Havana Overnight and Pinar Del Rio
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is a wonderful way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. From the historical treasures of Old Havana and the glitz and glamour of the capital’s nightlife to the tobacco fields, cigar factories and breathtaking valleys in the province of Pinar del Rio, the beauty, history and friendly people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with free leisure time and a guided tour of Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital and an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, this charming part of the city is steeped in history, boasting five centuries of rich and diverse architectural heritage, influenced by a fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America.
As you explore the cobbled streets you will notice some beautiful baroque architecture and impressive colonial splendour dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Some of the highlights in this area include historical squares such as Plaza de la Catedral (Cathedral Square), Plaza Vieja (Old Square) and Plaza de Armas (Armas Square), Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. There are also numerous museums and galleries to explore in this part of the city.
As the sun goes down, enjoy a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most glamourous cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Dance all night under the stars to the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums, accompanied by a dazzling display of bright lights, colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the beautiful province of Pinar del Rio, famous for growing some of the best tobacco plants of the world. You will learn all about Cuba’s tobacco industry and the production of the world-famous Cuban cigars as you stroll through endless tobacco fields and visit a local factory to see how they are made.
This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes as you witness the untouched beauty of Cuba’s most treasured nature reserves. One of the highlights of the day is a visit to the breathtaking Vinales Valley, located on Cuba’s western tip. This tranquil paradise was declared an UNESCO Heritage site in 1999 and is particularly famous for its spectacular mogotes – large limestone hills covered with rich vegetation, dating back to the Jurassic period. Immerse yourself in the tranquillity and scenic beauty of this valley, one of Cuba’s most awe-inspiring natural attractions. This tour is a wonderful way to appreciate the beauty and history of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
When top notch accommodation in Cuba is what you're after, this package combines two of the island's best hotels in the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...
Are you searching for a beach retreat with charismatic attitude? Then why not head to Cuba where days basking upon...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
After a local contest was carried out to see which was the most popular Cuban cocktail among our Cuba-loving staff (most of whom have been to Cuba several times themselves), the mojito was crowned the ultimate king of all Cuban drinks, which propelled us to create a special video telling you all about the most quintessential of Cuban beverages.
In a bid to take advantage of soaring visitor numbers, and make it easier for those travelling independently to avoid unnecessary legal and logistical issues, the new firm will deal with everything from private jet permits to bespoke itineraries.
For the first time in more than a half-century a regularly scheduled commercial flight has taken off from the United States en route to Cuba. The history-making moment is the latest move in relaxing travel restrictions between the two countries, making booking a holiday in Cuba easier and potentially less expensive for travellers.