Desert Safari with Barbeque
Duration: Half Day
This exhilarating, off-road Arabian adventure will escort you away from the hustle and bustle of the cities of Dubai or Abu Dhabi into the heart of the desert, where you can experience the thrills of dune bashing and the warm hospitality of the Bedouin people.
Leaving the city of Dubai behind us, we head towards the desert on luxury 4X4 vehicles. Get your camera ready as we approach the towering red-golden sand dunes, which stretch as far as the eye can see. The dramatic scenery will take your breath away, particularly as the sun goes down. The changing hue of the sand at sunrise and sunset is a sight to behold. Watch the patterns of the sand change with the wind, against the rise and fall of the rolling desert dunes.
Then, prepare for the ride of a lifetime as we go “dune bashing”. Your experienced driver will take you on an exhilarating rollercoaster ride up and down the sand dunes. Hold on tight! You will find it hard not to scream with laughter and excitement as your vehicle rises up and over the dunes, falling sharply down the other side before rising up once again. We will stop at the top of the highest sand dune, where you can witness a spectacular sunset and capture the memory with your camera.
After refreshments and time to catch your breath, we will continue onwards into the heart of the desert to a traditional Bedouin Campsite. Enjoy a warm welcome from the hospitable desert people as they offer you soft drinks, water, tea or traditional Arabic coffee. You will then get the chance to immerse yourself into the Bedouin culture by getting your very own Henna design painted on your hands or feet; or by dressing up for the occasion in traditional attire.
If you are feeling adventurous you can take a short camel ride through the desert; or why not sample the different flavours of a Hubbly Bubbly, a traditional Middle Eastern water pipe used for smoking. After working up an appetite, the evening ends with a delicious Arabian barbeque buffet dinner, served around a roaring camp fire.
An enchanting belly dancer enhances the magical atmosphere of the night by dancing to the rhythm of Arabian music under the stars. Immerse yourself in the sounds and smells of the desert, and the wonderful culture of its people. This exciting, eye-opening tour is an experience not to be missed during your holiday in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Get two incredible destinations for the price of one on this amazing trip to Dubai and Phuket
- Perfect beachside location in popular Karon
- Vibrant base in Dubai in Al Barsha
- Family friendly resort in Phuket with an amazing poolside restaurant
Combine the tropical beaches of Bali with a shopaholics heaven in Dubai
- Only 200m from the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai
- Watch the sunset from the rooftop bar in Bali
- Stylish studio and duplex accommodation in Bali
Sun Island is an elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.