Where to go shop, and where to drop
Where to shop
Allow yourself to be seduced by 'The City of Gold'. Dubai boasts the world's largest shopping mall where you can shop, quite literally, until you drop.
Find designer labels at the BurJuman mall, experience six themed malls at Ibn Battuta or barter for a bargain at the enigmatic souks. If you're a real shopaholic, visit during the Dubai Shopping Festival, which takes place between January and February each year.
When you can't shop any more…
Take some time out and relax at your hotel, which won't fail to give you a true taste of contemporary Dubai style. This is a city that boasts one of the world's largest concentrations of five-star hotels, where many of the hotels are tourist attractions in their own right.
Not all hotels will blow your budget though, as the city also offers affordable accommodation that doesn't compromise on quality.
- Dubai's all inclusive hotels mean you don't have to worry about expensive restaurant bills, making it far easier to budget for your holiday. We particularly like the great range of facilities at the Jebel Ali Hotel, the Golf Resort in Jebel Freeport and Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach in Fujairah.
- Some of the most striking hotels in the world are found in Dubai City. If you've got a head for heights, the most impressive of these would be The Address Downtown Dubai hotel. It's a sky-scraping building rising over 306 metres. To spend some quality time in the lap of luxury, try The Armani, an exclusive trendy hotel designed by Giorgio Armani.
- Jumeirah Beach is lined with glittering waterfront hotels. We think the most magical are the Burj Al Arab seven-star hotel, the jaw-dropping Madinat Jumeirah – Dubai's largest resort, and the Atlantis, The Palm, which features a dolphin pool and aqua park among many other attractions.
Shopping in Dubai Browse all
Relax with a beach front break on the island of Phuket followed by a stay in the heart of Dubai
- Enjoy panoramic city views from the rooftop pool in Dubai
- Idyllic beachfront location close to the buzzing Karon Beach
- 10 restaurants and bars to choose from at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Indulge in the luxury spas at both resorts
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Treat yourself to a luxury break across two glamourous destinations with the help of the Conrad group. Begin on the...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.