Sol Melia Golf Cup 2009 kicks off at their Cuba hotels
Nearly a total of100 players from more than 10 countries will be battling it out at the Sol Melia Cuba Golf Cup set to kick start next Friday 23rd October 2009. The tournament will be held at the Melia Las Americas in the hotels Golf Club.
This year’s Sol Meliá Cuba Golf Club is set to kick-start next Friday, 23rd October 2009 on the grounds of one of the group’s most popular Cuba hotels in Varadero, the Melia Las Americas, which also happens to be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the inauguration of their 18-hole championship golf course.
Nearly a total of 100 participants from more than 10 countries will be participating in the competition, with most players coming from Canada, Colombia and Argentina while other nations such as Panama, Italy, Spain, France and the Dominican Republic also sending out contestants to represent their countries.
The game will be stroke play, and the ones to be awarded will be the best net femenines and masculine scores, as well as ‘the closest to the pin’ for each sex applying the Calloway system for both.
The Varadero Golf Club was designed by Les Furber, president of the Canadian company Golf Design Services LTD; managing to harmoniously combine the different styles: ‘classic’, ‘target golf’ and ‘links’ which includes the sea as another obstacle within the game.
One of the features that make this golf almost unique in the world and certainly the best for golf-playing during Cuba holidays, is the presence of various lakes that are interconnected to the sea, which means players get to enjoy a beautiful backdrop with amazing views that extend all the away to the ocean.
The dimensions of the course are 6269 metres between the First Tee and The Green 18, a total of 18 holes, Par 72 .
Next to the Varadero Golf Club visitors can find the, the only of Varadero hotels in the area to have direct access to the golf course, a privilege that together with the hightest standards of levels and special, has made of this the haven of Cuba hotels to enjoy the best golfing holidays in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...