Cruise on Board the Bounty
Duration: Half Day
The paradise island of Mauritius conjures up images of sunbathing on dazzling white sandy beaches and sailing across crystal clear azure waters, and this relaxing tour off the East Coast combines the two. Step aboard the Bounty and enjoy a memorable day exploring the stunning islet of Ile aux Cerfs, a famous landmark in Mauritius. Snorkel in the warm tropical waters and discover the Grand River South East Waterfalls before enjoying Sega dancing with the crew. A holiday in Mauritius doesn’t get much better than this.
Your day will begin by setting sail on a catamaran from Belle Mare on Mauritius’ beautiful East Coast. Marvel at the breathtaking surroundings as we cruise along the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean towards the famous Grand River South East Waterfalls, which is located at the mouth of the longest river in Mauritius. Here you can join the locals as they swim and dive off the top of the waterfall into the sea below, or stop and take photos of the lush green surroundings.
We then continue onwards to the idyllic island of Ile aux Cerfs (French for Deer Island). Although there are no deer left on the island today, its rare natural beauty entices many a traveller to its shores. Set in the beautiful emerald lagoon of "Trou d'eau Douce, surrounded by coral reefs and miles of pristine white sands fringed with swaying coconut palms, this picture-perfect Robinson Crusoe island is the epitome of paradise.
Spend your time relaxing on the beaches and swimming in the crystalline lagoon waters, or grab your snorkeling gear and discover the exquisite natural treasures under the sea. An abundance of marine life can be found in the warm tropical waters of the Indian Ocean, including hundreds of brightly-coloured exotic fish swimming in and around the corals, as well as sea turtles, octopus, dolphins and many more exciting species. For the adventurous, Ile aux Cerfs is also a popular destination for water sports such as parasailing, kayaking, wind surfing and water skiing.
Before lunch, take time to explore the island and its many secluded coves. A delicious lunch of fresh fish and chicken will be served on board before we set sail back to Belle Mare, but on the way you can kick up your heels and enjoy Sega dancing with the boat crew. Part of Mauritian Folklore, the Sega is a national song and dance enjoyed by communities throughout Mauritius. Swing your hips and shuffle your feet to the rhythms of instruments such as the ravane, the maravane and the triangle. This is an experience not to be missed!
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Relax and Unwind on the beautiful sandy beaches of Mauritius followed by the duty free shopping in Dubai
- All inclusive meals, drinks and afternoon team included
- Enjoy a spa at the seven colour spa suite at the Palmar Resort
- Your hotel in Dubai is close to the shopping malls offer free shuttle bus and only a short distance to Jumeirah Beach
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The holiday you will not be able to resist - the Tamassa all-inclusive resort in Mauritius with a stay in Dubai
Imagine relaxing on the shores of the Indian Ocean's most exotic island, then exploring the jewel of the Emirates - where else than in Mauritius and Dubai
- Complete your stay with a shopping trip in luxurious 5* Dubai
- Enjoy a range of water sports including windsurfing, sailing, snorkelling & more
- Vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing at the Tamassa all-inclusive resort
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Combine the excitement and adventure of South Africa with a luxurius stay in Maritius
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius for a simply amazing tropical experience
- Experience a spectacular Ballon Safari at Mabula Game Lodge
- Capture the magic and wonder of the big five in South Africa
Combine the magic of Mauritius with futuristic Dubai at Heritage Awali and Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Two amazing destination combine to make a holiday of glamour, relaxation, luxurious touches a nd memories to last a lifetime
- Luxury relaxation framed with breath-taking surroundings
- Sensational Spa treatments & state of the art gym
- Best of both - Ultimate Mauritian pampering and relaxation coupled with the best of Dubai's shopping and entertainment
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Discover peace of mind like you've never had it before as you head out to an Indian Ocean island known for its...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Merville Beach Produced by Lux* sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
The Shangri-La Le Touessrok Resort & Spa Mauritius has announced a special collaboration with the property’s former owner and chef Jacqueline Dalais. The resort is named after the island of Touessrok in Brittany, France, and to celebrate its heritage a new five-course menu has been launched which reinvents the traditional dishes Jacqueline Dalais used to serve to her special guests, including Princess Anne.
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.