Celebrate Halloween with 'Day of the Dead' Cocktails at Cancun hotel
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Cancun is giving guests a 2-day after-Halloween drink- tasting fest with special spooky cocktails as they join in the Mexican "Day of the Dead" Celebrations which take place on the 1st and 2nd November.
For a spooky novelty addition to your Cancun holidays, The Grand Velas Riviera Maya is the place to stay this Halloween season. Even when the official “Day of the Dead” Mexican celebrations don’t start until the 1st November, this Cancun hotel will be getting in the mood by offering a selection of “deadly” cocktails complimented by a lively, yet deadly atmosphere and décor throughout the resort.
The equivalent to American Halloween, the Mexican “Day of the Dead” celebrations run from the 1st to the 2nd November and it is precisely on these dates that The Grand Velas Riviera Maya will be celebrating with its lucky guests by offering them a unique, specially made selection of spooky cocktails.
The menu will be featuring rare monstrosities such as “The Cemetery” drink made with mix of Vodka, Kahlua, Coca Cola and “Bloody Champagne” accompanied by strawberry and raspberry juices and served with dry ice for a “spookier feel”.
For a merrily dark drinking experience on your Cancun holidays, The Grand Velas Valla Resorts will also be concocting special “red Devil” brew and the “zombie” drink, all blended with a selection of rums and juices. The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, the second of Velas Cancun hotels in the Riviera Maya, will also be serving "The Skull" drink with Campari, Cider, lemon-lime soda, minced apples and walnuts as well as "The Blue Death" with Blue Curacao liqueur and Vodka.
And to soak up all that drinking merriment and alcohol, these Grand Velas Puerto Vallarta and Cancun hotels will also be serving up traditional and unique “Day of the Dead” holiday treats such as ‘Atole Champurrado’, a hot beverage made of corn dough and chocolate as well as a selection of sweets for the delight of all guests, young and old. The Velas Cancun hotels will furthermore be providing festive “Day of the Dead” skull masks, accessories and decorations to get everyone into the deadly spirit of the festivities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Panama Jack Resorts Gran Caribe Cancun is a welcoming resort offering a touch of luxury with amazing service guaranteed
- Enjoy a great time in the Swimming Pools which include an Activity Pool, A Family Pool, Two Splash Pools with Slides and A Hot Tub
- Enjoy genuine authentic Mexican hospitality at the resort sure to make your holiday even more special and one that you will never forget
- Camp Jack is packed with cool activities and adventures like water sports, beach games, arts and crafts, and nightly shows. Mini Golf and Waterpark, complete with a pirate ship and medieval castle, allows the whole family to share some fun in the sun.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...