Whale Watching and Dolphin Spotting
Duration: Half Day
For the most exhilarating and inspirational of all adventures join us in this unique tour and surrender to the extraordinary opportunity of watching wild whales and dolphins swimming freely at open sea! Experience this once in a lifetime encounter with one of the sea’s most tantalizing creatures and come aboard for what could be one of the most of your life!
Like the Dominican Republic, St Lucia’s waters enjoy the unique privilege of being regularly visited by some peculiar mammals whose grandeur and intelligence have dazzled and enchanted humanity. The most common ones seen by boat all year-round are various dolphins, especially spinner and pan tropical spotted, happily swimming about 2-3 miles offshore. The sight of these wonderful animals in their natural habitats, whether they are found feeding, mating, frolicking with their calves or just cooling off and making the occasional splash, their lively activities are always a mesmerising spectacle to witness.
Up to today’s date more than 25 varieties of whales have been spotted in St Lucian waters, each having its own unique peculiarities and fascination. The most frequently sighted whales are the ones belonging to the Sperm specie with 45 ft. in length, the charming Pilot being 20 ft. large and the biggest of all, the Humpback whale spreading to a size of 60 ft!
We also occasionally come across large pods of dolphins sometimes even as many as 150 at a time! These puzzling creatures entertain us with their spectacular and vivacious antics. The ones that most frequently visit us are the Common, the Fraser, the Striped, the Spotted…and our favorite one: the Spinner which is often seen leaping joyfully several yards into the air whilst spinning as much as 7 times!
In our boats we have installed a hydrophone, a device that enables us to hear the sound that whales and dolphins emit in order to communicate with each other. Listen to the many squeals, grunts and screams and the harmonious wailing sounds emanating from the singing Humpback Whale whose delightful song can be heard for several miles around!
Us being members of the St Lucia Whale Watching Association means we strictly follow all the international whale watching rules to ensure the safety of the mammals and the maximum enjoyment of our guests. Don’t miss this most thrilling of all experiences during your St Lucia holidays and take our wonderful whale watching tour! A Watch safari with us at open sea is a definite must do for all animal lovers!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Experience the best of two stunning locations within the Caribbean where you will be able to relax, unwind, and...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Getting spruced up ahead of its 30th birthday, The BodyHoliday in St Lucia has announced a complete overhaul to its facilities after undergoing a $20 million refurbishment. The property, famous for its focus on the mental and physical well-being of its guests will be closing its doors in July and August to receive a complete makeover that will include room upgrades, new eco-friendly touches and updates to its wellness centre.
The amateur swimmer from Nebraska, Molly Nance accomplished a remarkable feat last week when she swam the 21 miles that connect the St. Lucia Channel to a beach in Martinique. Supported by her husband and a team of 11 passengers, the 52-year-old managed to traverse the channel in just 14 hours, giving way to the inauguration of a new national event, the St. Lucia Channel Swim.
The St Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) will launch its biggest ever interactive summer promotion next week. The St Lucia Summer of Discovery promotion will allow giving one visitor the chance to win $10,000 when they visit the Caribbean island this summer. Tourists can visit and interact at 25 sites and attractions chosen by the Tourism Authority to be in with a chance of winning.