Riviera Maya food festival attracts thousands of visitors
A food festival on Cancun's Riviera Maya is proving to be an amazing success attracting nearly 3000 visitors despite the fact of being in its first year. The Taste of Playa festival managed to gather a good deal of visitors from as far as Australia
The Taste of Playa festival proved to be a fantastic success, despite being in its first year, and attracted nearly three thousand visitors, including travellers from as far as Australia on their Riviera Maya holidays.
The culinary food festival took place on the seafront, Parque Fundadores, in Playa del Carmen in the Riviera Maya on September 5, 2009, and featured some of the area's most talented chefs, food merchants and restaurateurs.
Organiser of the event, Monica Hartlief, said:
"It's our first year. We really didn't know what to expect. I don't think any of us anticipated that the event would be this well attended."
Visitors to the festival included many people taking Riviera Maya holidays, including a large number of food lovers from all over the world who had come to taste the traditional Mexican delights on offer. With over 700 restaurants to choose from, festival goers, who stayed in nearby Riviera Maya hotels, were spoilt for choice with the variety of food combinations available.
The food festival was a bonus for visitors on Cancun holidays who were unaware of the event taking place during their stay. The aromas of the fusion of flavours soon enticed guests out of their Cancun hotels to the streets of the cosmopolitan city, Playa del Carmen. Visitors could witness the masters at work as local and international chefs presented their signature dishes and provided delicious samples to the locals and visitors on their Riviera holidays.
Plans are already underway for a 2010 festival and organisers are hopeful that the culinary event will vastly grow over the years attracting more people to the beautiful region and tourist hotspot. For more information on The Taste of Play festival, visit www.tasteofplaya.com
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Exuding romance and adults-only exclusivity, this luxury retreat will pamper you from head to foot with its indulgent Unlimited Luxury concept.
- Unlimited-Luxury® will give you the celebrity treatment with unlimited premium drinks and gourmet meals
- Relax and rejuvenate at the relax Spa by Pevonia® with a wide range of pampering treatments on offer
- Have the time of your life with exciting parties and endless entertainment
This spectacular 5-star hotel faces a pristine beach and boasts luxury amenities and personalised service to provide flawless holiday experiences
- The adults-only Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso is a winner of TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards 2015
- Exclusive privileges include champagne check-in, 24-hour room service, daily stocked mini-bar with guest's favourite beverages and recreational options galore
- Try your swing at the onsite golf course and get 18 holes free per person when staying over 4 nights or two complimentary rounds for stays of 5 nights or longer
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. The Secrets Silversands resort...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Take a luxurious and fun-packed 15-day retreat at Mexico's famous Riviera Maya, while you enjoy the many amenities of...