Qatar Airways Starts Servicing Goa holidays
Continuing its expansion plans across India, Qatar Airways is now launching its second route in the country by servicing the idyllic beach Goa holidays destination with a new direct flight from Doha to start flying within 2 weeks.
Continuing its India expansion plans, Qatar Airways is now ready to announce the full launch of its second route in the country with their new direct Goa flights departing from Doha and set to begin flying within 2 weeks.
Now catering to India’s most idyllic beach holiday destination of Goa, the new non-stop route will be offering excellent connections for passengers taking Goa holidays. The new non-stop Doha – Goa route capitalises on the start of the winter holidays season with the Goa holiday destination being particularly popular with holidaymakers from across Europe, from where Qatar Airways already has excellent connecting flights.
Qatar Airways will be the first full-service long-haul scheduled international airline to take worldwide passengers to Goa holidays. For these new Goa flights Qatar’s national carrier will be using an Airbus A320 in a two-class configuration of 12 seats in Business and 132 seats in Economy on the route.
Speaking at a press conference in the Goan capital of Panaji, Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker said: “Qatar Airways is delighted to have extended its reach in this wonderful country of India with the arrival of our first flight to Goa.
“With a huge Goan community living and working in the Gulf, our new route has been long awaited and will help facilitate travel for expatriates between our two regions and beyond. Furthermore, being the start of the winter holiday season, Goa will see a huge influx of holidaymakers from across the world, especially Europe.
“European holidaymakers have traditionally flown with seasonal charter operators to Goa, but with our new scheduled service, we are offering a unique year-round alternative, our award-winning levels of hospitality across our Economy and premium cabins.
“Goa is a route we have total commitment to – it’s new, it’s different and it’s desirable by holidaymakers and the Goan community, both at home and overseas.”
Al Baker later added: “Following the successful launch of our flights to Amritsar earlier this month, I am extremely confident Goa will be just as successful and further strengthen our position in the Indian market where we now operate to 10 cities non-stop from our Doha hub.”
Together with the launch of services to the northern Indian city of Amritsar two weeks ago, the new Goa route takes Qatar Airways’ capacity across the country to 64 flights a week spread across 10 cities. The airline now operates daily non-stop services from Doha to top India holidays destinations in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Trivandrum, Cochin and Kozhikode, together with four-flights-a-week to both Amritsar and Goa.
Passengers going on Goa holidays and flying with Qatar Airways from Europe, North America, Africa and the Middle East will enjoy excellent connections for the late evening departures from Doha to Goa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...