Outdoor campaign launched to attract Mauritius holiday makers
In order to draw more South African tourism to the island, Mauritius has launched a new outdoor advertising campaign. The four month long multimedia campaign will involve print, online and outdoor media platforms including airports.
A new outdoor advertising campaign is underway in a bid to promote Mauritius holidays and tourism to help attract more South African visitors to the beautiful island. South African-owned company, Primedia Outdoor, has been appointed by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority and will take part in a four month long multimedia campaign using print, online, and outdoor media platforms including airports.
The campaign will be launched in an attempt to attract more South Africans with a disposable income and encourage them to take holidays in Mauritius and stay at luxury Mauritius hotels. Sales and Marketing Executive of Primedia Outdoor and Managing Director of Indiza Media, Mzi Deliwe, said:
"The tourism authority has cleverly turned the global economic crisis to its advantage. Flight and holiday prices have decreased dramatically during this period, ensuring more consumers in upper income brackets take a much-dreamed about island holiday."
The new campaign is set to focus on the advantages of taking Mauritius holiday and highlight the idyllic island's close proximity to South Africa, which can be reached with just a four hour flight to the luxury destination. South Africans taking holidays to Mauritius will not need visas to enter the country and many great value for money packages are available to the travellers.
"Consumers were simply offered a relaxing holiday, on a beautiful island, at a very affordable price. This, coupled with Primedia Outdoor's appealing media platforms, ensured a successful outdoor campaign,"
Promotional material, highlighting the stunning tourist hotspot, has been placed on billboards at Durban International Airport and Cape Town International Airport to lure consumers to take Mauritius holidays and help the island recover from the effects of the recession.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Take delight in the bare necessities of life when you stay at this peaceful retreat, created for body and soul rejuvenation.
- Enjoy delicious seafood barefeet in the sand at L'Ocean restaurant
- Admire beautiful sunsets from the deck around the infinity pool
- Treat yourself with a complimentary Hammam at the Spa Attitude
Make the most of the private beach, stunning sea views and a great selection of facilities that help you relieve yourself of the stresses of modern life.
- Revel in complimentary kayaking, glass bottom boating, tennis and more sports
- Enjoy culinary delights that suit all tastes from Mauritian, Asian and International to beach and poolside options
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Mauritius is more than sugar and spice, it's a melting pot of fusion cooking, hospitable islanders and stunning natural surroundings - experience it all at the Intercontinental Mauritius
- Relax & rejuvenate at the Yuj Spa - Inspired by the various local cultural manipulation and wellness practices
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room
- Indulge in a selection of Four Restaurants from Asian Fusion, Indian to Mauritian Cuisine
- Enjoy Evening Entertainment including Dance shows & Music Bands
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...