Desert Safari with Barbeque
Duration: Half Day
This exhilarating, off-road Arabian adventure will escort you away from the hustle and bustle of the cities of Dubai or Abu Dhabi into the heart of the desert, where you can experience the thrills of dune bashing and the warm hospitality of the Bedouin people.
Leaving the city of Dubai behind us, we head towards the desert on luxury 4X4 vehicles. Get your camera ready as we approach the towering red-golden sand dunes, which stretch as far as the eye can see. The dramatic scenery will take your breath away, particularly as the sun goes down. The changing hue of the sand at sunrise and sunset is a sight to behold. Watch the patterns of the sand change with the wind, against the rise and fall of the rolling desert dunes.
Then, prepare for the ride of a lifetime as we go “dune bashing”. Your experienced driver will take you on an exhilarating rollercoaster ride up and down the sand dunes. Hold on tight! You will find it hard not to scream with laughter and excitement as your vehicle rises up and over the dunes, falling sharply down the other side before rising up once again. We will stop at the top of the highest sand dune, where you can witness a spectacular sunset and capture the memory with your camera.
After refreshments and time to catch your breath, we will continue onwards into the heart of the desert to a traditional Bedouin Campsite. Enjoy a warm welcome from the hospitable desert people as they offer you soft drinks, water, tea or traditional Arabic coffee. You will then get the chance to immerse yourself into the Bedouin culture by getting your very own Henna design painted on your hands or feet; or by dressing up for the occasion in traditional attire.
If you are feeling adventurous you can take a short camel ride through the desert; or why not sample the different flavours of a Hubbly Bubbly, a traditional Middle Eastern water pipe used for smoking. After working up an appetite, the evening ends with a delicious Arabian barbeque buffet dinner, served around a roaring camp fire.
An enchanting belly dancer enhances the magical atmosphere of the night by dancing to the rhythm of Arabian music under the stars. Immerse yourself in the sounds and smells of the desert, and the wonderful culture of its people. This exciting, eye-opening tour is an experience not to be missed during your holiday in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining, three swimming pools and massages
- Perfect break for families and couples alike
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Relax with a beach front break on the island of Phuket followed by a stay in the heart of Dubai
- Enjoy panoramic city views from the rooftop pool in Dubai
- Idyllic beachfront location close to the buzzing Karon Beach
- 10 restaurants and bars to choose from at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Indulge in the luxury spas at both resorts
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Treat yourself to a luxury break across two glamourous destinations with the help of the Conrad group. Begin on the...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.