Duration: Full Day
This exhilarating adventure tour combines contrasting landscapes, lush wadis, ancient villages and traditional Arabian culture in the heart of the desert.
Experience the best of rural Dubai as we head for the majestic mountains of the United Arab Emirates on luxury 4WD vehicles. Leaving the hustle and bustle of the city behind us, we will make our way towards the spectacular red-golden sand dunes of the desert before continuing onwards to the ancient fortress village of Hatta. Constructed around an old settlement dating back to the 16th century, Hatta is a recreation of a traditional mountain village set amidst a lush oasis.
Surrounded by a 16th century fort and set against the backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains, this is a beautiful location and a fine example of Dubai’s rich heritage. Traditional houses here are constructed from stone, mud and palm fronds, several of which showcase examples of traditional Folklore poetry, ancient artifacts and examples of farming methods, as well as costumes, musical instruments and traditional handicrafts made from palm fronds and trees. You can also see two watchtowers overlooking the village, which were once used to protect the city from hostile invaders.
We continue driving through lush wadis (oases) until we reach the refreshing Hatta mountain pools, where you will get the chance to swim in the crystal clear turquoise waters. Afterwards, we will stop for lunch at the Hatta Fort Hotel, an exclusive mountain retreat set in 80 acres of beautifully-landscaped gardens.
After a short period of rest and relaxation, prepare yourself for an exhilarating safari adventure across the desert. Enjoy the thrills of a rollercoaster ride along the dramatic red-golden sand dunes by 4x4. We will stop at the top of the highest sand dune, where you can witness a spectacular sunset and take photos of the breathtaking scenery.
We will then make our way to a traditional Bedouin Campsite in the heart of the desert. Here you will be greeted with soft drinks, water, tea or coffee. Henna design, Arabic Java and local dresses are also available here for you to choose from. You can even take a camel ride or enjoy sampling a Hubbly Bubbly (water pipe for smoking) in different flavours.
An enchanting belly dancer enhances the magical atmosphere of the night by performing a fascinating dance to the rhythm of Arabic music. The evening ends with a delicious barbeque buffet dinner. Immerse yourself in the sounds, smells and traditions of the desert. This is a truly unforgettable experience not to be missed during your holiday in Dubai.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Relax with a beach front break on the island of Phuket followed by a stay in the heart of Dubai
- Enjoy panoramic city views from the rooftop pool in Dubai
- Idyllic beachfront location close to the buzzing Karon Beach
- 10 restaurants and bars to choose from at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Relax and Unwind on the beautiful sandy beaches of Mauritius followed by the duty free shopping in Dubai
- All inclusive meals, drinks and afternoon team included
- Enjoy a spa at the seven colour spa suite at the Palmar Resort
- Your hotel in Dubai is close to the shopping malls offer free shuttle bus and only a short distance to Jumeirah Beach
Sun Island is an elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
The holiday you will not be able to resist - the Tamassa all-inclusive resort in Mauritius with a stay in Dubai
Imagine relaxing on the shores of the Indian Ocean's most exotic island, then exploring the jewel of the Emirates - where else than in Mauritius and Dubai
- Complete your stay with a shopping trip in luxurious 5* Dubai
- Enjoy a range of water sports including windsurfing, sailing, snorkelling & more
- Vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing at the Tamassa all-inclusive resort
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.