Trade Show Examines Potential of Cuba holidays for US tourists
At this year's annual The Trade Show held in Las Vegas, Cuba will be the main topic of discussion with a Cuba destination seminar: "Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry". The seminar will take place on 13 September 2009
Las Vegas Convention Center will soon be holding their annual US tourism and travel event called The Trade Show and this year the focus will be on a peculiar destination that still remains as the forbidden fruit politically and ideologically for US travellers: Cuba.
After Obama’s lifting of travel restrictions for Cuban-Americans visiting relatives in the island, many speculate that a bigger move may follow if the president finally lifts the law that bans US citizens from travelling to Cuba and going on Cuba holidays.
Some believe that at any time President Obama can fully open the door to the full range of US tourist and non-tourist Cuba travel. This is the reason why tour operators, travel agents and other professionals in the travel industry will be attending The Trade Show event for the second year running, in order to learn about the many travel opportunities for Cuba holidays.
On 13th September 2009 a Cuba destination seminar titled “Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry” will be taking place and will be offered in the Caribbean area of The Trade Show from noon to 1:30pm. The event has drawn so much interest this year that the organisers couldn’t find enough room that would suffice for all those in the industry that wished to attend and discuss the potential future of Cuba holidays for US travellers.
Among the speakers for the Cuba holiday appeal in the US we can highlight Bob Whitley, the President of US Tour Operators Association, who will be there in conjunction with Lisa Simon, President of the National Tour Association, and John McAuliff, Coordinator of Travel Industry Network on Cuba, who will be there to give an update on action by the Obama Administration and pending legislation in Congress regarding the Cuba travel issue.
Also there to give a 15 minute slide talk Christopher Baker will attend, an author of six books on Cuba including the award-winning and most widely used Moon Guide Book
The Trade Show section on Cuba holidays and the prospect of Cuba travel will be held at Unit #1237 of the fair with an on-line sign up option for the ‘Open Cuba’ petition created by Orbitz with support from USTO, NTA and key travel, business and advocacy organisations.
There will be special materials from and about tourism in Cuba and Cuba holidays, with the opportunity of asking Cuba Travel related questions specific to your business. Furthermore there will also be a chance to register for a familiarisation tour and orientation session in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...