Duration: Half Day
So you have explored all of St. Lucia; land and sea and you are wondering what to do with the time you have left. Well you might as well visit other Caribbean islands as long as you are there! Located just north of St. Lucia, the French speaking island of Martinique is only a boat ride away. Come and discover why the island is called the ‘Paris of the Caribbean’ or ‘The Island of Flowers’. The ‘Flying Ray’ which is a 60ft power catamaran will be your mode of transport for the day. Enjoy just about an hour and a half journey riding across the Caribbean Sea watching the image of St. Lucia gradually fading as the shoreline of Martinique emerges in the horizon.
Disembark in Fort de France which offers great shopping as well as sight-seeing opportunities. French luxury imports are available; Vuitton luggage, Lalique crystal, Limoges dinnerware, liqueurs, French perfumes and designer clothing. Pay in Euros which you can exchange at a local bank. Benefit from Duty free shopping in this charming town, Fort de France which is a slice of France blended with the livelihood of the Caribbean. Islanders wear Paris fashion, eat baguettes and croissants at the corner patisserie yet they possess a culture of their own firmly based on West Indian traditions.
Within a few minutes’ walk from the port there are various monuments and landmarks to be seen. At the heart of Fort de France is La Savane, a lovely park adorned by trees and fountains. Along the east side of La Savane there is the historic site of Fort Saint Louis. Wander at your leisure to also discover La Bibliotheque Schoelcher. This outrageously elaborate Romanesque public library was designed by the architect Henri Picq, fabricated in Paris and transported to Martinique. Equally interesting is the Romanesque Cathedrale Saint Louis which was built in 1878. Close to the harbor there is also a marketplace where souvenirs, local crafts and spices are sold.
Rejoin the Flying Ray to cross the Baie de Fort de France to Anse Noire. Enjoy a delicious barbeque lunch onboard and have the opportunity to spot dolphins, sea turtles or a school of flying fish as they gracefully glide across the Caribbean Sea. Beaches are simply amazing to swim, snorkel or to just laze about, getting that tan you may have longed for. This excursion is definitely for the fun lovers ready for new adventures and entertainment. All transfers and departure taxes from St. Lucia and Martinique are included in the price and all beverages are available on board at the boat. Your passport information will be required before 12 noon on the day preceding the tour.
Please note: Bring along your sun tan lotion, cameras, towels, a change of clothing and some cash for souvenirs.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
St Lucia offers a combination of high mountains, lush forests, and pristine beaches. Its bustling capital Castries, sits...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.