Outdoor campaign launched to attract Mauritius holiday makers
In order to draw more South African tourism to the island, Mauritius has launched a new outdoor advertising campaign. The four month long multimedia campaign will involve print, online and outdoor media platforms including airports.
A new outdoor advertising campaign is underway in a bid to promote Mauritius holidays and tourism to help attract more South African visitors to the beautiful island. South African-owned company, Primedia Outdoor, has been appointed by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority and will take part in a four month long multimedia campaign using print, online, and outdoor media platforms including airports.
The campaign will be launched in an attempt to attract more South Africans with a disposable income and encourage them to take holidays in Mauritius and stay at luxury Mauritius hotels. Sales and Marketing Executive of Primedia Outdoor and Managing Director of Indiza Media, Mzi Deliwe, said:
"The tourism authority has cleverly turned the global economic crisis to its advantage. Flight and holiday prices have decreased dramatically during this period, ensuring more consumers in upper income brackets take a much-dreamed about island holiday."
The new campaign is set to focus on the advantages of taking Mauritius holiday and highlight the idyllic island's close proximity to South Africa, which can be reached with just a four hour flight to the luxury destination. South Africans taking holidays to Mauritius will not need visas to enter the country and many great value for money packages are available to the travellers.
"Consumers were simply offered a relaxing holiday, on a beautiful island, at a very affordable price. This, coupled with Primedia Outdoor's appealing media platforms, ensured a successful outdoor campaign,"
Promotional material, highlighting the stunning tourist hotspot, has been placed on billboards at Durban International Airport and Cape Town International Airport to lure consumers to take Mauritius holidays and help the island recover from the effects of the recession.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Make Mauritius your next holiday and revel in the tropical sun while lounging on sugary white sands and drinking in the...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...