Celebrate Halloween with 'Day of the Dead' Cocktails at Cancun hotel
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Cancun is giving guests a 2-day after-Halloween drink- tasting fest with special spooky cocktails as they join in the Mexican "Day of the Dead" Celebrations which take place on the 1st and 2nd November.
For a spooky novelty addition to your Cancun holidays, The Grand Velas Riviera Maya is the place to stay this Halloween season. Even when the official “Day of the Dead” Mexican celebrations don’t start until the 1st November, this Cancun hotel will be getting in the mood by offering a selection of “deadly” cocktails complimented by a lively, yet deadly atmosphere and décor throughout the resort.
The equivalent to American Halloween, the Mexican “Day of the Dead” celebrations run from the 1st to the 2nd November and it is precisely on these dates that The Grand Velas Riviera Maya will be celebrating with its lucky guests by offering them a unique, specially made selection of spooky cocktails.
The menu will be featuring rare monstrosities such as “The Cemetery” drink made with mix of Vodka, Kahlua, Coca Cola and “Bloody Champagne” accompanied by strawberry and raspberry juices and served with dry ice for a “spookier feel”.
For a merrily dark drinking experience on your Cancun holidays, The Grand Velas Valla Resorts will also be concocting special “red Devil” brew and the “zombie” drink, all blended with a selection of rums and juices. The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, the second of Velas Cancun hotels in the Riviera Maya, will also be serving "The Skull" drink with Campari, Cider, lemon-lime soda, minced apples and walnuts as well as "The Blue Death" with Blue Curacao liqueur and Vodka.
And to soak up all that drinking merriment and alcohol, these Grand Velas Puerto Vallarta and Cancun hotels will also be serving up traditional and unique “Day of the Dead” holiday treats such as ‘Atole Champurrado’, a hot beverage made of corn dough and chocolate as well as a selection of sweets for the delight of all guests, young and old. The Velas Cancun hotels will furthermore be providing festive “Day of the Dead” skull masks, accessories and decorations to get everyone into the deadly spirit of the festivities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...