Riviera Maya food festival attracts thousands of visitors
A food festival on Cancun's Riviera Maya is proving to be an amazing success attracting nearly 3000 visitors despite the fact of being in its first year. The Taste of Playa festival managed to gather a good deal of visitors from as far as Australia
The Taste of Playa festival proved to be a fantastic success, despite being in its first year, and attracted nearly three thousand visitors, including travellers from as far as Australia on their Riviera Maya holidays.
The culinary food festival took place on the seafront, Parque Fundadores, in Playa del Carmen in the Riviera Maya on September 5, 2009, and featured some of the area's most talented chefs, food merchants and restaurateurs.
Organiser of the event, Monica Hartlief, said:
"It's our first year. We really didn't know what to expect. I don't think any of us anticipated that the event would be this well attended."
Visitors to the festival included many people taking Riviera Maya holidays, including a large number of food lovers from all over the world who had come to taste the traditional Mexican delights on offer. With over 700 restaurants to choose from, festival goers, who stayed in nearby Riviera Maya hotels, were spoilt for choice with the variety of food combinations available.
The food festival was a bonus for visitors on Cancun holidays who were unaware of the event taking place during their stay. The aromas of the fusion of flavours soon enticed guests out of their Cancun hotels to the streets of the cosmopolitan city, Playa del Carmen. Visitors could witness the masters at work as local and international chefs presented their signature dishes and provided delicious samples to the locals and visitors on their Riviera holidays.
Plans are already underway for a 2010 festival and organisers are hopeful that the culinary event will vastly grow over the years attracting more people to the beautiful region and tourist hotspot. For more information on The Taste of Play festival, visit www.tasteofplaya.com
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Discover this dream romantic getaway where every luxury is included at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Be seduced by sophisticated comforts, elegant design and complimentary green fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club
- Let Unlimited Luxury treat you to fine meals and drinks as well as an array of non-motorised water sports
- Enjoy the 24-hour room service, complimentary daily re-stocked mini bar and free Wi-Fi; it's all there and it's all included
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
The Maya Riviera has been a tourist magnet for many years now; heed the call of this magical destination and enjoy sun...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...