Grande Bois Waterfall and River Adventure
Duration: Half Day
St Lucia is the romantic idyll of the Caribbean islands; offering the ambiance for utmost relaxation, with its white sandy beaches, secluded bays and a plethora of exquisite resorts prepared to cater to you every whim; it is no surprise that St. Lucia is now one of the most popular honeymoon destinations worldwide. If you fancy a honeymoon which provides more outdoor adventure, then the Grande Bois Water and River excursion might just be the thing for you. However, whether you are on a honeymoon or not this tour is for the active vacationer who enjoys bird watching, hiking and finding extraordinary ways to enjoy their free time.
This 6 hour interactive excursion offers an adventurous journey to a remote 350 acre rainforest estate. Grand Bois forest is situated south of the popular and charming fishing village of Anse Le Raye and north of the intriguing Mt Soufriere. Enjoy a 2 hour scenic drive in comfortable air-conditioned transport. You will be driven across the countryside towards the mountainous interior of St. Lucia. Warm friendly faces will greet you along the way. Spectacular scenery is ever present as you climb to the fringes of the rainforest before arriving at the western edge of the ‘Grande Bois’ Estate which means ‘large forest’.
The hike will be professionally guided passing through a forest path giving you an up close interaction with the atmospheric rainforest terrain and wildlife. Trek under tall hardwood trees, climbing vines or among exotic flowers as you walk along paths strewn with tiny bromeliads, wild orchids and mushrooms. Also see gigantic tree ferns which probably contain the largest fern leaves you may see in your lifetime. Among the company of rare birds such as, the Hummingbirds, St. Lucia Black Finches, Warbles, the Mountain Whistler, Blue Hooded Euphonia and the St. Lucia Orivle be sure to bring your camera to capture unique images of these birds freely co-existing in the natural habitat. You may even be able to capture the elusive St, Lucian Parrot also known as the Jacquot parrot (St. Lucia’s National emblem).
This undulating trail is along a beautiful meandering river possessing a series of fresh pools which eventually all lead to a majestic waterfall. Take a rest on the banks of the river or have a refreshing swim in these crystal clear waters. Sample tropical fruits and vegetables as your guide adds to your enlightenment trough a revelation of the intricacies of St. Lucian life; Creole food and the methods of cooking. Who knows maybe you can learn new recipes! After spending an exhilarating with Mother Nature, return along the pathway to the waiting vehicle which will take you back to your hotel. This is certainly an outdoor enthusiasts’ dream.
Please note: This is not an excursion for those who suffer from heart conditions or serious back ailments, those who are pregnant or are not physically fit. The walk is over a meandering uneven terrain.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
St Lucia Tourism Authority has revamped its online travel agent training program to simplify the structure and create a go-to information hub for destination sales and marketing. The Saint Lucia Expert program includes new modules on niche holiday types and fresh incentives for selling the Caribbean island.
Welcoming summer in style, the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority has just launched the Summer of Discovery campaign, giving holidaymakers amazing opportunities to save on a St Lucia holiday with discounts of up to 65 per cent on hotel bookings and a competition that will give travellers the chance to win $10,000 (£7,500)!
The luxurious Cap Maison in St Lucia will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and to mark the occasion, the resort has created four exclusive drinks. Using local ingredients, the resort has produced an exclusive ale, rum, rum punch and red wine. In October, the luxurious resort will host a special three-day event to celebrate a decade in business.