Al Maha Mountain Safari
Duration: Half Day
Venture off the beaten track during your holiday in Dubai and discover the Emirate’s exquisite rural beauty. This exhilarating off-road tour will take you on an unforgettable safari across wadis and desert, against the backdrop of the magnificent Hajar Mountain range. Ideal for those looking seeking action and adventure, this is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
Departing from the luxurious Al Maha Desert Resort, you can enjoy magnificent panoramic views of the jagged Hajar Mountain peaks in the distance before we even set off on this exciting mountain safari. Set in 225 square kilometres of pristine desert landscape, Al Maha lies within an award-winning nature reserve and is one of the most enchanting areas in Dubai. Look out for endemic desert wildlife such as the shy Arabian oryx as we make our way by 4x4 jeep across vast golden dunes towards the majestic Hajar mountain range (meaning stone mountains in Arabic), which separates the low coastal plain of Oman from the high desert plateau. Rising dramatically from the surrounding sands, this is the highest mountain range in eastern Arabia.
The central section of the Hajjar is the Jebel Akhdar (meaning green mountain), where you will find the highest and wildest terrain in the country. Hold on tight as your tour guide drives you across numerous wadis (dry river beds), passing through dramatic canyons, deep gorges and rocky valleys on the way. Towering limestone peaks and precipices surround you at every turn: the scenery will take your breath away. When we stop for a break, you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the canyons as you take photos and marvel at the spectacular rugged landscape.
In addition to the natural beauty, the mountains provide an important habitat for endemic flora and fauna. Look out for the Arabian tahr (a type of wild goat) mountain gazelle, geckos, lizards and lappet-faced vultures, as well as many other animals, birds and unique species of plants. Your tour ends with a delicious picnic lunch in a lush, palm-fringed wadi before heading back to the hotel. If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of Dubai city, this diverse rural tour is a wonderful contrast.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining, three swimming pools and massages
- Perfect break for families and couples alike
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Indulge in the luxury spas at both resorts
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Treat yourself to a luxury break across two glamourous destinations with the help of the Conrad group. Begin on the...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.