday destination of Goa, the new non-stop route will be offering excellent connections for passengers taking Goa holidays. The new non-stop Doha – Goa route capitalises on the start of the winter holidays season with the Goa holiday destination being particularly popular with holidaymakers from across Europe, from where Qatar Airways already has excellent connecting flights.
Qatar Airways will be the first full-service long-haul scheduled international airline to take worldwide passengers to Goa holidays. For these new Goa flights Qatar’s national carrier will be using an Airbus A320 in a two-class configuration of 12 seats in Business and 132 seats in Economy on the route.
Speaking at a press conference in the Goan capital of Panaji, Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker said: “Qatar Airways is delighted to have extended its reach in this wonderful country of India with the arrival of our first flight to Goa.
“With a huge Goan community living and working in the Gulf, our new route has been long awaited and will help facilitate travel for expatriates between our two regions and beyond. Furthermore, being the start of the winter holiday season, Goa will see a huge influx of holidaymakers from across the world, especially Europe.
“European holidaymakers have traditionally flown with seasonal charter operators to Goa, but with our new scheduled service, we are offering a unique year-round alternative, our award-winning levels of hospitality across our Economy and premium cabins.
“Goa is a route we have total commitment to – it’s new, it’s different and it’s desirable by holidaymakers and the Goan community, both at home and overseas.”
Al Baker later added: “Following the successful launch of our flights to Amritsar earlier this month, I am extremely confident Goa will be just as successful and further strengthen our position in the Indian market where we now operate to 10 cities non-stop from our Doha hub.”
Together with the launch of services to the northern Indian city of Amritsar two weeks ago, the new Goa route takes Qatar Airways’ capacity across the country to 64 flights a week spread across 10 cities. The airline now operates daily non-stop services from Doha to top India holidays destinations in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Trivandrum, Cochin and Kozhikode, together with four-flights-a-week to both Amritsar and Goa.
Passengers going on Goa holidays and flying with Qatar Airways from Europe, North America, Africa and the Middle East will enjoy excellent connections for the late evening departures from Doha to Goa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...