Cuba holidays celebrate National Airline's 80th Anniversary
Cubana Airlines is celebrating its 80th anniversary as Cuba's main international carrier and proud national airline taking tourists to Cuba holidays from many destinations around the world since 1929.
“Cuba’s gateway to the world” is now celebrating 80 glorious years of taking passengers from all over the world to enjoy fabulous Cuba holidays as the island’s main airline and overseas carrier. Cubana airlines are also the oldest airline in the Americas and the largest in the Caribbean
Officially founded on the 8th October 1929, under the name of ‘Curtis S.A. National Cuban Airline’, the airline’s first actual flight happened back in 1913 before its foundation, when Domingo Rosillo and Agustin Parlá became the first Cuban pilots to fly the long roué between Key West, Florida and Havana.
The airline which later changed its name to its current ‘Cubana de Aviación’ corporate logo, was also a world pioneer in creating Cuba holidays for nationals, as it was one the first countries in the world to feature national flights. Back then Cuba was one of the first countries to have its own airline with the launch of its first flight between Havana and the western province of Santiago de Cuba soon a year after the airline’s inauguration on 30th October 1930.
A founding member of the International air Transportation Association (IATA), Cubana de Aviación now offers flights to Cuba holidays from more than 40 cities in the world from more than 35 destinations in Europe, South and North America, carrying over 35% of all worldwide travellers who fly with them to take Cuba holidays.
Currently new fleet such as the IL-96, TU-204, Embraer and ATR-72 have joined the Cubana aircraft with a new set of flights having just launched departing from the UK.
Departing from London, Cubana’s new routes have a twice weekly frequency departing from London Gatwick with a stopover at the popular Cuba holidays resort of Holguin and then continuing for a final stop at the country’s capital of Havana.
Furthermore, for discovery Cuba holidays where tourists to visit more than one destination within the island, Cubana offers the most extensive scheduled domestic service within Cuba plus convenient connections to South America and the Caribbean. TransAtlantic services are operated by B747/400 aircraft in a three class configuration including Tropical/Business Class Premium Economy and Economy Class.
Nowadays Cubana de Aviación S.A is the largest Cuban airline devoted to the transportation of passengers, cargo and mail with 32 international representatives and 13 offices in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...