Duration: Half Day
Are you one of the true nature loving people out there? Would you love to explore a mountainous interior and be absorbed by lush green forests where several plants and animal species thrive joyously in their natural habitat? Then come to St. Lucia, one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean; a unique island that has the most mountainous interior of the West Indies.
St. Lucia is an island that offers much more than sun, sea and sand. Within St. Lucia’s interior lies 19,000 acres of rainforest with 29 miles of trails that run directly through the forest. This excursion will take you deep into the heart of the island’s thriving forest; a wondrous place of a beauty and tranquility that can invigorate anyone. The warm tropical climate will embrace you as we take a scenic journey to the forest.
Upon arrival you will meet our friendly and knowledgeable forestry guide who will lead you on this wonderful walk as well as inform you about all the majestic qualities hidden in the St. Lucian forest interior. You will learn about the trees, flowers and animals that you will encounter during our stroll. Gain awareness of the local and scientific names and enjoy the recounts of amusing tales given by the guides.
Warm gentle rains and rich volcanic soils nurture the St. Lucian rainforest. Hike through this magnificent interior among man-sized ferns and giant trees. As you trek deeper into the greenery a broad canopy of leaves stretches overhead obscuring the sky and you can feel the cool calm that the forest emanates.
Massive Chatannier, Gommier and Blue Ma Haut trees tower over the landscape. Various species of lichen intricately wind their way up yards of large tree trunks and orchids and bromeliads grow from the huge trunks of ancient trees. Wild anthurium lilies, wild nutmeg and outwardly never-ending species of flora and fauna will captivate you on this inspiring walk where dense vegetation merges with cascades of flowers.
You will be privileged to share the enchanting and natural sanctuary with birds such as the Mangrove Cuckoo and the Black Finch or even to treasure the sight and sounds of the elusive “St. Lucian Parrot”. Hear the Warbler’s melodic call and the Hummingbirds’ buzz. Be awestruck by the view of a Boa Constrictor lying in cool indifference wrapped around a tree trunk.
Discover a whole new world in St. Lucia; one of the Caribbean’s finest destinations for hiking and bird watching where flowers bloom with shameless abundance. This unique opportunity to explore a spot of the island’s ecological system will make you wish you brought your binoculars and camera so don’t forget them behind!
Please note: Comfortable closed-toe footwear is recommended.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Guests at the Bay Gardens Resort in St Lucia (and its sister property Bay Gardens Hotel and Inn) now enjoy free access to Splash Island Water Park on Reduit Beach, the Caribbean's first floating water park on the open sea and one of the island's most popular attractions.
Magazine Marie Claire recently compiled the must-see and must-do activities on the island of Saint Lucia. An easy flight from the US, the island's compact size makes it a great choice for a weekend getaway.
As carnival season began to unfold last week, July is proving quite the successful month for St Lucia's tourism industry and hotels are reaping the benefits after reporting packed rooms. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority worked hard this year to promote the island's summer festival at a global level, a move that has been a resounding success with record-high occupational levels for this time of year.