Sol Melia Golf Cup 2009 kicks off at their Cuba hotels
Nearly a total of100 players from more than 10 countries will be battling it out at the Sol Melia Cuba Golf Cup set to kick start next Friday 23rd October 2009. The tournament will be held at the Melia Las Americas in the hotels Golf Club.
This year’s Sol Meliá Cuba Golf Club is set to kick-start next Friday, 23rd October 2009 on the grounds of one of the group’s most popular Cuba hotels in Varadero, the Melia Las Americas, which also happens to be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the inauguration of their 18-hole championship golf course.
Nearly a total of 100 participants from more than 10 countries will be participating in the competition, with most players coming from Canada, Colombia and Argentina while other nations such as Panama, Italy, Spain, France and the Dominican Republic also sending out contestants to represent their countries.
The game will be stroke play, and the ones to be awarded will be the best net femenines and masculine scores, as well as ‘the closest to the pin’ for each sex applying the Calloway system for both.
The Varadero Golf Club was designed by Les Furber, president of the Canadian company Golf Design Services LTD; managing to harmoniously combine the different styles: ‘classic’, ‘target golf’ and ‘links’ which includes the sea as another obstacle within the game.
One of the features that make this golf almost unique in the world and certainly the best for golf-playing during Cuba holidays, is the presence of various lakes that are interconnected to the sea, which means players get to enjoy a beautiful backdrop with amazing views that extend all the away to the ocean.
The dimensions of the course are 6269 metres between the First Tee and The Green 18, a total of 18 holes, Par 72 .
Next to the Varadero Golf Club visitors can find the, the only of Varadero hotels in the area to have direct access to the golf course, a privilege that together with the hightest standards of levels and special, has made of this the haven of Cuba hotels to enjoy the best golfing holidays in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...