Al Maha Mountain Safari
Duration: Half Day
Venture off the beaten track during your holiday in Dubai and discover the Emirate’s exquisite rural beauty. This exhilarating off-road tour will take you on an unforgettable safari across wadis and desert, against the backdrop of the magnificent Hajar Mountain range. Ideal for those looking seeking action and adventure, this is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
Departing from the luxurious Al Maha Desert Resort, you can enjoy magnificent panoramic views of the jagged Hajar Mountain peaks in the distance before we even set off on this exciting mountain safari. Set in 225 square kilometres of pristine desert landscape, Al Maha lies within an award-winning nature reserve and is one of the most enchanting areas in Dubai. Look out for endemic desert wildlife such as the shy Arabian oryx as we make our way by 4x4 jeep across vast golden dunes towards the majestic Hajar mountain range (meaning stone mountains in Arabic), which separates the low coastal plain of Oman from the high desert plateau. Rising dramatically from the surrounding sands, this is the highest mountain range in eastern Arabia.
The central section of the Hajjar is the Jebel Akhdar (meaning green mountain), where you will find the highest and wildest terrain in the country. Hold on tight as your tour guide drives you across numerous wadis (dry river beds), passing through dramatic canyons, deep gorges and rocky valleys on the way. Towering limestone peaks and precipices surround you at every turn: the scenery will take your breath away. When we stop for a break, you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the canyons as you take photos and marvel at the spectacular rugged landscape.
In addition to the natural beauty, the mountains provide an important habitat for endemic flora and fauna. Look out for the Arabian tahr (a type of wild goat) mountain gazelle, geckos, lizards and lappet-faced vultures, as well as many other animals, birds and unique species of plants. Your tour ends with a delicious picnic lunch in a lush, palm-fringed wadi before heading back to the hotel. If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of Dubai city, this diverse rural tour is a wonderful contrast.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Explore both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and stay at the five-star Hyatt Regency and Beach Rotana Hotel set in the heart of Abu Dhabi
- At Hyatt Regency there are incredible bars, clubs and restaurants right at the spot, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm
- The Hyatt Regency is a landmark hotel, centrally located in the heritage area of Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- The Beach Rotana has a great location with a private beach, beside a shopping mall and in the heart of the bustling city. It is 30 minutes from the airport
Get two incredible destinations for the price of one on this amazing trip to Dubai and Phuket
- Perfect beachside location in popular Karon
- Vibrant base in Dubai in Al Barsha
- Family friendly resort in Phuket with an amazing poolside restaurant
Combine the tropical beaches of Bali with a shopaholics heaven in Dubai
- Only 200m from the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai
- Watch the sunset from the rooftop bar in Bali
- Stylish studio and duplex accommodation in Bali
Combine the peaceful luxury of Mauritius with the opulent excitement of Dubai
- Young travellers are invited to ignite their imagination at Le Méridien Family Kids Club
- Enjoy a therapeutic steam bath or relaxing massage in the on-site Spa in Dubai
- Enjoy a plethora of complimentary water activities in Mauritius
- Exclusive Offer! Limited time only!
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.