Historical Pigeon Island
Duration: Half Day
For all lovers of adventure and those that fall in love with the idea of conquering new virtually untouched islands this will be the tour to offer you it all with an added touch of history. Pigeon Island also hosts St Lucia’s annual Jazz Festival and is the pride of all St Lucians!
Pigeon Island is a paradisiacal 40 acre islet connected to St Lucia’s West Coast by a causeway through which you will be driving in order to reach these inspiring grounds. This little islet stands as a true St Lucian entity, encircling more than a thousand years of historical value. This national landmark has marked walking trails with a number of historical sites such as the incredible remains of an 18th century British fort and the famous fort Rodney, where the Admiral for which this place was named after famously spied on the French ships from this strategic viewpoint.
On our tour across Pigeon Island you will be escorted by our expert guides to take part in this adventure and walk across this living museum within this incredible natural setting. You will have the opportunity to explore the imposing Fort Rodney and the nearby Signal Hill, rising 319 ft. above sea level and offering a spectacular view against the landscape.
One of the highlights of this tour will be visiting Pigeon Island Museum & Interpretive Centre, a unique place displaying the island’s history with its rich exhibits and Arawak artifacts that were used during the enraged battle between the French and the British with the purpose of gaining control of this idyllic island. This fascinating museum is housed in a landmark former British officers’ building that was restored in 1808 to its original elegance. Through the use of interactive audio and visual aids visitors will learn about the first Amerindians inhabitants and the role St Lucia played in the many French/British battles that took place during colonisation. But the most enticing highlight of this museum is seeing Admiral Rodney’s victory in 1782 at the famous “Battle of Saints”. In short, this museum masterfully documents the island’s colonial period with a decided slant towards British victories against the French.
But a brush with history is not all you’ll be getting…there is also time for relaxation at one of the island’s two magnificent secluded beaches. Your return will be along the same route and will include some refreshing tropical drinks and dip in these calm beach waters, a last and pleasant activity before your return to the hotel. Come along with us in this fabulous tour and enjoy a day of historical encounters topped with the most idyllic surroundings in this practically deserted island!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.