Emirates affirms its "Best Middle East Airline" status with more awards
Emirates has added 3 new awards to their collection with the London and Hong Kong editions of the prestigious Business Traveller Awards 2009.Voted by readers of the magazine Emirates was named 'Best First Class' and 'Best Middle Eastern Airline'
The most acclaimed airline in the Middle East has reaffirmed its position as the best carrier of Middle East holidays as it picks up 3 more accolades at the London and Hong Kong editions of the distinguished Business Traveller Awards 2009.
The Dubai-based airline, famous for carrying passengers to popular Dubai holidays, Oman Holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and other Middle East holidays was voted winner of the ‘Best First Class’ and the ‘Best Middle Eastern Airline’ awards by readers of the monthly Business Traveller UK magazine. Such trophies were awarded at a glittering event marking the awarding ceremony in London.
Only a week later, Emirates was once again receiving praise as it earned yet another title as the ‘Best Middle East/African Airline’ in Hong Kong, winning the award from the Asia-Pacific edition of the Business Traveller magazine.
These awards came following other the industry gongs Emirates received at the Business Traveller Middle East Awards in May 2009, including the coveted ‘Best Airline’, ‘Best Regional Airline’ and ‘Best First Class’ titles.
Business Traveller has 10 editions worldwide and is read by corporate travellers, business travel managers and travel agents. The ‘Business Traveller Awards’ give away over 50 awards in the airline, hotel, airport and city categories which are voted for by readers of the magazine and the results are authenticated by an independent audit.
“We are thrilled to receive these ringing endorsements from Business Traveller Awards as these are widely recognised as the industry’s benchmark for excellence. For us, the awards clearly reflect a vote of confidence from corporate travellers and our customers, both in the UK and Asia-Pacific who acknowledge and appreciate our continuous drive to deliver high-quality service, even in these challenging times.” said Richard Vaughan, Divisional Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations Worldwide.
He went on to add: “We are particularly proud of our inflight service delivered by an international crew drawn from over 140 nationalities; menus designed by leading chefs and complemented by the finest wines; an award-winning inflight entertainment system; a modern and young aircraft fleet; and a rapidly-expanding network.”
Other awards and accolades won by Emirates this year include: ‘Best Inflight Entertainment’ from Skytrax Airline Excellence Awards 2009; ‘Best Website’ in airline category from Travel d’Or 2009 Awards in France; ‘Best Airline Website from Internet Advertising Awards 2009’; and ‘Best Air Cargo Carrier Middle East’ (for 14th consecutive year) from Cargo News Asia, Hong Kong.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...