Riviera Maya food festival attracts thousands of visitors
A food festival on Cancun's Riviera Maya is proving to be an amazing success attracting nearly 3000 visitors despite the fact of being in its first year. The Taste of Playa festival managed to gather a good deal of visitors from as far as Australia
The Taste of Playa festival proved to be a fantastic success, despite being in its first year, and attracted nearly three thousand visitors, including travellers from as far as Australia on their Riviera Maya holidays.
The culinary food festival took place on the seafront, Parque Fundadores, in Playa del Carmen in the Riviera Maya on September 5, 2009, and featured some of the area's most talented chefs, food merchants and restaurateurs.
Organiser of the event, Monica Hartlief, said:
"It's our first year. We really didn't know what to expect. I don't think any of us anticipated that the event would be this well attended."
Visitors to the festival included many people taking Riviera Maya holidays, including a large number of food lovers from all over the world who had come to taste the traditional Mexican delights on offer. With over 700 restaurants to choose from, festival goers, who stayed in nearby Riviera Maya hotels, were spoilt for choice with the variety of food combinations available.
The food festival was a bonus for visitors on Cancun holidays who were unaware of the event taking place during their stay. The aromas of the fusion of flavours soon enticed guests out of their Cancun hotels to the streets of the cosmopolitan city, Playa del Carmen. Visitors could witness the masters at work as local and international chefs presented their signature dishes and provided delicious samples to the locals and visitors on their Riviera holidays.
Plans are already underway for a 2010 festival and organisers are hopeful that the culinary event will vastly grow over the years attracting more people to the beautiful region and tourist hotspot. For more information on The Taste of Play festival, visit www.tasteofplaya.com
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Discover this dream romantic getaway where every luxury is included at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Let Unlimited Luxury treat you to fine meals and drinks as well as an array of non-motorised water sports
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy the 24-hour room service, complimentary daily re-stocked mini bar and free Wi-Fi; it's all there and it's all included
- Be seduced by sophisticated comforts, elegant design and complimentary green fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club
Submit to the charms of the picturesque Riviera Maya as you spend eight days exploring this unique district in the...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...