Outdoor campaign launched to attract Mauritius holiday makers
In order to draw more South African tourism to the island, Mauritius has launched a new outdoor advertising campaign. The four month long multimedia campaign will involve print, online and outdoor media platforms including airports.
A new outdoor advertising campaign is underway in a bid to promote Mauritius holidays and tourism to help attract more South African visitors to the beautiful island. South African-owned company, Primedia Outdoor, has been appointed by the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority and will take part in a four month long multimedia campaign using print, online, and outdoor media platforms including airports.
The campaign will be launched in an attempt to attract more South Africans with a disposable income and encourage them to take holidays in Mauritius and stay at luxury Mauritius hotels. Sales and Marketing Executive of Primedia Outdoor and Managing Director of Indiza Media, Mzi Deliwe, said:
"The tourism authority has cleverly turned the global economic crisis to its advantage. Flight and holiday prices have decreased dramatically during this period, ensuring more consumers in upper income brackets take a much-dreamed about island holiday."
The new campaign is set to focus on the advantages of taking Mauritius holiday and highlight the idyllic island's close proximity to South Africa, which can be reached with just a four hour flight to the luxury destination. South Africans taking holidays to Mauritius will not need visas to enter the country and many great value for money packages are available to the travellers.
"Consumers were simply offered a relaxing holiday, on a beautiful island, at a very affordable price. This, coupled with Primedia Outdoor's appealing media platforms, ensured a successful outdoor campaign,"
Promotional material, highlighting the stunning tourist hotspot, has been placed on billboards at Durban International Airport and Cape Town International Airport to lure consumers to take Mauritius holidays and help the island recover from the effects of the recession.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Lay back and relax on the private beach at the Casuarina Hotel
- Wide range of activities including water skiing
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Luxuriate on the hotel's stunning pools overlooking the bay
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Located in a small village on the Northern coast of Mauritius, Hibiscus Beach Resort and Spa is a dream destination for...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...