Catamaran Day Sail
Duration: Half Day
If you are the type of vacationer that always goes on road explorations and is now seeking some type of alternative then consider the Catamaran Day Sail. The island of St. Lucia has much more to offer you with the option of exploring the island’s stunning coastline by boat. The beautiful Catamaran will take you along the west coast of St. Lucia where you will view many caves, inlets and other characteristics of this scenic coastline. Just imagine trying to get this view from a vehicle on land! Feel relaxed aboard this lovely Catamaran as it sails on the calm crystal clear waters of the Caribbean Sea.
We shall disembark at the delightful town of Soufriere and hop into waiting buses that will take you to two of St. Lucia’s most fabulous natural attractions. On your journey you will view the Piton Mountains; these ancient twin peaks proudly standing over 2,500 feet are the island most famous landmark.
The first stop is at the Sulphur Springs (volcano) which is the only drive-in volcano in the world! The volcano is presently dormant, its last eruption taking place in the late 1700’s leaving its only remaining activity as the steaming pools and boiling mud and bubbling water. There is also a very strong aroma that emanates from the Sulphur Springs. However, the fact that you can get this scent is a good thing because if it goes away this indicates that there is going to be a volcanic eruption. The water from this volcano is known to possess therapeutic qualities as sulphur has long been recognised as being helpful in the treatment of sinusitis, arthritis and skin problems.
The expedition continues onto the Diamond Botanical Gardens where you have the pleasure of viewing a variety of tropical plant species such as, Hibiscus, Ixora, Heliconias, Anthuriums, Orchids, and the magnificent Balisier. Finally discover the splendor of the alluring Diamond Waterfalls in the midst of the gardens. Learn about the historic significance of these majestic falls that where once in use by the troops of France’s Louis XVI. Today it is still possible to have an invigorating bath under the cascading water.
Have lunch at a spectacular restaurant where you will enjoy hot and tasty Creole food. We embark the boat again for a sail up along the west coastline. The beaches here are ideal for swimming and the glorious golden sand beaches, translucent waters and stunning views are enough to lure you in, so for your delight we shall sail into the gorgeous Marigot Bay where you will be able to have a swim and just relax before returning to the dock. The bus will be waiting to return you to your hotel after this day of enriching activities.
Please note: Bring along swimwear, beach towels, sunscreen and of course cameras!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
St Lucia offers a combination of high mountains, lush forests, and pristine beaches. Its bustling capital Castries, sits...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.