Cuba holidays celebrate National Airline's 80th Anniversary
Cubana Airlines is celebrating its 80th anniversary as Cuba's main international carrier and proud national airline taking tourists to Cuba holidays from many destinations around the world since 1929.
“Cuba’s gateway to the world” is now celebrating 80 glorious years of taking passengers from all over the world to enjoy fabulous Cuba holidays as the island’s main airline and overseas carrier. Cubana airlines are also the oldest airline in the Americas and the largest in the Caribbean
Officially founded on the 8th October 1929, under the name of ‘Curtis S.A. National Cuban Airline’, the airline’s first actual flight happened back in 1913 before its foundation, when Domingo Rosillo and Agustin Parlá became the first Cuban pilots to fly the long roué between Key West, Florida and Havana.
The airline which later changed its name to its current ‘Cubana de Aviación’ corporate logo, was also a world pioneer in creating Cuba holidays for nationals, as it was one the first countries in the world to feature national flights. Back then Cuba was one of the first countries to have its own airline with the launch of its first flight between Havana and the western province of Santiago de Cuba soon a year after the airline’s inauguration on 30th October 1930.
A founding member of the International air Transportation Association (IATA), Cubana de Aviación now offers flights to Cuba holidays from more than 40 cities in the world from more than 35 destinations in Europe, South and North America, carrying over 35% of all worldwide travellers who fly with them to take Cuba holidays.
Currently new fleet such as the IL-96, TU-204, Embraer and ATR-72 have joined the Cubana aircraft with a new set of flights having just launched departing from the UK.
Departing from London, Cubana’s new routes have a twice weekly frequency departing from London Gatwick with a stopover at the popular Cuba holidays resort of Holguin and then continuing for a final stop at the country’s capital of Havana.
Furthermore, for discovery Cuba holidays where tourists to visit more than one destination within the island, Cubana offers the most extensive scheduled domestic service within Cuba plus convenient connections to South America and the Caribbean. TransAtlantic services are operated by B747/400 aircraft in a three class configuration including Tropical/Business Class Premium Economy and Economy Class.
Nowadays Cubana de Aviación S.A is the largest Cuban airline devoted to the transportation of passengers, cargo and mail with 32 international representatives and 13 offices in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...