Al Maha Mountain Safari
Duration: Half Day
Venture off the beaten track during your holiday in Dubai and discover the Emirate’s exquisite rural beauty. This exhilarating off-road tour will take you on an unforgettable safari across wadis and desert, against the backdrop of the magnificent Hajar Mountain range. Ideal for those looking seeking action and adventure, this is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
Departing from the luxurious Al Maha Desert Resort, you can enjoy magnificent panoramic views of the jagged Hajar Mountain peaks in the distance before we even set off on this exciting mountain safari. Set in 225 square kilometres of pristine desert landscape, Al Maha lies within an award-winning nature reserve and is one of the most enchanting areas in Dubai. Look out for endemic desert wildlife such as the shy Arabian oryx as we make our way by 4x4 jeep across vast golden dunes towards the majestic Hajar mountain range (meaning stone mountains in Arabic), which separates the low coastal plain of Oman from the high desert plateau. Rising dramatically from the surrounding sands, this is the highest mountain range in eastern Arabia.
The central section of the Hajjar is the Jebel Akhdar (meaning green mountain), where you will find the highest and wildest terrain in the country. Hold on tight as your tour guide drives you across numerous wadis (dry river beds), passing through dramatic canyons, deep gorges and rocky valleys on the way. Towering limestone peaks and precipices surround you at every turn: the scenery will take your breath away. When we stop for a break, you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the canyons as you take photos and marvel at the spectacular rugged landscape.
In addition to the natural beauty, the mountains provide an important habitat for endemic flora and fauna. Look out for the Arabian tahr (a type of wild goat) mountain gazelle, geckos, lizards and lappet-faced vultures, as well as many other animals, birds and unique species of plants. Your tour ends with a delicious picnic lunch in a lush, palm-fringed wadi before heading back to the hotel. If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of Dubai city, this diverse rural tour is a wonderful contrast.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining, three swimming pools and massages
- Perfect break for families and couples alike
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Boasting a convenient location in Ratchadamri close to a plethora of shopping and dining options in the area, as well as...
Whilst immersing yourself in Thai culture, you know that you can rely on the quality and comfort at MÃ¶venpick Hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.