Duration: Half Day
On the way to Castries, the capital of St. Lucia, you will have pleasure of viewing the scenic eastern coastline of the island, where the Atlantic Ocean skilfully carves formations out of the mainland. Drive along the outskirts of the rainforest through vast banana and coconut plantations against a backdrop of clear blue skies. Enroute to our first destination, Castries, you will pass through the picturesque villages of Micoud and Dennery.
The main shopping areas on the island are located at Castries, the most popular being, Point Seraphine. This attractive and modern shopping complex is situated on the harbour front with a charming Spanish colonial style. Point Seraphine consists of over 30 Duty Free shops including fine international stores like the ever popular Colombian Emerald and Little Switzerland. A wide variety of items are available at the mall including, jewellery, precious stones, perfumes, designer clothing, crystal, china, liquor, electronics and Cuban cigars. In addition, there is a selection of some of the best in St. Lucian Fine Art. Duty Free shopping is also available at the nearby La Place Carenage shopping complex.
The colourful 100 year old local market is always worth a visit. Be embraced by the friendly nature of the St. Lucian people as you peruse the stalls seeking to find out more about the local treats. Sample tropical fruits and obtain spices such as nutmeg, mace, cinnamon and cocoa. Hot pepper sauces and other condiments make for delightful gifts to take home. Handicrafts of all shapes and sizes, made by local artists are also available. Special purchases can be made for uniquely made bowls, beads, straw hats, sisal rugs, bags, sandals, woodwork and pottery.
The final stop is at Caribelle Batik which is 5 minutes from the heart of Castries. This Batik workshop is one of the finest remaining examples of Victorian Caribbean architecture. Situated on the hillside among lush greenery it offers magnificent views of the Castries’ harbour. Caribelle Batik provides some of the best creations found in St. Lucia. You can watch the workers labouring on their masterpieces using a 200 year old art technique. Each product is handmade from quality materials and possesses unique characteristics. The colours reflect the calm, cool and brilliance of the Caribbean. Shirts, dresses, beachwear, wall hanging and other items make charming souvenirs and gifts for family and friends back home. Return to the bus with arms filled with shopping bags ready to be driven back to your hotel.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Creating an airy outdoor feel and incorporating flashes of Caribbean colour
- Experience one of the many sight seeing tours where you can discover st. lucia at its most beautiful
- Adventure trips both on land and at sea to suit every taste and requirement at cap maison
- discover nature like never before with an amazing holiday experience in Ladera resort
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
The Blu St Lucia is an oasis of calm nestled between Reduit Beach and Rodney Bay Village. This hotel offers the perfect...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
First, make the most of the harmonious blend of luxury, tranquillity and seclusion that surrounds and characterises the...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Caribbean boutique hideaway Cap Maison, on the northern tip of St Lucia, will host a range of festive events for guests over the Christmas and New Year period, including a special hog roast on the beach, a gourmet Christmas dinner, a Boxing Day lobster grill and New Year’s Eve festivities.
Luxury all-inclusive resort Windjammer Landing Villa Beach on the northern coast of St Lucia has undergone a multi-million pound revamp and expansion, adding a set of new villas to the north of the resort and refreshing the existing villas and grounds with new features and updated decor.
Ritz-Carlton has announced that it will open a brand-new luxury resort in St Lucia in 2021, after signing a management agreement with Range Developments. The resort will have 180 guest rooms and suites, swimming pools, a spa, restaurants, meeting space, and it will be part of the Black May Master Development on the southern tip of the Caribbean island.