Emirates affirms its "Best Middle East Airline" status with more awards
Emirates has added 3 new awards to their collection with the London and Hong Kong editions of the prestigious Business Traveller Awards 2009.Voted by readers of the magazine Emirates was named 'Best First Class' and 'Best Middle Eastern Airline'
The most acclaimed airline in the Middle East has reaffirmed its position as the best carrier of Middle East holidays as it picks up 3 more accolades at the London and Hong Kong editions of the distinguished Business Traveller Awards 2009.
The Dubai-based airline, famous for carrying passengers to popular Dubai holidays, Oman Holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and other Middle East holidays was voted winner of the ‘Best First Class’ and the ‘Best Middle Eastern Airline’ awards by readers of the monthly Business Traveller UK magazine. Such trophies were awarded at a glittering event marking the awarding ceremony in London.
Only a week later, Emirates was once again receiving praise as it earned yet another title as the ‘Best Middle East/African Airline’ in Hong Kong, winning the award from the Asia-Pacific edition of the Business Traveller magazine.
These awards came following other the industry gongs Emirates received at the Business Traveller Middle East Awards in May 2009, including the coveted ‘Best Airline’, ‘Best Regional Airline’ and ‘Best First Class’ titles.
Business Traveller has 10 editions worldwide and is read by corporate travellers, business travel managers and travel agents. The ‘Business Traveller Awards’ give away over 50 awards in the airline, hotel, airport and city categories which are voted for by readers of the magazine and the results are authenticated by an independent audit.
“We are thrilled to receive these ringing endorsements from Business Traveller Awards as these are widely recognised as the industry’s benchmark for excellence. For us, the awards clearly reflect a vote of confidence from corporate travellers and our customers, both in the UK and Asia-Pacific who acknowledge and appreciate our continuous drive to deliver high-quality service, even in these challenging times.” said Richard Vaughan, Divisional Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations Worldwide.
He went on to add: “We are particularly proud of our inflight service delivered by an international crew drawn from over 140 nationalities; menus designed by leading chefs and complemented by the finest wines; an award-winning inflight entertainment system; a modern and young aircraft fleet; and a rapidly-expanding network.”
Other awards and accolades won by Emirates this year include: ‘Best Inflight Entertainment’ from Skytrax Airline Excellence Awards 2009; ‘Best Website’ in airline category from Travel d’Or 2009 Awards in France; ‘Best Airline Website from Internet Advertising Awards 2009’; and ‘Best Air Cargo Carrier Middle East’ (for 14th consecutive year) from Cargo News Asia, Hong Kong.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...