Cable Rides in Mauritius
Duration: Half Day
The volcanic island of Mauritius is renowned for its stunning beaches and crystalline waters, but if you venture deeper inland you will see that the countryside has a unique natural beauty all of its own. Enjoy spectacular views of mountains, valleys, sugar cane fields, forests and waterfalls on this exhilarating zip-lining adventure over the Rivière des Galets in St Felix. This tour is ideal for those dreaming of action as well as relaxation on a holiday in Mauritius.
If you can drag yourself away from Mauritius’ powdery white sand beaches and breathtaking turquoise lagoons for a day, the island’s beautiful inland scenery certainly won’t disappoint you. Aside from its outstanding natural beauty, this region is particularly popular for adventure sports such as mountain biking, quad biking, horse riding and zip lining.
This excursion will take you to the Saint Felix sugar estate in South Mauritius for an exhilarating zip-lining adventure above the forest canopy. After you have been securely strapped into a safety harness at a height of 30 meters above the ground, get ready for the thrill of a lifetime. Once you are ready to leave the platform, feel the adrenaline rush as you soar like a bird above the trees, gaining a unique perspective of Mauritius’ diverse tropical landscapes.
The two-kilometre journey will take you whizzing along steel zip cables of various lengths, through lush indigenous forest and over the Rivière des Galets. There are 11 zip lines in total, the longest being 250 metres. Enjoy breathtaking views of valleys, waterfalls, river gorges, sugar fields, banana plantations and hilly mountainous peaks as you fly along the zip lines at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour.
You will stop halfway for a rest, giving you the chance to catch your breath whilst you soak up the beautiful surroundings. You won’t be able to resist taking a refreshing swim under the magnificent waterfall, which cascades into a natural river pool. Your treetop adventure continues as you take the final zip line back to the beginning, gliding high above the forest canopy once again. Look out for native wildlife on the way. This spectacular nature reserve is a haven for all sorts of exotic birds and animals.
The tour finishes with a traditional Mauritian lunch, freshly prepared with local ingredients. Popular with both adults and children, this unforgettable ride is perfect for both nature lovers and those seeking thrills and adventure in paradise.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Combine the peaceful luxury of Mauritius with the opulent excitement of Dubai
- Young travellers are invited to ignite their imagination at Le Méridien Family Kids Club
- Enjoy a therapeutic steam bath or relaxing massage in the on-site Spa in Dubai
- Enjoy a plethora of complimentary water activities in Mauritius
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Combine a relaxing Mauritius holiday at sofitel so mauritius bel ombre and Arabian luxury in exciting Dubai
Unwind and relax in the beautiful tropical paradise that is Mauritius before experiencing the many modern wonders of magical Dubai .
- Upgrade to Half board for breakfast and dinner , local drinks included soft drink, beer and rum, tea/coffee and water. drinks during dinner
- Enjoy 3nts in the vibrant city of Dubai enjoying duty free shopping
- Sofitel So Mauritius Lushury Room includes, 24 hr - butler service private garden with open air bathtub, patio and outdoor shower and complimentary WIFI
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.