Celebrate Halloween with 'Day of the Dead' Cocktails at Cancun hotel
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Cancun is giving guests a 2-day after-Halloween drink- tasting fest with special spooky cocktails as they join in the Mexican "Day of the Dead" Celebrations which take place on the 1st and 2nd November.
For a spooky novelty addition to your Cancun holidays, The Grand Velas Riviera Maya is the place to stay this Halloween season. Even when the official “Day of the Dead” Mexican celebrations don’t start until the 1st November, this Cancun hotel will be getting in the mood by offering a selection of “deadly” cocktails complimented by a lively, yet deadly atmosphere and décor throughout the resort.
The equivalent to American Halloween, the Mexican “Day of the Dead” celebrations run from the 1st to the 2nd November and it is precisely on these dates that The Grand Velas Riviera Maya will be celebrating with its lucky guests by offering them a unique, specially made selection of spooky cocktails.
The menu will be featuring rare monstrosities such as “The Cemetery” drink made with mix of Vodka, Kahlua, Coca Cola and “Bloody Champagne” accompanied by strawberry and raspberry juices and served with dry ice for a “spookier feel”.
For a merrily dark drinking experience on your Cancun holidays, The Grand Velas Valla Resorts will also be concocting special “red Devil” brew and the “zombie” drink, all blended with a selection of rums and juices. The Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, the second of Velas Cancun hotels in the Riviera Maya, will also be serving "The Skull" drink with Campari, Cider, lemon-lime soda, minced apples and walnuts as well as "The Blue Death" with Blue Curacao liqueur and Vodka.
And to soak up all that drinking merriment and alcohol, these Grand Velas Puerto Vallarta and Cancun hotels will also be serving up traditional and unique “Day of the Dead” holiday treats such as ‘Atole Champurrado’, a hot beverage made of corn dough and chocolate as well as a selection of sweets for the delight of all guests, young and old. The Velas Cancun hotels will furthermore be providing festive “Day of the Dead” skull masks, accessories and decorations to get everyone into the deadly spirit of the festivities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...