Enthralling Watery Exploration
Duration: Half Day
Regarded as the “pearl of the Indian Ocean”, the idyllic island of Mauritius is the epitome of paradise. Blessed with miles of pristine white-sand beaches and sparkling emerald lagoons, it is easy to see why this beautiful country is such a popular holiday destination for beach lovers and water sport enthusiasts. Sailing, snorkeling, deep sea fishing and scuba diving are just some of the activities available here, so prepare for action and adventure both above and below the surface.
Exploring the alluring waters of the Indian Ocean is a must during your holiday in Mauritius. Above the waves, sailing is one of the most popular activities on the island. Cruise along the clear turquoise waters, past tropical islets and stunning white sandy beaches lined with palms, feeling the sun on your face and the breeze in your hair. Why not combine sailing with deep sea fishing, an exhilarating sport that will undoubtedly get you hooked. Mauritius is an angler’s paradise due to its warm tropical waters which are teeming with game fish such as marlin, swordfish, sailfish, wahoo and barracuda, as well as several species of shark.
Holidaymakers can also enjoy a number of water exciting activities beneath the waves. Swimming with dolphins is an unforgettable experience for both adults and children. Make friends with these beautiful, graceful and extremely sociable mammals and admire them as they entertain you with their playful antics.
If you want to get up close to other wildlife species inhabiting the Indian Ocean, discover the beauty and diversity of Mauritius’ undersea world through snorkeling or scuba diving. An enchanting natural aquarium awaits you as you explore the vibrant coral reefs and crystal clear lagoons. Swim amongst brightly-coloured tropical fish and other exciting sea creatures such as sharks, sea turtles, octopus, starfish, giant moray eels and spiky sea anemones.
If you fancy experiencing a more unique underwater encounter, however, take a ride on the Blue Safari Sub-Scooter. Riding the sub-scooter is similar to riding a scooter on land, except there are no wheels and you travel through the water instead. Your head and shoulders are enclosed inside a transparent glass dome, whilst the rest of your body is submerged in the water. The cupola is regularly pumped with air so you can breathe freely without a mouth regulator. This experience is ideal for non-swimmers and for those who have never scuba-dived before.
Whichever water activity you choose, you won’t be disappointed. Boasting natural beauty and endless surprises, the Mauritian lagoon never fails to impress its explorers.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Combine the peaceful luxury of Mauritius with the opulent excitement of Dubai
- Young travellers are invited to ignite their imagination at Le Méridien Family Kids Club
- Enjoy a therapeutic steam bath or relaxing massage in the on-site Spa in Dubai
- Enjoy a plethora of complimentary water activities in Mauritius
Exotic Mauriitus coupled with the dazzling city of Dubai with LUX* Grand Gaube and Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Stay at the romantic hideway LUX* Grand Gaube followed by glamorous Dubai
- Staying at LUX* Grande Gaube will make your holiday memorable with the hidden treasures they have to offer you during your stay
- Pullman Jumeirah is set within a great location just a few minutes walk to the marina and close by to the metro for you to explore Dubai
- Some of the treasures are you may stumble on a secret bar where you can make your own cocktail, enjoy a classic film at the Cinema on the beach these are only a few to mention
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.