Trade Show Examines Potential of Cuba holidays for US tourists
At this year's annual The Trade Show held in Las Vegas, Cuba will be the main topic of discussion with a Cuba destination seminar: "Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry". The seminar will take place on 13 September 2009
Las Vegas Convention Center will soon be holding their annual US tourism and travel event called The Trade Show and this year the focus will be on a peculiar destination that still remains as the forbidden fruit politically and ideologically for US travellers: Cuba.
After Obama’s lifting of travel restrictions for Cuban-Americans visiting relatives in the island, many speculate that a bigger move may follow if the president finally lifts the law that bans US citizens from travelling to Cuba and going on Cuba holidays.
Some believe that at any time President Obama can fully open the door to the full range of US tourist and non-tourist Cuba travel. This is the reason why tour operators, travel agents and other professionals in the travel industry will be attending The Trade Show event for the second year running, in order to learn about the many travel opportunities for Cuba holidays.
On 13th September 2009 a Cuba destination seminar titled “Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry” will be taking place and will be offered in the Caribbean area of The Trade Show from noon to 1:30pm. The event has drawn so much interest this year that the organisers couldn’t find enough room that would suffice for all those in the industry that wished to attend and discuss the potential future of Cuba holidays for US travellers.
Among the speakers for the Cuba holiday appeal in the US we can highlight Bob Whitley, the President of US Tour Operators Association, who will be there in conjunction with Lisa Simon, President of the National Tour Association, and John McAuliff, Coordinator of Travel Industry Network on Cuba, who will be there to give an update on action by the Obama Administration and pending legislation in Congress regarding the Cuba travel issue.
Also there to give a 15 minute slide talk Christopher Baker will attend, an author of six books on Cuba including the award-winning and most widely used Moon Guide Book
The Trade Show section on Cuba holidays and the prospect of Cuba travel will be held at Unit #1237 of the fair with an on-line sign up option for the ‘Open Cuba’ petition created by Orbitz with support from USTO, NTA and key travel, business and advocacy organisations.
There will be special materials from and about tourism in Cuba and Cuba holidays, with the opportunity of asking Cuba Travel related questions specific to your business. Furthermore there will also be a chance to register for a familiarisation tour and orientation session in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...