Strong Euro encourages holiday makers to take cheap holidays to Caribbean and Asia
UK travellers are being encouraged to ditch the European holiday destinations this winter and head off to sunnier climates in the Caribbean and Asia where they will find their money will go a lot further with value-for-money packages.
British tourists looking to escape the UK for autumn and winter breaks abroad will be better off taking Caribbean holidays and trips to Asia rather than Europe because of the dismal state of the pound against the Euro.
Managing Director of First Rate Exchange Services, Gordon Gourlay said:
"As sterling once again plummets against the euro, people will be looking for destinations which offer guaranteed sunshine combined with prices that don't break the bank."
Over the last few weeks, the euro has been sitting at 1.09 to the pound and travellers are reluctant to travel to European destinations as fewer value for money deals are available. Instead, there are a wide range of packages offering cheap Caribbean holidays as well as luxury Caribbean holidays where travellers will see their money go further and have the luxury of more reliable warm and sunny weather. The pound has also been weak against the dollar but more travel agents are ensuring that the USA is a better choice for bargain holidays.
Gordon Gourlay also commented:
"Despite sterling's continued weakness against the dollar, price cuts made by many holiday operators means a trip across the Atlantic will still offer good value to UK travellers."
With talk of the recession slowly coming to an end, many UK travellers are looking for relaxing affordable breaks and it looks like cheap holidays to the Caribbean will continue well into 2010. Asia is considered the second holiday destination as prices fall for low cost holidays compared to last year.
With so many destinations to choose from including Jamaica, Bahamas, Barbados and Antigua, travellers will be spoilt for choice from the variety of cheap Caribbean holidays available.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...