Cruise on Board the Bounty
Duration: Half Day
The paradise island of Mauritius conjures up images of sunbathing on dazzling white sandy beaches and sailing across crystal clear azure waters, and this relaxing tour off the East Coast combines the two. Step aboard the Bounty and enjoy a memorable day exploring the stunning islet of Ile aux Cerfs, a famous landmark in Mauritius. Snorkel in the warm tropical waters and discover the Grand River South East Waterfalls before enjoying Sega dancing with the crew. A holiday in Mauritius doesn’t get much better than this.
Your day will begin by setting sail on a catamaran from Belle Mare on Mauritius’ beautiful East Coast. Marvel at the breathtaking surroundings as we cruise along the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean towards the famous Grand River South East Waterfalls, which is located at the mouth of the longest river in Mauritius. Here you can join the locals as they swim and dive off the top of the waterfall into the sea below, or stop and take photos of the lush green surroundings.
We then continue onwards to the idyllic island of Ile aux Cerfs (French for Deer Island). Although there are no deer left on the island today, its rare natural beauty entices many a traveller to its shores. Set in the beautiful emerald lagoon of "Trou d'eau Douce, surrounded by coral reefs and miles of pristine white sands fringed with swaying coconut palms, this picture-perfect Robinson Crusoe island is the epitome of paradise.
Spend your time relaxing on the beaches and swimming in the crystalline lagoon waters, or grab your snorkeling gear and discover the exquisite natural treasures under the sea. An abundance of marine life can be found in the warm tropical waters of the Indian Ocean, including hundreds of brightly-coloured exotic fish swimming in and around the corals, as well as sea turtles, octopus, dolphins and many more exciting species. For the adventurous, Ile aux Cerfs is also a popular destination for water sports such as parasailing, kayaking, wind surfing and water skiing.
Before lunch, take time to explore the island and its many secluded coves. A delicious lunch of fresh fish and chicken will be served on board before we set sail back to Belle Mare, but on the way you can kick up your heels and enjoy Sega dancing with the boat crew. Part of Mauritian Folklore, the Sega is a national song and dance enjoyed by communities throughout Mauritius. Swing your hips and shuffle your feet to the rhythms of instruments such as the ravane, the maravane and the triangle. This is an experience not to be missed!
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Enjoy the best of both worlds - tranquil Mauritius at Recif Atitudein combined with vibrant and never sleeping Dubai
Admire beautiful Pointe aux Piments sunsets and relax on a white sandy beach in the friendly Récif Attitude hotel and explore the wonders of Dubai including one of the most famous shopping malls - The Mall of the Emirates
- Early Check in and Late Check out Guaranteed along with Dine Around at Recif Attitude
- The Mall of the Emirates is just few minutes walk away from the Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha
- Recif Attitude, an adults only hotel, is a perfect choice for couples, friends or newly-weds to relax and unwind in its calm and friendly atmosphere
Relax and Unwind on the beautiful sandy beaches of Mauritius followed by the duty free shopping in Dubai
- All inclusive meals, drinks and afternoon team included
- Enjoy a spa at the seven colour spa suite at the Palmar Resort
- Your hotel in Dubai is close to the shopping malls offer free shuttle bus and only a short distance to Jumeirah Beach
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.