Cuba holidays celebrate National Airline's 80th Anniversary
Cubana Airlines is celebrating its 80th anniversary as Cuba's main international carrier and proud national airline taking tourists to Cuba holidays from many destinations around the world since 1929.
“Cuba’s gateway to the world” is now celebrating 80 glorious years of taking passengers from all over the world to enjoy fabulous Cuba holidays as the island’s main airline and overseas carrier. Cubana airlines are also the oldest airline in the Americas and the largest in the Caribbean
Officially founded on the 8th October 1929, under the name of ‘Curtis S.A. National Cuban Airline’, the airline’s first actual flight happened back in 1913 before its foundation, when Domingo Rosillo and Agustin Parlá became the first Cuban pilots to fly the long roué between Key West, Florida and Havana.
The airline which later changed its name to its current ‘Cubana de Aviación’ corporate logo, was also a world pioneer in creating Cuba holidays for nationals, as it was one the first countries in the world to feature national flights. Back then Cuba was one of the first countries to have its own airline with the launch of its first flight between Havana and the western province of Santiago de Cuba soon a year after the airline’s inauguration on 30th October 1930.
A founding member of the International air Transportation Association (IATA), Cubana de Aviación now offers flights to Cuba holidays from more than 40 cities in the world from more than 35 destinations in Europe, South and North America, carrying over 35% of all worldwide travellers who fly with them to take Cuba holidays.
Currently new fleet such as the IL-96, TU-204, Embraer and ATR-72 have joined the Cubana aircraft with a new set of flights having just launched departing from the UK.
Departing from London, Cubana’s new routes have a twice weekly frequency departing from London Gatwick with a stopover at the popular Cuba holidays resort of Holguin and then continuing for a final stop at the country’s capital of Havana.
Furthermore, for discovery Cuba holidays where tourists to visit more than one destination within the island, Cubana offers the most extensive scheduled domestic service within Cuba plus convenient connections to South America and the Caribbean. TransAtlantic services are operated by B747/400 aircraft in a three class configuration including Tropical/Business Class Premium Economy and Economy Class.
Nowadays Cubana de Aviación S.A is the largest Cuban airline devoted to the transportation of passengers, cargo and mail with 32 international representatives and 13 offices in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...