Shangri-La Abu Dhabi hotel prepares for Dragon Boat Festival 2009
The Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri in Abu Dhabi will be hosting the second Abu Dhabi Dragon Boat Festival which will run from 9-10 October 2009 in Association with the Adrenaline Sports Live Festival presented by Rani.
The Shangri-La Abu Dhabi hotel will continue to be the main sponsor of the Dragon Boat Festival in this year’s competition, just like they did in 2008 when they hosted corporate teams for training days at the hotel's beach and entered 2 teams into the competition. The Abu Dhabi hotel team's hard work paid off when they walked away with the winning trophy. This year the hotel will host the festival on the 1km stretch of beach that overlooks Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
This year the Dragon Boat Festival will be taking place from the 9-10 October 2009 so row boat lovers could take the opportunity of going on an Abu Dhabi holiday during this time if they want to be spectators to this lively aquatic event.
And anyone already on their Abu Dhabi holidays during these dates should take the opportunity to see this fantastic water show. Dragon Boating is a thrilling water sport full of adrenaline, sportsmanship, strategy and technique. It is also a sport that is about positive team spirit, being healthy, making new friends whether in town for an Abu Dhabi holiday or for business…and most importantly having fun! Participating companies are encouraged to enter their corporate teams for this year's festival early, due to the enormous popularity of this growing sport.
Adrian Rudin, general manager of the Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri in Abu Dhabi, said:
"Our success in last year's festival was fantastic. We have some talented colleagues on the team who went on to enter international dragon boating competitions in Asia this year, as part of the UAE team. We decided to sponsor the UAE team which are now called the Shangri-La UAE Dragons."
"As an Asian hospitality company we see Dragon Boating as the perfect sporting activity to sponsor and we are delighted to be holding the second festival at our Hotel," Mr Rudin added.
Anyone interested or thinking about going on an Abu Dhabi holiday to participate in this event can register a team today.
Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently owns and/or manages 65 hotels under the Shangri-La and Traders brands with five-star deluxe properties featuring extensive luxury facilities and services in many holiday destinations around the world. Shangri-La hotels are located in Australia, Canada, mainland China, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Maldives, Philippines, Singapore, Sultanate of Oman, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates. The group has over 40 projects under development in Austria, Canada, mainland China, France, India, Macau, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Seychelles, United Kingdom and the United States.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Surround yourself with unspoiled beauty at the luxurious Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas
- Authentic flavours from around the world with seven modern, stylish and creative dining venues
- All rooms and suites boast elegant interiors, luxury facilities and reflect the warmth of a beachfront home
- Beachside retreat surrounded by natural beauty, architectural splendour, and cultural experiences
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Unwind and remove all the stresses of modern life with this amazing twin destination offer
- Enjoy a wide range of flavours and exoctic meal with the onsite restaurants
- Loose yourself in the Sheraton Spa and benefit from a plethora of treatments
- Visit the iconic and famous Taj Mahal
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...