Strong Euro encourages holiday makers to take cheap holidays to Caribbean and Asia
UK travellers are being encouraged to ditch the European holiday destinations this winter and head off to sunnier climates in the Caribbean and Asia where they will find their money will go a lot further with value-for-money packages.
British tourists looking to escape the UK for autumn and winter breaks abroad will be better off taking Caribbean holidays and trips to Asia rather than Europe because of the dismal state of the pound against the Euro.
Managing Director of First Rate Exchange Services, Gordon Gourlay said:
"As sterling once again plummets against the euro, people will be looking for destinations which offer guaranteed sunshine combined with prices that don't break the bank."
Over the last few weeks, the euro has been sitting at 1.09 to the pound and travellers are reluctant to travel to European destinations as fewer value for money deals are available. Instead, there are a wide range of packages offering cheap Caribbean holidays as well as luxury Caribbean holidays where travellers will see their money go further and have the luxury of more reliable warm and sunny weather. The pound has also been weak against the dollar but more travel agents are ensuring that the USA is a better choice for bargain holidays.
Gordon Gourlay also commented:
"Despite sterling's continued weakness against the dollar, price cuts made by many holiday operators means a trip across the Atlantic will still offer good value to UK travellers."
With talk of the recession slowly coming to an end, many UK travellers are looking for relaxing affordable breaks and it looks like cheap holidays to the Caribbean will continue well into 2010. Asia is considered the second holiday destination as prices fall for low cost holidays compared to last year.
With so many destinations to choose from including Jamaica, Bahamas, Barbados and Antigua, travellers will be spoilt for choice from the variety of cheap Caribbean holidays available.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...