Grande Bois Waterfall and River Adventure
Duration: Half Day
St Lucia is the romantic idyll of the Caribbean islands; offering the ambiance for utmost relaxation, with its white sandy beaches, secluded bays and a plethora of exquisite resorts prepared to cater to you every whim; it is no surprise that St. Lucia is now one of the most popular honeymoon destinations worldwide. If you fancy a honeymoon which provides more outdoor adventure, then the Grande Bois Water and River excursion might just be the thing for you. However, whether you are on a honeymoon or not this tour is for the active vacationer who enjoys bird watching, hiking and finding extraordinary ways to enjoy their free time.
This 6 hour interactive excursion offers an adventurous journey to a remote 350 acre rainforest estate. Grand Bois forest is situated south of the popular and charming fishing village of Anse Le Raye and north of the intriguing Mt Soufriere. Enjoy a 2 hour scenic drive in comfortable air-conditioned transport. You will be driven across the countryside towards the mountainous interior of St. Lucia. Warm friendly faces will greet you along the way. Spectacular scenery is ever present as you climb to the fringes of the rainforest before arriving at the western edge of the ‘Grande Bois’ Estate which means ‘large forest’.
The hike will be professionally guided passing through a forest path giving you an up close interaction with the atmospheric rainforest terrain and wildlife. Trek under tall hardwood trees, climbing vines or among exotic flowers as you walk along paths strewn with tiny bromeliads, wild orchids and mushrooms. Also see gigantic tree ferns which probably contain the largest fern leaves you may see in your lifetime. Among the company of rare birds such as, the Hummingbirds, St. Lucia Black Finches, Warbles, the Mountain Whistler, Blue Hooded Euphonia and the St. Lucia Orivle be sure to bring your camera to capture unique images of these birds freely co-existing in the natural habitat. You may even be able to capture the elusive St, Lucian Parrot also known as the Jacquot parrot (St. Lucia’s National emblem).
This undulating trail is along a beautiful meandering river possessing a series of fresh pools which eventually all lead to a majestic waterfall. Take a rest on the banks of the river or have a refreshing swim in these crystal clear waters. Sample tropical fruits and vegetables as your guide adds to your enlightenment trough a revelation of the intricacies of St. Lucian life; Creole food and the methods of cooking. Who knows maybe you can learn new recipes! After spending an exhilarating with Mother Nature, return along the pathway to the waiting vehicle which will take you back to your hotel. This is certainly an outdoor enthusiasts’ dream.
Please note: This is not an excursion for those who suffer from heart conditions or serious back ailments, those who are pregnant or are not physically fit. The walk is over a meandering uneven terrain.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.