Duration: Half Day
Are you one of the true nature loving people out there? Would you love to explore a mountainous interior and be absorbed by lush green forests where several plants and animal species thrive joyously in their natural habitat? Then come to St. Lucia, one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean; a unique island that has the most mountainous interior of the West Indies.
St. Lucia is an island that offers much more than sun, sea and sand. Within St. Lucia’s interior lies 19,000 acres of rainforest with 29 miles of trails that run directly through the forest. This excursion will take you deep into the heart of the island’s thriving forest; a wondrous place of a beauty and tranquility that can invigorate anyone. The warm tropical climate will embrace you as we take a scenic journey to the forest.
Upon arrival you will meet our friendly and knowledgeable forestry guide who will lead you on this wonderful walk as well as inform you about all the majestic qualities hidden in the St. Lucian forest interior. You will learn about the trees, flowers and animals that you will encounter during our stroll. Gain awareness of the local and scientific names and enjoy the recounts of amusing tales given by the guides.
Warm gentle rains and rich volcanic soils nurture the St. Lucian rainforest. Hike through this magnificent interior among man-sized ferns and giant trees. As you trek deeper into the greenery a broad canopy of leaves stretches overhead obscuring the sky and you can feel the cool calm that the forest emanates.
Massive Chatannier, Gommier and Blue Ma Haut trees tower over the landscape. Various species of lichen intricately wind their way up yards of large tree trunks and orchids and bromeliads grow from the huge trunks of ancient trees. Wild anthurium lilies, wild nutmeg and outwardly never-ending species of flora and fauna will captivate you on this inspiring walk where dense vegetation merges with cascades of flowers.
You will be privileged to share the enchanting and natural sanctuary with birds such as the Mangrove Cuckoo and the Black Finch or even to treasure the sight and sounds of the elusive “St. Lucian Parrot”. Hear the Warbler’s melodic call and the Hummingbirds’ buzz. Be awestruck by the view of a Boa Constrictor lying in cool indifference wrapped around a tree trunk.
Discover a whole new world in St. Lucia; one of the Caribbean’s finest destinations for hiking and bird watching where flowers bloom with shameless abundance. This unique opportunity to explore a spot of the island’s ecological system will make you wish you brought your binoculars and camera so don’t forget them behind!
Please note: Comfortable closed-toe footwear is recommended.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
St Lucia offers a combination of high mountains, lush forests, and pristine beaches. Its bustling capital Castries, sits...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.