Strong Euro encourages holiday makers to take cheap holidays to Caribbean and Asia
UK travellers are being encouraged to ditch the European holiday destinations this winter and head off to sunnier climates in the Caribbean and Asia where they will find their money will go a lot further with value-for-money packages.
British tourists looking to escape the UK for autumn and winter breaks abroad will be better off taking Caribbean holidays and trips to Asia rather than Europe because of the dismal state of the pound against the Euro.
Managing Director of First Rate Exchange Services, Gordon Gourlay said:
"As sterling once again plummets against the euro, people will be looking for destinations which offer guaranteed sunshine combined with prices that don't break the bank."
Over the last few weeks, the euro has been sitting at 1.09 to the pound and travellers are reluctant to travel to European destinations as fewer value for money deals are available. Instead, there are a wide range of packages offering cheap Caribbean holidays as well as luxury Caribbean holidays where travellers will see their money go further and have the luxury of more reliable warm and sunny weather. The pound has also been weak against the dollar but more travel agents are ensuring that the USA is a better choice for bargain holidays.
Gordon Gourlay also commented:
"Despite sterling's continued weakness against the dollar, price cuts made by many holiday operators means a trip across the Atlantic will still offer good value to UK travellers."
With talk of the recession slowly coming to an end, many UK travellers are looking for relaxing affordable breaks and it looks like cheap holidays to the Caribbean will continue well into 2010. Asia is considered the second holiday destination as prices fall for low cost holidays compared to last year.
With so many destinations to choose from including Jamaica, Bahamas, Barbados and Antigua, travellers will be spoilt for choice from the variety of cheap Caribbean holidays available.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...