Strong Euro encourages holiday makers to take cheap holidays to Caribbean and Asia
UK travellers are being encouraged to ditch the European holiday destinations this winter and head off to sunnier climates in the Caribbean and Asia where they will find their money will go a lot further with value-for-money packages.
British tourists looking to escape the UK for autumn and winter breaks abroad will be better off taking Caribbean holidays and trips to Asia rather than Europe because of the dismal state of the pound against the Euro.
Managing Director of First Rate Exchange Services, Gordon Gourlay said:
"As sterling once again plummets against the euro, people will be looking for destinations which offer guaranteed sunshine combined with prices that don't break the bank."
Over the last few weeks, the euro has been sitting at 1.09 to the pound and travellers are reluctant to travel to European destinations as fewer value for money deals are available. Instead, there are a wide range of packages offering cheap Caribbean holidays as well as luxury Caribbean holidays where travellers will see their money go further and have the luxury of more reliable warm and sunny weather. The pound has also been weak against the dollar but more travel agents are ensuring that the USA is a better choice for bargain holidays.
Gordon Gourlay also commented:
"Despite sterling's continued weakness against the dollar, price cuts made by many holiday operators means a trip across the Atlantic will still offer good value to UK travellers."
With talk of the recession slowly coming to an end, many UK travellers are looking for relaxing affordable breaks and it looks like cheap holidays to the Caribbean will continue well into 2010. Asia is considered the second holiday destination as prices fall for low cost holidays compared to last year.
With so many destinations to choose from including Jamaica, Bahamas, Barbados and Antigua, travellers will be spoilt for choice from the variety of cheap Caribbean holidays available.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...