Strong Euro encourages holiday makers to take cheap holidays to Caribbean and Asia
UK travellers are being encouraged to ditch the European holiday destinations this winter and head off to sunnier climates in the Caribbean and Asia where they will find their money will go a lot further with value-for-money packages.
British tourists looking to escape the UK for autumn and winter breaks abroad will be better off taking Caribbean holidays and trips to Asia rather than Europe because of the dismal state of the pound against the Euro.
Managing Director of First Rate Exchange Services, Gordon Gourlay said:
"As sterling once again plummets against the euro, people will be looking for destinations which offer guaranteed sunshine combined with prices that don't break the bank."
Over the last few weeks, the euro has been sitting at 1.09 to the pound and travellers are reluctant to travel to European destinations as fewer value for money deals are available. Instead, there are a wide range of packages offering cheap Caribbean holidays as well as luxury Caribbean holidays where travellers will see their money go further and have the luxury of more reliable warm and sunny weather. The pound has also been weak against the dollar but more travel agents are ensuring that the USA is a better choice for bargain holidays.
Gordon Gourlay also commented:
"Despite sterling's continued weakness against the dollar, price cuts made by many holiday operators means a trip across the Atlantic will still offer good value to UK travellers."
With talk of the recession slowly coming to an end, many UK travellers are looking for relaxing affordable breaks and it looks like cheap holidays to the Caribbean will continue well into 2010. Asia is considered the second holiday destination as prices fall for low cost holidays compared to last year.
With so many destinations to choose from including Jamaica, Bahamas, Barbados and Antigua, travellers will be spoilt for choice from the variety of cheap Caribbean holidays available.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...