Dominican Seaquarium / Seatrek
Duration: 1 Hour
Blessed with crystal clear azure waters and an abundance of marine life, the Dominican Republic is renowned for its excellent snorkeling and diving opportunities. If you want to experience a unique way of exploring this awe-inspiring natural aquarium, however, book a Seaquarium/ Seatrek tour and enjoy an unforgettable walk under the sea.
The Dominican Republic’s undersea world hosts a huge diversity of marine life as the island it shares with the country of Haiti is surrounded by the cooler waters of the Atlantic Ocean to the north and the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea to the south. There are many ways to explore these waters but there is nothing quite like walking under the sea. This unique, one-hour tour off the coast of Punta Cana will enable you to do just that.
The Sea Trek Adventure was designed for those who want to explore underwater without having to spend precious time training for diving. Your head is encased inside a diving helmet, which rests comfortably on your shoulders, whilst the rest of your body is submerged in the water. A constant supply of oxygen is supplied into the helmet through tubes from the boat, enabling you to breathe freely without the need for regulators, masks or other diving equipment. The weight of the helmet prevents you from floating to the surface, so you all you need to do is breathe and walk!
Marvel at breathtaking panoramic views of the Caribbean’s undersea flora and fauna as you leisurely explore vibrant coral reefs and fascinating wrecks in depths of less than thirty feet. Your tour will be guided at all times by trained Sea Trek professionals and a safety scuba diver, so you can rest assured knowing that you and your family will be in safe hands.
The beauty of this trip is that you don’t even have to be able to swim, and the visually impaired can wear prescription glasses and contact lenses so you don’t miss a thing. Watch schools of brightly-coloured tropical fish of all shapes and sizes swimming past you as you stroll leisurely along the sandy ocean floor. Also look out for a myriad of other marine species such as sea turtles, sharks, stingrays, sharks, sea stars, sea anemones, spiny lobsters and many, many more.
Regardless of swimming skill or physical ability, this is a wonderful adventure for both adults and children (aged eight years old and over) to experience during a holiday in the Dominican Republic.
Dominican Republic Holidays Browse all
Discover the best of both the vibrant buzz that engulfs Miami's downtown district and the serenity that surrounds the settings of Punta Cana
Hilton Miami Downtown and Now Larimar Punta Cana each offer their own takes on luxury experiences, both not to be missed
- Enjoy the selection of impressive amenities and elite service that Now Larimar has to offer, with no wristbands required
- Now Larimar Punta Cana is located on a pristine stretch of ivory beach in Punta Cana
- Experience luxury with amazing views from the Hilton's rooftop pool, looking over the stunning Miami skyline
Discover the vibrant buzz of Miami's downtown district before heading for tropical luxury in the midst of the Dominican Republic
Live it up in Miami's most chic and happening hub, Hilton Miami Downtown, and Punta Cana's newly renovated glimpse of luxury, Iberostar Bavaro
- Iberostar Bavaro is located on a pristine, palm-fringed beach in Punta Cana and encapsulates the best of the laid-back charm of the Dominican lifestyle
- Experience ultimate luxury with amazing views from the Hilton's rooftop pool, looking over the stunning Miami skyline
Spend a holiday of a lifetime in happening Miami before staying in picturesque Dominican Republic
- Enjoy free breakfast when staying at Hilton Miami Downtown
- Spend your time in two amazing countries sure to make for a holiday you will never forget
- Hilton Miami Downtown has a great location in the heart of the downtown attractions with a complimentary light rail service to the restaurants and shopping area
- At Dreams Punta Cana enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
Discover the best of Miami's buzzing lifestyle before unwinding in the midst of luxury in Punta Cana
Make the most of Florida's city of excesses at the Hilton Miami Downtown then jet off for a relaxing stay at the deluxe AlSol Tiara Cap Cana
- Enjoy playing on a golf-course designed by the legend Jack Nicklaus at AlSol Tiara Cap Cana
Stay in two wonderful hotels where you can do as much or as little as you please on your holiday of a lfetime
- The two hotels combine for a perfect blend of exctiment and relaxtion to ensure a perfect holiday
- Spoil your palate for choice with 11 gourmet dining options and unlimited premium drinks at Breathless Punta Cana
- The hotel is next to Miami's Metro Mover, a complimentary light rail service that will take guests to restaurants and shopping in the downtown area.
- Enjoy free breakfast when staying at Hilton Miami Downtown
Hilton Miami Downtown is the ideal location for a stay that captures the vibrancy of the city before you head for ultimate luxury at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Punta Cana
- Set beside an almost unbroken stretch of sand in Punta Cana, the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is much more than a resort, catering for every imaginable whim
- From 13 swimming pools and a 72-hole golf course meandering through breathtaking landscape, there is every imaginable activity to enjoy at Hard Rock Hotel, Punta Cana, even a climbing wall.
The Hilton Miami Hotel is a recently refurbished resort that houses 527 guestrooms. It is located right at the heart of...
This superb package combines a chic city break in Miami with a tropical Caribbean beach getaway in the Dominican...
Fancy a dream holiday at one of America's finest beach resorts? Grab your swimsuit and sunscreen and head out to Miami...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic NewsBrowse all Dominican Republic News
The Dominican Republic, which has seen a surge in tourism in recent years, hopes to bring 10 million tourists to the country in the near future. Over the last 10 years, the country has seen a more than 50% increase in the number of tourists. Most of this growth is confined to the country’s resort areas, but the capital, Santo Domingo, is undergoing a massive restoration project in a bid to attract tourists.
The Dominican Republic is a popular holiday destination for families, couples and friends, and now the celebrities seem to be flocking to one of the country's most luxurious resorts for some sunshine and relaxation. Jennifer Lopez and Drake have separately stayed at the Casa de Campo Resort and Villas in La Romana; a 7,000-acre hotel that has previously attracted the like of Beyonce, Jay Z and Rihanna.
Hard Rock Hotels and Resorts has revealed a new addition to the line-up of performances at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic this year. Grammy Award winning band Maroon 5 will perform at a concert in September, 2017 at the luxury resort which recently hosted a performance from Sting, the rock-singing front man of the group The Police.