Sol Melia Golf Cup 2009 kicks off at their Cuba hotels
Nearly a total of100 players from more than 10 countries will be battling it out at the Sol Melia Cuba Golf Cup set to kick start next Friday 23rd October 2009. The tournament will be held at the Melia Las Americas in the hotels Golf Club.
This year’s Sol Meliá Cuba Golf Club is set to kick-start next Friday, 23rd October 2009 on the grounds of one of the group’s most popular Cuba hotels in Varadero, the Melia Las Americas, which also happens to be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the inauguration of their 18-hole championship golf course.
Nearly a total of 100 participants from more than 10 countries will be participating in the competition, with most players coming from Canada, Colombia and Argentina while other nations such as Panama, Italy, Spain, France and the Dominican Republic also sending out contestants to represent their countries.
The game will be stroke play, and the ones to be awarded will be the best net femenines and masculine scores, as well as ‘the closest to the pin’ for each sex applying the Calloway system for both.
The Varadero Golf Club was designed by Les Furber, president of the Canadian company Golf Design Services LTD; managing to harmoniously combine the different styles: ‘classic’, ‘target golf’ and ‘links’ which includes the sea as another obstacle within the game.
One of the features that make this golf almost unique in the world and certainly the best for golf-playing during Cuba holidays, is the presence of various lakes that are interconnected to the sea, which means players get to enjoy a beautiful backdrop with amazing views that extend all the away to the ocean.
The dimensions of the course are 6269 metres between the First Tee and The Green 18, a total of 18 holes, Par 72 .
Next to the Varadero Golf Club visitors can find the, the only of Varadero hotels in the area to have direct access to the golf course, a privilege that together with the hightest standards of levels and special, has made of this the haven of Cuba hotels to enjoy the best golfing holidays in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...