Duration: Half Day
The landscape and ecology St. Lucia possesses is of stunning beauty so the island’s pride in its natural resources is understandable and evident through ongoing protection and conservation efforts. Have the opportunity to experience an island rich with natural blessings on this Rainforest Wonder excursion.
This tour appeals to bird watching lovers and hikers who can endure a strenuous journey and in general is ideal for all nature lovers as we take into the heart of St. Lucia’s mountainous interior. Holidaymakers will be rewarded with hiking along lush forest trails, indulging in fantastic bird watching and swimming the island’s freshwater pools and streams.
Experience a real off-road journey through the outskirts of the forest in an open back jeep that offers you the chance to absorb the sunlight, cool breezes and capture the many scenic views of this tropical environment. We disembark at Soufriere to begin the hike through the rainforest. The EnBas Saut trail is approximately 4km nested in 19,000 acres of the Central Rainforest Reserve.
Trek through these lush mountains and valleys filled with giant ferns, towering bamboos, fragrant blossoming flowers and exotic fruits. Discover rare species of flora and fauna in its natural habitat. Some species are endemic to St. Lucia like the rare St. Lucia Whiptail lizard and the St. Lucia Parrot. As a result of the work done by the St. Lucia Parrot Project, the St. Lucia Parrot, which is an endangered species, has been able to make a gradual comeback in this region.
At the foot of Mount Gimie, St Lucia’s highest mountain peak standing at 3,117 feet, just 6 miles east of Soufriere you will see Les Pitons in all their glory. These twin peaks, Gros Piton and Petite Piton, are St. Lucia’s most famous landmarks. EnBas Saut when translated into English means ‘below the falls’ hence the trail is famous for its two cascading waterfalls and pools at the head of the Troumasse River. Cool off with a refreshing swim in this tranquil place.
Become intoxicated by nature’s stunning beauty and soothing calmness. After you are rejuvenated we will return to the jeep along an uphill route through a gorgeous citrus grove and a splendid anthurium lily patch. But before rejoining the jeep to return to your hotel you will enjoy a delicious lunch.
Please note: Bring along swimwear, sunscreen, beachwear and cameras. Not for those who are not physically fit or suffer from serious heart ailments.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Creating an airy outdoor feel and incorporating flashes of Caribbean colour
- Experience one of the many sight seeing tours where you can discover st. lucia at its most beautiful
- Adventure trips both on land and at sea to suit every taste and requirement at cap maison
- discover nature like never before with an amazing holiday experience in Ladera resort
Stay close to the Island's vibrant and popular resorts with this twin centre holiday
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
The romantic Sandals Grande St Lucian Beach Resort and Spa is set on a narrow peninsula that juts out into the sea. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
First, make the most of the harmonious blend of luxury, tranquillity and seclusion that surrounds and characterises the...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Caribbean boutique hideaway Cap Maison, on the northern tip of St Lucia, will host a range of festive events for guests over the Christmas and New Year period, including a special hog roast on the beach, a gourmet Christmas dinner, a Boxing Day lobster grill and New Year’s Eve festivities.
Luxury all-inclusive resort Windjammer Landing Villa Beach on the northern coast of St Lucia has undergone a multi-million pound revamp and expansion, adding a set of new villas to the north of the resort and refreshing the existing villas and grounds with new features and updated decor.
Ritz-Carlton has announced that it will open a brand-new luxury resort in St Lucia in 2021, after signing a management agreement with Range Developments. The resort will have 180 guest rooms and suites, swimming pools, a spa, restaurants, meeting space, and it will be part of the Black May Master Development on the southern tip of the Caribbean island.