Trade Show Examines Potential of Cuba holidays for US tourists
At this year's annual The Trade Show held in Las Vegas, Cuba will be the main topic of discussion with a Cuba destination seminar: "Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry". The seminar will take place on 13 September 2009
Las Vegas Convention Center will soon be holding their annual US tourism and travel event called The Trade Show and this year the focus will be on a peculiar destination that still remains as the forbidden fruit politically and ideologically for US travellers: Cuba.
After Obama’s lifting of travel restrictions for Cuban-Americans visiting relatives in the island, many speculate that a bigger move may follow if the president finally lifts the law that bans US citizens from travelling to Cuba and going on Cuba holidays.
Some believe that at any time President Obama can fully open the door to the full range of US tourist and non-tourist Cuba travel. This is the reason why tour operators, travel agents and other professionals in the travel industry will be attending The Trade Show event for the second year running, in order to learn about the many travel opportunities for Cuba holidays.
On 13th September 2009 a Cuba destination seminar titled “Cuba Breakthrough: Opportunities for the US Travel Industry” will be taking place and will be offered in the Caribbean area of The Trade Show from noon to 1:30pm. The event has drawn so much interest this year that the organisers couldn’t find enough room that would suffice for all those in the industry that wished to attend and discuss the potential future of Cuba holidays for US travellers.
Among the speakers for the Cuba holiday appeal in the US we can highlight Bob Whitley, the President of US Tour Operators Association, who will be there in conjunction with Lisa Simon, President of the National Tour Association, and John McAuliff, Coordinator of Travel Industry Network on Cuba, who will be there to give an update on action by the Obama Administration and pending legislation in Congress regarding the Cuba travel issue.
Also there to give a 15 minute slide talk Christopher Baker will attend, an author of six books on Cuba including the award-winning and most widely used Moon Guide Book
The Trade Show section on Cuba holidays and the prospect of Cuba travel will be held at Unit #1237 of the fair with an on-line sign up option for the ‘Open Cuba’ petition created by Orbitz with support from USTO, NTA and key travel, business and advocacy organisations.
There will be special materials from and about tourism in Cuba and Cuba holidays, with the opportunity of asking Cuba Travel related questions specific to your business. Furthermore there will also be a chance to register for a familiarisation tour and orientation session in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...