Qatar Airways Starts Servicing Goa holidays
Continuing its expansion plans across India, Qatar Airways is now launching its second route in the country by servicing the idyllic beach Goa holidays destination with a new direct flight from Doha to start flying within 2 weeks.
Continuing its India expansion plans, Qatar Airways is now ready to announce the full launch of its second route in the country with their new direct Goa flights departing from Doha and set to begin flying within 2 weeks.
Now catering to India’s most idyllic beach holiday destination of Goa, the new non-stop route will be offering excellent connections for passengers taking Goa holidays. The new non-stop Doha – Goa route capitalises on the start of the winter holidays season with the Goa holiday destination being particularly popular with holidaymakers from across Europe, from where Qatar Airways already has excellent connecting flights.
Qatar Airways will be the first full-service long-haul scheduled international airline to take worldwide passengers to Goa holidays. For these new Goa flights Qatar’s national carrier will be using an Airbus A320 in a two-class configuration of 12 seats in Business and 132 seats in Economy on the route.
Speaking at a press conference in the Goan capital of Panaji, Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker said: “Qatar Airways is delighted to have extended its reach in this wonderful country of India with the arrival of our first flight to Goa.
“With a huge Goan community living and working in the Gulf, our new route has been long awaited and will help facilitate travel for expatriates between our two regions and beyond. Furthermore, being the start of the winter holiday season, Goa will see a huge influx of holidaymakers from across the world, especially Europe.
“European holidaymakers have traditionally flown with seasonal charter operators to Goa, but with our new scheduled service, we are offering a unique year-round alternative, our award-winning levels of hospitality across our Economy and premium cabins.
“Goa is a route we have total commitment to – it’s new, it’s different and it’s desirable by holidaymakers and the Goan community, both at home and overseas.”
Al Baker later added: “Following the successful launch of our flights to Amritsar earlier this month, I am extremely confident Goa will be just as successful and further strengthen our position in the Indian market where we now operate to 10 cities non-stop from our Doha hub.”
Together with the launch of services to the northern Indian city of Amritsar two weeks ago, the new Goa route takes Qatar Airways’ capacity across the country to 64 flights a week spread across 10 cities. The airline now operates daily non-stop services from Doha to top India holidays destinations in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Trivandrum, Cochin and Kozhikode, together with four-flights-a-week to both Amritsar and Goa.
Passengers going on Goa holidays and flying with Qatar Airways from Europe, North America, Africa and the Middle East will enjoy excellent connections for the late evening departures from Doha to Goa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...