Havana Overnight and Pinar Del Rio
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is a wonderful way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. From the historical treasures of Old Havana and the glitz and glamour of the capital’s nightlife to the tobacco fields, cigar factories and breathtaking valleys in the province of Pinar del Rio, the beauty, history and friendly people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with free leisure time and a guided tour of Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital and an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, this charming part of the city is steeped in history, boasting five centuries of rich and diverse architectural heritage, influenced by a fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America.
As you explore the cobbled streets you will notice some beautiful baroque architecture and impressive colonial splendour dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Some of the highlights in this area include historical squares such as Plaza de la Catedral (Cathedral Square), Plaza Vieja (Old Square) and Plaza de Armas (Armas Square), Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. There are also numerous museums and galleries to explore in this part of the city.
As the sun goes down, enjoy a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most glamourous cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Dance all night under the stars to the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums, accompanied by a dazzling display of bright lights, colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the beautiful province of Pinar del Rio, famous for growing some of the best tobacco plants of the world. You will learn all about Cuba’s tobacco industry and the production of the world-famous Cuban cigars as you stroll through endless tobacco fields and visit a local factory to see how they are made.
This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes as you witness the untouched beauty of Cuba’s most treasured nature reserves. One of the highlights of the day is a visit to the breathtaking Vinales Valley, located on Cuba’s western tip. This tranquil paradise was declared an UNESCO Heritage site in 1999 and is particularly famous for its spectacular mogotes – large limestone hills covered with rich vegetation, dating back to the Jurassic period. Immerse yourself in the tranquillity and scenic beauty of this valley, one of Cuba’s most awe-inspiring natural attractions. This tour is a wonderful way to appreciate the beauty and history of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
From the excitement of Havana to the tranquil beauty of Guardalavaca, experience top of the range accommodation, service and nature at its best
- Non-motorized water sports, including wide range of options at your disposal: sailing, kayak, water bikes
- Great choice of restaurants and bars
- Exclusive Singles offer at Paradisus Rio De Oro – No single supplement for Summer 2017 - Limited Availability
- Royal Service option with excellent added values available
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
As the number of American visitors continues to rise, Cuba has experienced remarkable tourism income in the recent years and is expected to keep growing in 2017. Authorities of the region share their views on the matter, highlighting the potential to make the nation’s popularity an opportunity to increase the Caribbean market as a whole.
“The Burial of Pachencho in Cuba”, a blog piece written by Cuba expert Claire Boobbyer for The Holiday Place, was awarded the Latin American Travel Association (LATA) media travel award for Online Blog Feature of the Year last night during a ceremony held in London. The Holiday Place is thrilled at having landed such recognition and warmly congratulates our featured, award-winning travel writer for her insight on a rare Cuban celebration and ongoing tradition in a small town.
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.