Duration: Half Day
So you have explored all of St. Lucia; land and sea and you are wondering what to do with the time you have left. Well you might as well visit other Caribbean islands as long as you are there! Located just north of St. Lucia, the French speaking island of Martinique is only a boat ride away. Come and discover why the island is called the ‘Paris of the Caribbean’ or ‘The Island of Flowers’. The ‘Flying Ray’ which is a 60ft power catamaran will be your mode of transport for the day. Enjoy just about an hour and a half journey riding across the Caribbean Sea watching the image of St. Lucia gradually fading as the shoreline of Martinique emerges in the horizon.
Disembark in Fort de France which offers great shopping as well as sight-seeing opportunities. French luxury imports are available; Vuitton luggage, Lalique crystal, Limoges dinnerware, liqueurs, French perfumes and designer clothing. Pay in Euros which you can exchange at a local bank. Benefit from Duty free shopping in this charming town, Fort de France which is a slice of France blended with the livelihood of the Caribbean. Islanders wear Paris fashion, eat baguettes and croissants at the corner patisserie yet they possess a culture of their own firmly based on West Indian traditions.
Within a few minutes’ walk from the port there are various monuments and landmarks to be seen. At the heart of Fort de France is La Savane, a lovely park adorned by trees and fountains. Along the east side of La Savane there is the historic site of Fort Saint Louis. Wander at your leisure to also discover La Bibliotheque Schoelcher. This outrageously elaborate Romanesque public library was designed by the architect Henri Picq, fabricated in Paris and transported to Martinique. Equally interesting is the Romanesque Cathedrale Saint Louis which was built in 1878. Close to the harbor there is also a marketplace where souvenirs, local crafts and spices are sold.
Rejoin the Flying Ray to cross the Baie de Fort de France to Anse Noire. Enjoy a delicious barbeque lunch onboard and have the opportunity to spot dolphins, sea turtles or a school of flying fish as they gracefully glide across the Caribbean Sea. Beaches are simply amazing to swim, snorkel or to just laze about, getting that tan you may have longed for. This excursion is definitely for the fun lovers ready for new adventures and entertainment. All transfers and departure taxes from St. Lucia and Martinique are included in the price and all beverages are available on board at the boat. Your passport information will be required before 12 noon on the day preceding the tour.
Please note: Bring along your sun tan lotion, cameras, towels, a change of clothing and some cash for souvenirs.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- With Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa you have access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
St Lucia Tourism Authority has revamped its online travel agent training program to simplify the structure and create a go-to information hub for destination sales and marketing. The Saint Lucia Expert program includes new modules on niche holiday types and fresh incentives for selling the Caribbean island.
Welcoming summer in style, the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority has just launched the Summer of Discovery campaign, giving holidaymakers amazing opportunities to save on a St Lucia holiday with discounts of up to 65 per cent on hotel bookings and a competition that will give travellers the chance to win $10,000 (£7,500)!
The luxurious Cap Maison in St Lucia will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and to mark the occasion, the resort has created four exclusive drinks. Using local ingredients, the resort has produced an exclusive ale, rum, rum punch and red wine. In October, the luxurious resort will host a special three-day event to celebrate a decade in business.