Havana Overnight and Pinar Del Rio
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is a wonderful way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. From the historical treasures of Old Havana and the glitz and glamour of the capital’s nightlife to the tobacco fields, cigar factories and breathtaking valleys in the province of Pinar del Rio, the beauty, history and friendly people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with free leisure time and a guided tour of Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital and an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, this charming part of the city is steeped in history, boasting five centuries of rich and diverse architectural heritage, influenced by a fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America.
As you explore the cobbled streets you will notice some beautiful baroque architecture and impressive colonial splendour dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Some of the highlights in this area include historical squares such as Plaza de la Catedral (Cathedral Square), Plaza Vieja (Old Square) and Plaza de Armas (Armas Square), Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. There are also numerous museums and galleries to explore in this part of the city.
As the sun goes down, enjoy a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most glamourous cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Dance all night under the stars to the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums, accompanied by a dazzling display of bright lights, colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the beautiful province of Pinar del Rio, famous for growing some of the best tobacco plants of the world. You will learn all about Cuba’s tobacco industry and the production of the world-famous Cuban cigars as you stroll through endless tobacco fields and visit a local factory to see how they are made.
This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes as you witness the untouched beauty of Cuba’s most treasured nature reserves. One of the highlights of the day is a visit to the breathtaking Vinales Valley, located on Cuba’s western tip. This tranquil paradise was declared an UNESCO Heritage site in 1999 and is particularly famous for its spectacular mogotes – large limestone hills covered with rich vegetation, dating back to the Jurassic period. Immerse yourself in the tranquillity and scenic beauty of this valley, one of Cuba’s most awe-inspiring natural attractions. This tour is a wonderful way to appreciate the beauty and history of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
Kick off your Cuba holiday with a stay at one of Havana's most elegant hotels where you will enjoy 3 quiet nights safely...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.