Duration: Half Day
Discover Mauritius´most sacred natural sanctuary in this full day excursion across the wonders of L´Etoile Nature Reserve. Mauritius being a naturally rich island, it accounts with some of the most dramatic tropical landscapes in the Indian Ocean and its many varying sceneries are a true treat for visitor´s eyes. And all of this could only be witnessed and fully appreciated on our unique tour through this incredible natural reserve.
The adventure will be starting with a short drive from your hotel to the stunning L´Etoile grounds, stretching across a spectacular 3500 hectare estate with the most breathtaking panoramic views. Located on Mauritius ´eastern coast this natural sanctuary promising exclusive and magical encounters with the purest of nature, is the island´s best kept secret. Here you can choose from a variety of ways to explore these lush hills. Walk along nature trails, discover the scenery on horseback or engage in the most popular activity of exploring these lush grounds on a quad bike. You could be quad biking along L´Etoile´s most scenic paths with a leading guide that will show you around this magnificent estate.
Admire the splendor of this boundless valley of lush green rolling hills, crystalline rivers and ponds and indigenous wood with its abundant varieties of plants and trees. Marvel at the lively inhabitants of this protected area where java deer and wild boar roam freely among other forms of wildlife. Discover the grandeur of the surrounding stunning vistas and embark on a unique three hour safari to discover the unique flora and fauna that can only be discovered here at Domaine L´Etoile.
After your safari journey you will be enjoying a typical Mauritian buffet lunch amidst a harmonious blend of thatched roofs, a coy décor of wood and stones against the calmness of a lush green background. And after you´ve savoured this delicious meal you have the free choice of selecting between a range of fabulous recreational activities. You can choose to engage in some relaxing archery if you have a passion for this sport or if it´s something you want to try your hand at. Alternatively you could visit the Vanilla Gallery or take a leisure walk along the river that flows across this marvelous estate.
The dream of all eco-tourists, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get in touch with the most idyllic surroundings in a protected area where the beauties you will encounter will simply astound you. So make sure to bring along your camera for the most breathtaking photo opportunities you could imagine and capture the pleasant calmness of this valley in some priceless snapshots …A trip to truly get lost in a natural and boundless paradise!
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Combine the peaceful luxury of Mauritius with the opulent excitement of Dubai
- Young travellers are invited to ignite their imagination at Le Méridien Family Kids Club
- Enjoy a therapeutic steam bath or relaxing massage in the on-site Spa in Dubai
- Enjoy a plethora of complimentary water activities in Mauritius
Combine a relaxing break in the heart of the Indian Ocean at outrigger mauritius resort and spa with a shopping trip in Dubai
The two resorts offer the best of both worlds set in idyllic locations whether you chose a relaxing or more active holiday, with amazing activities and facilities to match
- The Outrigger Resort offers amazing facilities with three swimming pools, a vast array of sports on offer and The Navasana Spa providing an opportunity to relax and unwind
- The Asiana offer a unique experience with the best in oriental hospitality with added Arabian luxury with a clam and inviting atmosphere
- An idyllic holiday blend - the tropical island of Mauritius and the modern city of Dubai
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.