Trade Show Examines Potential of Cuba holidays for US tourists
At this year's annual The Trade Show held in Las Vegas, Cuba will be the main topic of discussion with a Cuba destination seminar: "Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry". The seminar will take place on 13 September 2009
Las Vegas Convention Center will soon be holding their annual US tourism and travel event called The Trade Show and this year the focus will be on a peculiar destination that still remains as the forbidden fruit politically and ideologically for US travellers: Cuba.
After Obama’s lifting of travel restrictions for Cuban-Americans visiting relatives in the island, many speculate that a bigger move may follow if the president finally lifts the law that bans US citizens from travelling to Cuba and going on Cuba holidays.
Some believe that at any time President Obama can fully open the door to the full range of US tourist and non-tourist Cuba travel. This is the reason why tour operators, travel agents and other professionals in the travel industry will be attending The Trade Show event for the second year running, in order to learn about the many travel opportunities for Cuba holidays.
On 13th September 2009 a Cuba destination seminar titled “Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry” will be taking place and will be offered in the Caribbean area of The Trade Show from noon to 1:30pm. The event has drawn so much interest this year that the organisers couldn’t find enough room that would suffice for all those in the industry that wished to attend and discuss the potential future of Cuba holidays for US travellers.
Among the speakers for the Cuba holiday appeal in the US we can highlight Bob Whitley, the President of US Tour Operators Association, who will be there in conjunction with Lisa Simon, President of the National Tour Association, and John McAuliff, Coordinator of Travel Industry Network on Cuba, who will be there to give an update on action by the Obama Administration and pending legislation in Congress regarding the Cuba travel issue.
Also there to give a 15 minute slide talk Christopher Baker will attend, an author of six books on Cuba including the award-winning and most widely used Moon Guide Book
The Trade Show section on Cuba holidays and the prospect of Cuba travel will be held at Unit #1237 of the fair with an on-line sign up option for the ‘Open Cuba’ petition created by Orbitz with support from USTO, NTA and key travel, business and advocacy organisations.
There will be special materials from and about tourism in Cuba and Cuba holidays, with the opportunity of asking Cuba Travel related questions specific to your business. Furthermore there will also be a chance to register for a familiarisation tour and orientation session in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...