Outdoor campaign launched to attract Mauritius holiday makers
In order to draw more South African tourism to the island, Mauritius has launched a new outdoor advertising campaign. The four month long multimedia campaign will involve print, online and outdoor media platforms including airports.
A new outdoor advertising campaign is underway in a bid to promote Mauritius holidays and tourism to help attract more South African visitors to the beautiful island. South African-owned company, Primedia Outdoor, has been appointed by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority and will take part in a four month long multimedia campaign using print, online, and outdoor media platforms including airports.
The campaign will be launched in an attempt to attract more South Africans with a disposable income and encourage them to take holidays in Mauritius and stay at luxury Mauritius hotels. Sales and Marketing Executive of Primedia Outdoor and Managing Director of Indiza Media, Mzi Deliwe, said:
"The tourism authority has cleverly turned the global economic crisis to its advantage. Flight and holiday prices have decreased dramatically during this period, ensuring more consumers in upper income brackets take a much-dreamed about island holiday."
The new campaign is set to focus on the advantages of taking Mauritius holiday and highlight the idyllic island's close proximity to South Africa, which can be reached with just a four hour flight to the luxury destination. South Africans taking holidays to Mauritius will not need visas to enter the country and many great value for money packages are available to the travellers.
"Consumers were simply offered a relaxing holiday, on a beautiful island, at a very affordable price. This, coupled with Primedia Outdoor's appealing media platforms, ensured a successful outdoor campaign,"
Promotional material, highlighting the stunning tourist hotspot, has been placed on billboards at Durban International Airport and Cape Town International Airport to lure consumers to take Mauritius holidays and help the island recover from the effects of the recession.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
An unrivalled stay where you will be surrounded by its picturesque coastline and lush greenery
- Your own private sandy beach on your doorstep
- Exquisite views wherever you look - from the vibrant green mountains to the glittering Indian Ocean
- Perfect blend of natural beauty and fresh, eye-catching designs
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...