Cuba holidays celebrate National Airline's 80th Anniversary
Cubana Airlines is celebrating its 80th anniversary as Cuba's main international carrier and proud national airline taking tourists to Cuba holidays from many destinations around the world since 1929.
“Cuba’s gateway to the world” is now celebrating 80 glorious years of taking passengers from all over the world to enjoy fabulous Cuba holidays as the island’s main airline and overseas carrier. Cubana airlines are also the oldest airline in the Americas and the largest in the Caribbean
Officially founded on the 8th October 1929, under the name of ‘Curtis S.A. National Cuban Airline’, the airline’s first actual flight happened back in 1913 before its foundation, when Domingo Rosillo and Agustin Parlá became the first Cuban pilots to fly the long roué between Key West, Florida and Havana.
The airline which later changed its name to its current ‘Cubana de Aviación’ corporate logo, was also a world pioneer in creating Cuba holidays for nationals, as it was one the first countries in the world to feature national flights. Back then Cuba was one of the first countries to have its own airline with the launch of its first flight between Havana and the western province of Santiago de Cuba soon a year after the airline’s inauguration on 30th October 1930.
A founding member of the International air Transportation Association (IATA), Cubana de Aviación now offers flights to Cuba holidays from more than 40 cities in the world from more than 35 destinations in Europe, South and North America, carrying over 35% of all worldwide travellers who fly with them to take Cuba holidays.
Currently new fleet such as the IL-96, TU-204, Embraer and ATR-72 have joined the Cubana aircraft with a new set of flights having just launched departing from the UK.
Departing from London, Cubana’s new routes have a twice weekly frequency departing from London Gatwick with a stopover at the popular Cuba holidays resort of Holguin and then continuing for a final stop at the country’s capital of Havana.
Furthermore, for discovery Cuba holidays where tourists to visit more than one destination within the island, Cubana offers the most extensive scheduled domestic service within Cuba plus convenient connections to South America and the Caribbean. TransAtlantic services are operated by B747/400 aircraft in a three class configuration including Tropical/Business Class Premium Economy and Economy Class.
Nowadays Cubana de Aviación S.A is the largest Cuban airline devoted to the transportation of passengers, cargo and mail with 32 international representatives and 13 offices in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...