Trade Show Examines Potential of Cuba holidays for US tourists
At this year's annual The Trade Show held in Las Vegas, Cuba will be the main topic of discussion with a Cuba destination seminar: "Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry". The seminar will take place on 13 September 2009
Las Vegas Convention Center will soon be holding their annual US tourism and travel event called The Trade Show and this year the focus will be on a peculiar destination that still remains as the forbidden fruit politically and ideologically for US travellers: Cuba.
After Obama’s lifting of travel restrictions for Cuban-Americans visiting relatives in the island, many speculate that a bigger move may follow if the president finally lifts the law that bans US citizens from travelling to Cuba and going on Cuba holidays.
Some believe that at any time President Obama can fully open the door to the full range of US tourist and non-tourist Cuba travel. This is the reason why tour operators, travel agents and other professionals in the travel industry will be attending The Trade Show event for the second year running, in order to learn about the many travel opportunities for Cuba holidays.
On 13th September 2009 a Cuba destination seminar titled “Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry” will be taking place and will be offered in the Caribbean area of The Trade Show from noon to 1:30pm. The event has drawn so much interest this year that the organisers couldn’t find enough room that would suffice for all those in the industry that wished to attend and discuss the potential future of Cuba holidays for US travellers.
Among the speakers for the Cuba holiday appeal in the US we can highlight Bob Whitley, the President of US Tour Operators Association, who will be there in conjunction with Lisa Simon, President of the National Tour Association, and John McAuliff, Coordinator of Travel Industry Network on Cuba, who will be there to give an update on action by the Obama Administration and pending legislation in Congress regarding the Cuba travel issue.
Also there to give a 15 minute slide talk Christopher Baker will attend, an author of six books on Cuba including the award-winning and most widely used Moon Guide Book
The Trade Show section on Cuba holidays and the prospect of Cuba travel will be held at Unit #1237 of the fair with an on-line sign up option for the ‘Open Cuba’ petition created by Orbitz with support from USTO, NTA and key travel, business and advocacy organisations.
There will be special materials from and about tourism in Cuba and Cuba holidays, with the opportunity of asking Cuba Travel related questions specific to your business. Furthermore there will also be a chance to register for a familiarisation tour and orientation session in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...