Duration: Half Day
On the way to Castries, the capital of St. Lucia, you will have pleasure of viewing the scenic eastern coastline of the island, where the Atlantic Ocean skilfully carves formations out of the mainland. Drive along the outskirts of the rainforest through vast banana and coconut plantations against a backdrop of clear blue skies. Enroute to our first destination, Castries, you will pass through the picturesque villages of Micoud and Dennery.
The main shopping areas on the island are located at Castries, the most popular being, Point Seraphine. This attractive and modern shopping complex is situated on the harbour front with a charming Spanish colonial style. Point Seraphine consists of over 30 Duty Free shops including fine international stores like the ever popular Colombian Emerald and Little Switzerland. A wide variety of items are available at the mall including, jewellery, precious stones, perfumes, designer clothing, crystal, china, liquor, electronics and Cuban cigars. In addition, there is a selection of some of the best in St. Lucian Fine Art. Duty Free shopping is also available at the nearby La Place Carenage shopping complex.
The colourful 100 year old local market is always worth a visit. Be embraced by the friendly nature of the St. Lucian people as you peruse the stalls seeking to find out more about the local treats. Sample tropical fruits and obtain spices such as nutmeg, mace, cinnamon and cocoa. Hot pepper sauces and other condiments make for delightful gifts to take home. Handicrafts of all shapes and sizes, made by local artists are also available. Special purchases can be made for uniquely made bowls, beads, straw hats, sisal rugs, bags, sandals, woodwork and pottery.
The final stop is at Caribelle Batik which is 5 minutes from the heart of Castries. This Batik workshop is one of the finest remaining examples of Victorian Caribbean architecture. Situated on the hillside among lush greenery it offers magnificent views of the Castries’ harbour. Caribelle Batik provides some of the best creations found in St. Lucia. You can watch the workers labouring on their masterpieces using a 200 year old art technique. Each product is handmade from quality materials and possesses unique characteristics. The colours reflect the calm, cool and brilliance of the Caribbean. Shirts, dresses, beachwear, wall hanging and other items make charming souvenirs and gifts for family and friends back home. Return to the bus with arms filled with shopping bags ready to be driven back to your hotel.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.