Emirates affirms its "Best Middle East Airline" status with more awards
Emirates has added 3 new awards to their collection with the London and Hong Kong editions of the prestigious Business Traveller Awards 2009.Voted by readers of the magazine Emirates was named 'Best First Class' and 'Best Middle Eastern Airline'
The most acclaimed airline in the Middle East has reaffirmed its position as the best carrier of Middle East holidays as it picks up 3 more accolades at the London and Hong Kong editions of the distinguished Business Traveller Awards 2009.
The Dubai-based airline, famous for carrying passengers to popular Dubai holidays, Oman Holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and other Middle East holidays was voted winner of the ‘Best First Class’ and the ‘Best Middle Eastern Airline’ awards by readers of the monthly Business Traveller UK magazine. Such trophies were awarded at a glittering event marking the awarding ceremony in London.
Only a week later, Emirates was once again receiving praise as it earned yet another title as the ‘Best Middle East/African Airline’ in Hong Kong, winning the award from the Asia-Pacific edition of the Business Traveller magazine.
These awards came following other the industry gongs Emirates received at the Business Traveller Middle East Awards in May 2009, including the coveted ‘Best Airline’, ‘Best Regional Airline’ and ‘Best First Class’ titles.
Business Traveller has 10 editions worldwide and is read by corporate travellers, business travel managers and travel agents. The ‘Business Traveller Awards’ give away over 50 awards in the airline, hotel, airport and city categories which are voted for by readers of the magazine and the results are authenticated by an independent audit.
“We are thrilled to receive these ringing endorsements from Business Traveller Awards as these are widely recognised as the industry’s benchmark for excellence. For us, the awards clearly reflect a vote of confidence from corporate travellers and our customers, both in the UK and Asia-Pacific who acknowledge and appreciate our continuous drive to deliver high-quality service, even in these challenging times.” said Richard Vaughan, Divisional Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations Worldwide.
He went on to add: “We are particularly proud of our inflight service delivered by an international crew drawn from over 140 nationalities; menus designed by leading chefs and complemented by the finest wines; an award-winning inflight entertainment system; a modern and young aircraft fleet; and a rapidly-expanding network.”
Other awards and accolades won by Emirates this year include: ‘Best Inflight Entertainment’ from Skytrax Airline Excellence Awards 2009; ‘Best Website’ in airline category from Travel d’Or 2009 Awards in France; ‘Best Airline Website from Internet Advertising Awards 2009’; and ‘Best Air Cargo Carrier Middle East’ (for 14th consecutive year) from Cargo News Asia, Hong Kong.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...