Riviera Maya food festival attracts thousands of visitors
A food festival on Cancun's Riviera Maya is proving to be an amazing success attracting nearly 3000 visitors despite the fact of being in its first year. The Taste of Playa festival managed to gather a good deal of visitors from as far as Australia
The Taste of Playa festival proved to be a fantastic success, despite being in its first year, and attracted nearly three thousand visitors, including travellers from as far as Australia on their Riviera Maya holidays.
The culinary food festival took place on the seafront, Parque Fundadores, in Playa del Carmen in the Riviera Maya on September 5, 2009, and featured some of the area's most talented chefs, food merchants and restaurateurs.
Organiser of the event, Monica Hartlief, said:
"It's our first year. We really didn't know what to expect. I don't think any of us anticipated that the event would be this well attended."
Visitors to the festival included many people taking Riviera Maya holidays, including a large number of food lovers from all over the world who had come to taste the traditional Mexican delights on offer. With over 700 restaurants to choose from, festival goers, who stayed in nearby Riviera Maya hotels, were spoilt for choice with the variety of food combinations available.
The food festival was a bonus for visitors on Cancun holidays who were unaware of the event taking place during their stay. The aromas of the fusion of flavours soon enticed guests out of their Cancun hotels to the streets of the cosmopolitan city, Playa del Carmen. Visitors could witness the masters at work as local and international chefs presented their signature dishes and provided delicious samples to the locals and visitors on their Riviera holidays.
Plans are already underway for a 2010 festival and organisers are hopeful that the culinary event will vastly grow over the years attracting more people to the beautiful region and tourist hotspot. For more information on The Taste of Play festival, visit www.tasteofplaya.com
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Stay right next to the world's second largest coral reef, in an idyllic setting that's also been declared a National Park.
- You'll be fantastically placed within walking distance to Puerto Morales, a quaint fishing village
- The tranquil National Park and beachfront setting that boasts the world's second largest coral reef
- French, Mediterranean, Asian and Mexican delights will tempt your palate at the resort's array of restaurants
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. Set just south of the Yucatan Peninsula, this...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...