Havana Overnight and Pinar Del Rio
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is a wonderful way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. From the historical treasures of Old Havana and the glitz and glamour of the capital’s nightlife to the tobacco fields, cigar factories and breathtaking valleys in the province of Pinar del Rio, the beauty, history and friendly people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with free leisure time and a guided tour of Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital and an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, this charming part of the city is steeped in history, boasting five centuries of rich and diverse architectural heritage, influenced by a fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America.
As you explore the cobbled streets you will notice some beautiful baroque architecture and impressive colonial splendour dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Some of the highlights in this area include historical squares such as Plaza de la Catedral (Cathedral Square), Plaza Vieja (Old Square) and Plaza de Armas (Armas Square), Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. There are also numerous museums and galleries to explore in this part of the city.
As the sun goes down, enjoy a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most glamourous cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Dance all night under the stars to the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums, accompanied by a dazzling display of bright lights, colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the beautiful province of Pinar del Rio, famous for growing some of the best tobacco plants of the world. You will learn all about Cuba’s tobacco industry and the production of the world-famous Cuban cigars as you stroll through endless tobacco fields and visit a local factory to see how they are made.
This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes as you witness the untouched beauty of Cuba’s most treasured nature reserves. One of the highlights of the day is a visit to the breathtaking Vinales Valley, located on Cuba’s western tip. This tranquil paradise was declared an UNESCO Heritage site in 1999 and is particularly famous for its spectacular mogotes – large limestone hills covered with rich vegetation, dating back to the Jurassic period. Immerse yourself in the tranquillity and scenic beauty of this valley, one of Cuba’s most awe-inspiring natural attractions. This tour is a wonderful way to appreciate the beauty and history of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Spend this Christmas soaking up the real Cuban vibe in Havana and relax in Varadero at a 24hr All-Inc Adults-Only Resort
Relax and enjoy this modern adults only resort during Christmas
- Explore Cuba in a stylish 1950's American car with a complimentary vintage car tour, passing through the Miramar district, before seeing the amazing sites of Cuba such as the Revolution Square, University of Cuba and the iconic Hotel Nacional de Cuba!
- Celebrate with a Caribbean holiday of a lifetime and see in 2017 with the festive Gala dinners included in this offer!
- Benefit from the rooftop pool or relax and spoil yourself at the beauty salon at Nh Capri Hotel in Havana
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities ranging from scuba diving lessons to dance classes and more at at the 24hr all inclusive Breezes Varadero
- Perfect beach setting surrounded by tropical gardens; creating an intimate, romantic ambience in Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.