Often seen as the number one Caribbean destination for budget all inclusive holidays, the Dominican Republic offers much more than meets the eye. Attracted by its spectacular beaches, mountainous interiors, lush mangroves and blue lagoons, it's no surprise that more and more travellers are choosing Dominican Republic holidays over other destinations in the Caribbean. With great family-friendly attractions and top luxury retreats, in the DR there's something to suit every type of holidaymaker.
Introducing the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic is one of the most geographically diverse countries in the Caribbean, with everything from quintessential Caribbean beaches with thatched huts on stilts and palm trees, to jungle clad mountains, and even stretches of desert. From decadent and exclusive beachside resorts and private enclaves that are home to the rich and famous to the most accommodating and comfortable yet budget-friendly hotels you could imagine - the Dominican Republic offers something for every pocket and every traveller. It's no wonder then that this tropical paradise is also one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Caribbean.
The Dominican Republic has something to suit every budget and every personality; from serious golfers, avid mountain climbers, honeymoon couples in search of romance to enthusiastic deep sea divers. One minute you might find yourself admiring colonial architecture in Santo Domingo, the next you'll be taking a tour off the beaten track to admire the Dominican Republic's beautiful inland scenery.
Drift away in incredible beach resorts
Boasting over 1000 miles of sun-kissed coastline, the Dominican Republic has an astounding choice of world-class beach resorts. Most hotels are all inclusive with packages designed to take care all of the details, so that leaves you to do nothing but fully relax from the moment you arrive, take a step back, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy your holiday to the fullest.
We work closely with some of the most respected hotels in the Dominican Republic, and many local independent resorts, to offer you the best value deals.
Dance through the streets of Santo Domingo
The Dominican Republic's rich culture has been shaped by a legacy of African, American and European influences. From vibrant city streets where every corner is filled with music to colonial buildings, ancient rock art and distinctive dishes, our expert guides are ready to introduce you to the brightest colours and boldest contrasts of this sensational country always beating to the rhythms of 'Bachata' and 'Merengue'.
Whether you're looking for a great all inclusive deal, or something more specific, our travel advisers are on-hand to ask you questions and help you work out what kind of Dominican Republic holiday would suit you best.
Dominican Republic Holidays Browse all
Relax and enjoy everything in one package by the tranquil beaches of Punta Cana, there's endless fun for all the family
- A great value all inclusive getaway to Punta Cana
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Access to a fantastic beach perfect for Snorkelling
An ideal holiday for a wide range of people whether you are looking for relaxation around the pool or for adrenaline-filled water sports on the beach.
- The resort has a wide range of facilites including a gym, spa and water sports
- The resort has a relaxing atmosphere located in the centre of Bavaro surrounded by white sandy beaches and tropical gardens
- Something for the whole family with a separate children’s pool and playground to keep the children entertained
Ideal for couples and located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful palm beach, a stay at Dreams La Romana will make every heart melt
- Dine and play in style at a luxury all inclusive resort and spa
- Enjoy Merengue Lessons, access to a Casino, Watersports Centre & more
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Admire the turquoise sea, lush sandy beaches, exotic tropical gardens and the vast array of activities and options for guests of all ages.
- Sublime location on the beach at Punta Cana with surrounding picturesque gardens and the shimmering Caribbean Sea
- Daily entertainment options include spectacular live performances, big screen movies on the beach, desires music lounge, theme nights, casino, dominican tianguis and a weekly management cocktail party
- Excellent kids and teens facilities with the Explorer's and Core Club providing both daytime and evening activities
Lay back in one of the Caribbean's best beaches whilst sipping your drink of choice and making the most the vast array of entertainment and activities on offer.
- Quality evening entertainment with nightclubs, a theatre and live performances all included in the price
- Exceptional sports facilities with non-motorized watersports included, as well as organised sports tournaments
- 11 different restaurants offer a great range of dining experiences at no extra cost
For Unlimited Luxury that leaves you breathless, escape to this romantic all-adult resort that fringes the glorious sandy beaches of Punta Cana.
- Relax in your stylish suite with amazing views of the ocean, pool or lush tropical gardens
- Indulge and rejuvenate the body and soul at the Breathless Spa with facial, massage or body treatments amongst others
- Be spoilt for choice with thirteen gourmet dining options and unlimited branded drinks
Boasting a traditional Caribbean atmosphere, the Be Live Grand Punta Cana lies beautifully located on the beach front on...
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, located on the stunning southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, is a world of pristine...
As the name suggests, Natura Park Eco Resort and Spa was designed to highlight its beautiful natural environment. With a...
Welcome to a world of sophistication and refinement exclusively conceived for adults only. Purposefully designed and...
Secluded in a lush tropical paradise that faces a pristine beach with turquoise waters stretching to the horizon, Dreams...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Dominican Republic NewsBrowse all Dominican Republic News
The Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort in the Dominican Republic has recently been awarded Green Globe certification. The Punta Cana property has integrated green practices that help reduce CO2 emissions and water consumption and for years the luxury resort has met the high standards related to conservation and corporate social responsibility.
AMResorts has announced the opening of the new Breathless Punta Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic. The Caribbean property's ribbon-cutting ceremony took place on 2nd November, 2013 and was attended by the President of the Dominican Republic, Danilo Medina, tourism officials and ministers, plus TV personality Kourtney Kardashian.
Villa Celeste Estate has announced the opening of its eight-bedroom boutique property in Jarabacoa in the Dominican Republic. The luxury property is located in the heart of the country's central eco-touristic region and will provide a unique experience for eco conscious travellers.