Enthralling Watery Exploration
Duration: Half Day
Regarded as the “pearl of the Indian Ocean”, the idyllic island of Mauritius is the epitome of paradise. Blessed with miles of pristine white-sand beaches and sparkling emerald lagoons, it is easy to see why this beautiful country is such a popular holiday destination for beach lovers and water sport enthusiasts. Sailing, snorkeling, deep sea fishing and scuba diving are just some of the activities available here, so prepare for action and adventure both above and below the surface.
Exploring the alluring waters of the Indian Ocean is a must during your holiday in Mauritius. Above the waves, sailing is one of the most popular activities on the island. Cruise along the clear turquoise waters, past tropical islets and stunning white sandy beaches lined with palms, feeling the sun on your face and the breeze in your hair. Why not combine sailing with deep sea fishing, an exhilarating sport that will undoubtedly get you hooked. Mauritius is an angler’s paradise due to its warm tropical waters which are teeming with game fish such as marlin, swordfish, sailfish, wahoo and barracuda, as well as several species of shark.
Holidaymakers can also enjoy a number of water exciting activities beneath the waves. Swimming with dolphins is an unforgettable experience for both adults and children. Make friends with these beautiful, graceful and extremely sociable mammals and admire them as they entertain you with their playful antics.
If you want to get up close to other wildlife species inhabiting the Indian Ocean, discover the beauty and diversity of Mauritius’ undersea world through snorkeling or scuba diving. An enchanting natural aquarium awaits you as you explore the vibrant coral reefs and crystal clear lagoons. Swim amongst brightly-coloured tropical fish and other exciting sea creatures such as sharks, sea turtles, octopus, starfish, giant moray eels and spiky sea anemones.
If you fancy experiencing a more unique underwater encounter, however, take a ride on the Blue Safari Sub-Scooter. Riding the sub-scooter is similar to riding a scooter on land, except there are no wheels and you travel through the water instead. Your head and shoulders are enclosed inside a transparent glass dome, whilst the rest of your body is submerged in the water. The cupola is regularly pumped with air so you can breathe freely without a mouth regulator. This experience is ideal for non-swimmers and for those who have never scuba-dived before.
Whichever water activity you choose, you won’t be disappointed. Boasting natural beauty and endless surprises, the Mauritian lagoon never fails to impress its explorers.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Exotic Mauriitus coupled with the dazzling city of Dubai with LUX* Grand Gaube and Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Stay at the romantic hideway LUX* Grand Gaube followed by glamorous Dubai
- Staying at LUX* Grande Gaube will make your holiday memorable with the hidden treasures they have to offer you during your stay
- Pullman Jumeirah is set within a great location just a few minutes walk to the marina and close by to the metro for you to explore Dubai
- Some of the treasures are you may stumble on a secret bar where you can make your own cocktail, enjoy a classic film at the Cinema on the beach these are only a few to mention
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Combine a relaxing Mauritius holiday at sofitel so mauritius bel ombre and Arabian luxury in exciting Dubai
Unwind and relax in the beautiful tropical paradise that is Mauritius before experiencing the many modern wonders of magical Dubai .
- Upgrade to Half board for breakfast and dinner , local drinks included soft drink, beer and rum, tea/coffee and water. drinks during dinner
- Enjoy 3nts in the vibrant city of Dubai enjoying duty free shopping
- Sofitel So Mauritius Lushury Room includes, 24 hr - butler service private garden with open air bathtub, patio and outdoor shower and complimentary WIFI
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.