Where to go shop, and where to drop
Where to shop
Allow yourself to be seduced by 'The City of Gold'. Dubai boasts the world's largest shopping mall where you can shop, quite literally, until you drop.
Find designer labels at the BurJuman mall, experience six themed malls at Ibn Battuta or barter for a bargain at the enigmatic souks. If you're a real shopaholic, visit during the Dubai Shopping Festival, which takes place between January and February each year.
When you can't shop any more…
Take some time out and relax at your hotel, which won't fail to give you a true taste of contemporary Dubai style. This is a city that boasts one of the world's largest concentrations of five-star hotels, where many of the hotels are tourist attractions in their own right.
Not all hotels will blow your budget though, as the city also offers affordable accommodation that doesn't compromise on quality.
- Dubai's all inclusive hotels mean you don't have to worry about expensive restaurant bills, making it far easier to budget for your holiday. We particularly like the great range of facilities at the Jebel Ali Hotel, the Golf Resort in Jebel Freeport and Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach in Fujairah.
- Some of the most striking hotels in the world are found in Dubai City. If you've got a head for heights, the most impressive of these would be The Address Downtown Dubai hotel. It's a sky-scraping building rising over 306 metres. To spend some quality time in the lap of luxury, try The Armani, an exclusive trendy hotel designed by Giorgio Armani.
- Jumeirah Beach is lined with glittering waterfront hotels. We think the most magical are the Burj Al Arab seven-star hotel, the jaw-dropping Madinat Jumeirah – Dubai's largest resort, and the Atlantis, The Palm, which features a dolphin pool and aqua park among many other attractions.
Shopping in Dubai Browse all
Experience the excitement of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
- Charming Indonesian style on the beachfront in Bali
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Both Kuredu Island and the Crowne Plaza offer fantastic luxury
- Kuredu has the first golf course in the maldives, a 6-hole par 3 course, located on the Eastern portion of the island with a full size driving range and floodlights
- Both properties have excellent service and stunning luxury facilities
- perfect location in the historic heart of Dubai within walking distance to main sights
Combine a trip to the laid back island of Phuket with a stay in the heart of the glamorous metropolitan that is Dubai....
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.