Duration: Half Day
On the way to Castries, the capital of St. Lucia, you will have pleasure of viewing the scenic eastern coastline of the island, where the Atlantic Ocean skilfully carves formations out of the mainland. Drive along the outskirts of the rainforest through vast banana and coconut plantations against a backdrop of clear blue skies. Enroute to our first destination, Castries, you will pass through the picturesque villages of Micoud and Dennery.
The main shopping areas on the island are located at Castries, the most popular being, Point Seraphine. This attractive and modern shopping complex is situated on the harbour front with a charming Spanish colonial style. Point Seraphine consists of over 30 Duty Free shops including fine international stores like the ever popular Colombian Emerald and Little Switzerland. A wide variety of items are available at the mall including, jewellery, precious stones, perfumes, designer clothing, crystal, china, liquor, electronics and Cuban cigars. In addition, there is a selection of some of the best in St. Lucian Fine Art. Duty Free shopping is also available at the nearby La Place Carenage shopping complex.
The colourful 100 year old local market is always worth a visit. Be embraced by the friendly nature of the St. Lucian people as you peruse the stalls seeking to find out more about the local treats. Sample tropical fruits and obtain spices such as nutmeg, mace, cinnamon and cocoa. Hot pepper sauces and other condiments make for delightful gifts to take home. Handicrafts of all shapes and sizes, made by local artists are also available. Special purchases can be made for uniquely made bowls, beads, straw hats, sisal rugs, bags, sandals, woodwork and pottery.
The final stop is at Caribelle Batik which is 5 minutes from the heart of Castries. This Batik workshop is one of the finest remaining examples of Victorian Caribbean architecture. Situated on the hillside among lush greenery it offers magnificent views of the Castries’ harbour. Caribelle Batik provides some of the best creations found in St. Lucia. You can watch the workers labouring on their masterpieces using a 200 year old art technique. Each product is handmade from quality materials and possesses unique characteristics. The colours reflect the calm, cool and brilliance of the Caribbean. Shirts, dresses, beachwear, wall hanging and other items make charming souvenirs and gifts for family and friends back home. Return to the bus with arms filled with shopping bags ready to be driven back to your hotel.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Magazine Marie Claire recently compiled the must-see and must-do activities on the island of Saint Lucia. An easy flight from the US, the island's compact size makes it a great choice for a weekend getaway.
As carnival season began to unfold last week, July is proving quite the successful month for St Lucia's tourism industry and hotels are reaping the benefits after reporting packed rooms. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority worked hard this year to promote the island's summer festival at a global level, a move that has been a resounding success with record-high occupational levels for this time of year.
Caribbean nationals are being offered special discounted rates on stays at more than 40 hotels, tour bookings, attractions and restaurants across St Lucia as part of a summer promotion to attract more regional tourists to the island. The summer savings programme will run until the end of September 2018.