Duration: Half Day
The scenic journey from your hotel is only a prelude to the outstanding views to be enjoyed at the Balenbouche Estate surroundings. Set within a 70 acre heritage site the Balenbouche Estate is a seaside plantation that comprises a working organic farm as well as guesthouse. The guesthouse possesses eco-friendly Caribbean villas, each with its own distinct character and charm as they blend modern amenities, lovely elements of traditional West Indian architecture and a love for the outdoors.
Treasure the experience of travelling back in time as you traverse the exceptional setting of the Balenbouche Estate. Discover the rich history of this 18th century sugar plantation and see the aesthetic ruins of a sugar mill. Also learn about how the indigenous Arawak and Carib people lived. This ancient Amerindian site proudly displays well-preserved artefacts and the knowledgeable and charming hosts are happy to provide intriguing insights into its fascinating history. The landscape is adorned by extensive tropical gardens, with nature trails meandering through, leading to secluded beaches. Stroll along the beach or sample freshly picked exotic fruits from the variety of fruit trees you will encounter.
The old world elegance and unspoiled natural setting is an ideal atmosphere to feel relaxed or inspired. Enjoy the tranquillity of the stress free surrounding and the hospitality of the hosts who are committed to the preservation of the Balenbouche Estate as a recreational, enlightening and spiritual environment for generations to come. You also have the luxury of having a delicious meal and refreshing drinks which are served on the veranda of the Estate House.
After this revitalising experience you will visit the craft capital of St. Lucia, in Choiseul, where there is something for everyone. This charming fishing village is tiny with old gingerbread houses on stilts overlooking the bay. At the Choiseul Craft Centre there is an array of handicrafts to choose from. There are woven baskets, mats and other items, objects crafted from bamboo, wood carvings, pottery and dolls. There is also a flourishing furniture industry in the area. Buy locally made goods while watching the craft men and women at work before returning to your hotel.
A day where history, nature and local culture combine to make for the perfect outdoor excursion where you can do it all! Explore, learn, mix with the locals, shop and dine in the most outstanding St Lucian surroundings, only to be experienced on this fantastic day trip to Balenbouche!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.