Adventure in Paradise Mauritius
Duration: Half Day
Discover one of Mauritius’ best kept secrets on this fun-filled adventure in paradise. This memorable safari tour will introduce you to the natural beauty of the L'Etoile and Ferney nature reserves as you spend the day quad biking through some of the country’s most spectacular landscapes. This is a wonderful way to observe Mauritius’ exotic flora and fauna in unforgettable surroundings.
Located in the Indian Ocean, off the east coast of Madagascar, Mauritius is renowned for its breathtaking white-sand beaches and crystal clear turquoise lagoons, which attract thousands of honeymooners and tourists looking for sun and relaxation in paradise year after year. If you venture inland, however, there are many more natural treasures just waiting to be discovered.
This excursion will take you to the stunning L'Etoile and Ferney Valley nature reserves, which lie in a 3,500-hectare estate in the inland eastern region of the island. After a refreshing welcome drink and a quad bike safety briefing, you can marvel at the beautiful tropical scenery as you set off on an exhilarating safari ride through the lush green valley.
Travel through sugar and coffee plantations and indigenous forests; past rolling hills, cascading waterfalls, ponds and rivers towards the Bambous Mountains, which are rich with vegetation. Watch local labourers harvesting the fields on the way, and look out for wildlife dotting the landscape. Once you reach the mountains you can enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the East, South East and North of Mauritius, including much of the island's coastline.
Your experienced local guide will point out a wealth of native flora and fauna on the way, all of which thrive here in their natural habitat. Java deer, wild boar and numerous exotic birds such as the Mauritian kestrel (one of the world's rarest birds), Mauritius parakeet, cardinals and pink pigeons are just some of the wildlife species you will see on your journey, as well as hundreds of varieties of endemic plants and trees.
The beauty and diversity of this protected region will amaze you. All that action and adventure is bound to work up an appetite, so your day is rounded off with a delicious Mauritian buffet lunch. Not to be missed, this unforgettable eco tour is a wonderful addition to your holiday in Mauritius.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Enjoy the best of both worlds - tranquil Mauritius at Recif Atitudein combined with vibrant and never sleeping Dubai
Admire beautiful Pointe aux Piments sunsets and relax on a white sandy beach in the friendly Récif Attitude hotel and explore the wonders of Dubai including one of the most famous shopping malls - The Mall of the Emirates
- Early Check in and Late Check out Guaranteed along with Dine Around at Recif Attitude
- The Mall of the Emirates is just few minutes walk away from the Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha
- Recif Attitude, an adults only hotel, is a perfect choice for couples, friends or newly-weds to relax and unwind in its calm and friendly atmosphere
Relax and Unwind on the beautiful sandy beaches of Mauritius followed by the duty free shopping in Dubai
- All inclusive meals, drinks and afternoon team included
- Enjoy a spa at the seven colour spa suite at the Palmar Resort
- Your hotel in Dubai is close to the shopping malls offer free shuttle bus and only a short distance to Jumeirah Beach
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.