Duration: Half Day
So you have explored all of St. Lucia; land and sea and you are wondering what to do with the time you have left. Well you might as well visit other Caribbean islands as long as you are there! Located just north of St. Lucia, the French speaking island of Martinique is only a boat ride away. Come and discover why the island is called the ‘Paris of the Caribbean’ or ‘The Island of Flowers’. The ‘Flying Ray’ which is a 60ft power catamaran will be your mode of transport for the day. Enjoy just about an hour and a half journey riding across the Caribbean Sea watching the image of St. Lucia gradually fading as the shoreline of Martinique emerges in the horizon.
Disembark in Fort de France which offers great shopping as well as sight-seeing opportunities. French luxury imports are available; Vuitton luggage, Lalique crystal, Limoges dinnerware, liqueurs, French perfumes and designer clothing. Pay in Euros which you can exchange at a local bank. Benefit from Duty free shopping in this charming town, Fort de France which is a slice of France blended with the livelihood of the Caribbean. Islanders wear Paris fashion, eat baguettes and croissants at the corner patisserie yet they possess a culture of their own firmly based on West Indian traditions.
Within a few minutes’ walk from the port there are various monuments and landmarks to be seen. At the heart of Fort de France is La Savane, a lovely park adorned by trees and fountains. Along the east side of La Savane there is the historic site of Fort Saint Louis. Wander at your leisure to also discover La Bibliotheque Schoelcher. This outrageously elaborate Romanesque public library was designed by the architect Henri Picq, fabricated in Paris and transported to Martinique. Equally interesting is the Romanesque Cathedrale Saint Louis which was built in 1878. Close to the harbor there is also a marketplace where souvenirs, local crafts and spices are sold.
Rejoin the Flying Ray to cross the Baie de Fort de France to Anse Noire. Enjoy a delicious barbeque lunch onboard and have the opportunity to spot dolphins, sea turtles or a school of flying fish as they gracefully glide across the Caribbean Sea. Beaches are simply amazing to swim, snorkel or to just laze about, getting that tan you may have longed for. This excursion is definitely for the fun lovers ready for new adventures and entertainment. All transfers and departure taxes from St. Lucia and Martinique are included in the price and all beverages are available on board at the boat. Your passport information will be required before 12 noon on the day preceding the tour.
Please note: Bring along your sun tan lotion, cameras, towels, a change of clothing and some cash for souvenirs.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Creating an airy outdoor feel and incorporating flashes of Caribbean colour
- Experience one of the many sight seeing tours where you can discover st. lucia at its most beautiful
- Adventure trips both on land and at sea to suit every taste and requirement at cap maison
- discover nature like never before with an amazing holiday experience in Ladera resort
Stay close to the Island's vibrant and popular resorts with this twin centre holiday
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
The Blu St Lucia is an oasis of calm nestled between Reduit Beach and Rodney Bay Village. This hotel offers the perfect...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
First, make the most of the harmonious blend of luxury, tranquillity and seclusion that surrounds and characterises the...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Caribbean boutique hideaway Cap Maison, on the northern tip of St Lucia, will host a range of festive events for guests over the Christmas and New Year period, including a special hog roast on the beach, a gourmet Christmas dinner, a Boxing Day lobster grill and New Year’s Eve festivities.
Luxury all-inclusive resort Windjammer Landing Villa Beach on the northern coast of St Lucia has undergone a multi-million pound revamp and expansion, adding a set of new villas to the north of the resort and refreshing the existing villas and grounds with new features and updated decor.
Ritz-Carlton has announced that it will open a brand-new luxury resort in St Lucia in 2021, after signing a management agreement with Range Developments. The resort will have 180 guest rooms and suites, swimming pools, a spa, restaurants, meeting space, and it will be part of the Black May Master Development on the southern tip of the Caribbean island.