Duration: Full Day
This exhilarating adventure tour combines contrasting landscapes, lush wadis, ancient villages and traditional Arabian culture in the heart of the desert.
Experience the best of rural Dubai as we head for the majestic mountains of the United Arab Emirates on luxury 4WD vehicles. Leaving the hustle and bustle of the city behind us, we will make our way towards the spectacular red-golden sand dunes of the desert before continuing onwards to the ancient fortress village of Hatta. Constructed around an old settlement dating back to the 16th century, Hatta is a recreation of a traditional mountain village set amidst a lush oasis.
Surrounded by a 16th century fort and set against the backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains, this is a beautiful location and a fine example of Dubai’s rich heritage. Traditional houses here are constructed from stone, mud and palm fronds, several of which showcase examples of traditional Folklore poetry, ancient artifacts and examples of farming methods, as well as costumes, musical instruments and traditional handicrafts made from palm fronds and trees. You can also see two watchtowers overlooking the village, which were once used to protect the city from hostile invaders.
We continue driving through lush wadis (oases) until we reach the refreshing Hatta mountain pools, where you will get the chance to swim in the crystal clear turquoise waters. Afterwards, we will stop for lunch at the Hatta Fort Hotel, an exclusive mountain retreat set in 80 acres of beautifully-landscaped gardens.
After a short period of rest and relaxation, prepare yourself for an exhilarating safari adventure across the desert. Enjoy the thrills of a rollercoaster ride along the dramatic red-golden sand dunes by 4x4. We will stop at the top of the highest sand dune, where you can witness a spectacular sunset and take photos of the breathtaking scenery.
We will then make our way to a traditional Bedouin Campsite in the heart of the desert. Here you will be greeted with soft drinks, water, tea or coffee. Henna design, Arabic Java and local dresses are also available here for you to choose from. You can even take a camel ride or enjoy sampling a Hubbly Bubbly (water pipe for smoking) in different flavours.
An enchanting belly dancer enhances the magical atmosphere of the night by performing a fascinating dance to the rhythm of Arabic music. The evening ends with a delicious barbeque buffet dinner. Immerse yourself in the sounds, smells and traditions of the desert. This is a truly unforgettable experience not to be missed during your holiday in Dubai.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Enjoy contrasting experiences with vibrant city life followed by sensational facilities and relaxation - all in one country!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Al Barsha is in an excellent locaiton for two world class golf courses
- Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis, the Palm offers dazzling features such as an underwater maze, a marina education centre and the largest water themed attraction in the Middle East
- 22 renowned restaurants available to choose from at Atlantis, the Palm
Exotic Mauriitus coupled with the dazzling city of Dubai with LUX* Grand Gaube and Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Stay at the romantic hideway LUX* Grand Gaube followed by glamorous Dubai
- Staying at LUX* Grande Gaube will make your holiday memorable with the hidden treasures they have to offer you during your stay
- Pullman Jumeirah is set within a great location just a few minutes walk to the marina and close by to the metro for you to explore Dubai
- Some of the treasures are you may stumble on a secret bar where you can make your own cocktail, enjoy a classic film at the Cinema on the beach these are only a few to mention
Unique experience to discover the beautiful nature of South Africa and the dynamic life of Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- extraordinary South Africa tour gives you the flexibility to discover the beauty of this amazing country at your own speed
- Your hotel in Dubai enjoys a fantastic locaiton in the heart of the historic Deira within walking distance to the gold souks
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Perfectly positioned on the beautiful white sands of a private Beach in the famous area of Dubai Marina, Sheraton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.
The latest place to hit Dubai's sophisticated and trendy nightlife scene is without a doubt the most innovative and extravagant. Of course, it also had to be located inside the emirates' most decadently luxurious, 7-star hotel and, indeed, we're talking about no other than the Burj Al Arab. The recently opened Gold on 27, clad in real gold leaf motifs from head to toe and exuding golden opulence from every pore, does justice to its name, instantly becoming the city's most amazingly incredible nightspot - where every socialite and most elite members of society will want to be seen.