Emirates affirms its "Best Middle East Airline" status with more awards
Emirates has added 3 new awards to their collection with the London and Hong Kong editions of the prestigious Business Traveller Awards 2009.Voted by readers of the magazine Emirates was named 'Best First Class' and 'Best Middle Eastern Airline'
The most acclaimed airline in the Middle East has reaffirmed its position as the best carrier of Middle East holidays as it picks up 3 more accolades at the London and Hong Kong editions of the distinguished Business Traveller Awards 2009.
The Dubai-based airline, famous for carrying passengers to popular Dubai holidays, Oman Holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and other Middle East holidays was voted winner of the ‘Best First Class’ and the ‘Best Middle Eastern Airline’ awards by readers of the monthly Business Traveller UK magazine. Such trophies were awarded at a glittering event marking the awarding ceremony in London.
Only a week later, Emirates was once again receiving praise as it earned yet another title as the ‘Best Middle East/African Airline’ in Hong Kong, winning the award from the Asia-Pacific edition of the Business Traveller magazine.
These awards came following other the industry gongs Emirates received at the Business Traveller Middle East Awards in May 2009, including the coveted ‘Best Airline’, ‘Best Regional Airline’ and ‘Best First Class’ titles.
Business Traveller has 10 editions worldwide and is read by corporate travellers, business travel managers and travel agents. The ‘Business Traveller Awards’ give away over 50 awards in the airline, hotel, airport and city categories which are voted for by readers of the magazine and the results are authenticated by an independent audit.
“We are thrilled to receive these ringing endorsements from Business Traveller Awards as these are widely recognised as the industry’s benchmark for excellence. For us, the awards clearly reflect a vote of confidence from corporate travellers and our customers, both in the UK and Asia-Pacific who acknowledge and appreciate our continuous drive to deliver high-quality service, even in these challenging times.” said Richard Vaughan, Divisional Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations Worldwide.
He went on to add: “We are particularly proud of our inflight service delivered by an international crew drawn from over 140 nationalities; menus designed by leading chefs and complemented by the finest wines; an award-winning inflight entertainment system; a modern and young aircraft fleet; and a rapidly-expanding network.”
Other awards and accolades won by Emirates this year include: ‘Best Inflight Entertainment’ from Skytrax Airline Excellence Awards 2009; ‘Best Website’ in airline category from Travel d’Or 2009 Awards in France; ‘Best Airline Website from Internet Advertising Awards 2009’; and ‘Best Air Cargo Carrier Middle East’ (for 14th consecutive year) from Cargo News Asia, Hong Kong.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a taste of the unique destination of Indonesia with a trip across two of its stunning islands. Start at lush Mercure...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...