Havana Overnight and Pinar Del Rio
Duration: 2 Days
This unique two-day excursion is a wonderful way to see some of the island highlights during your holiday in Cuba. From the historical treasures of Old Havana and the glitz and glamour of the capital’s nightlife to the tobacco fields, cigar factories and breathtaking valleys in the province of Pinar del Rio, the beauty, history and friendly people of Cuba will undoubtedly inspire you.
The first part of your day will begin with free leisure time and a guided tour of Old Havana, the original part of Cuba’s vibrant capital and an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Founded by the Spanish in 1515, this charming part of the city is steeped in history, boasting five centuries of rich and diverse architectural heritage, influenced by a fusion of Moorish, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Roman styles and cultures. Havana is arguably the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America.
As you explore the cobbled streets you will notice some beautiful baroque architecture and impressive colonial splendour dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Some of the highlights in this area include historical squares such as Plaza de la Catedral (Cathedral Square), Plaza Vieja (Old Square) and Plaza de Armas (Armas Square), Havana’s oldest square, as well as stunning 18th century buildings such as the Catedral de San Cristóbal de La Havana (Cathedral of Saint Christopher of Havana) and the Captains Generals Palace, now home to the Museum of the City. The 16th-century Castillo de la Real Fuerza (Castle of the Royal Force) is also well worth seeing as it is believed to be the oldest remaining stone fortress in the Americas. There are also numerous museums and galleries to explore in this part of the city.
As the sun goes down, enjoy a night to remember at the legendary Tropicana nightclub, famous for hosting the most glamourous cabaret show in Cuba since 1931. Dance all night under the stars to the unforgettable rhythm of Cuban drums, accompanied by a dazzling display of bright lights, colourful costumes and performances from over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists. The Cubans certainly know how to put on a show!
The second day of the tour will take you west of Havana to the beautiful province of Pinar del Rio, famous for growing some of the best tobacco plants of the world. You will learn all about Cuba’s tobacco industry and the production of the world-famous Cuban cigars as you stroll through endless tobacco fields and visit a local factory to see how they are made.
This diverse tour will also introduce you to the island’s lush, indigenous flora and dramatic landscapes as you witness the untouched beauty of Cuba’s most treasured nature reserves. One of the highlights of the day is a visit to the breathtaking Vinales Valley, located on Cuba’s western tip. This tranquil paradise was declared an UNESCO Heritage site in 1999 and is particularly famous for its spectacular mogotes – large limestone hills covered with rich vegetation, dating back to the Jurassic period. Immerse yourself in the tranquillity and scenic beauty of this valley, one of Cuba’s most awe-inspiring natural attractions. This tour is a wonderful way to appreciate the beauty and history of this captivating Caribbean island.
Cuba Holidays Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
Stay at the delightful Comodoro Bungalows by the sea in Havana followed by the Starfish Varadero in picturesque Varadero.
- The perfect contrasting break - timeless Old Havana and ultimate relaxation in Varadero
- Stay by the sea in Havana and then at an idyllic beachfront location on a streach of virgin beach in Varadero
- All inclusive at starfish varadero features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
Experience the beauty of colonial Havana from an elegant and quiet hotel, then relax on a fabulous beachfront resort set on Varadero's white sands
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in Varadero with the sandy beaches, tranquil waters and endless activities offered at this 24 hour All Inclusive resort
- During your stay in Havana take our 2-day cultural tour from just £99 per person which includes City tour of Havana, a Tobacco Plantation, Cigar Factory, sail along the river and see the Haystack Hillock Mountains and much more
- Non-motorised water sports in Varadero included (catamaran, snorkelling, windsurfing)
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...
Are you searching for an authentic Cuban experience? Then why not head to Cuba and marvel at both the historical Havana...
Are you searching for an authentic, adventurous and charming holiday for you and your family? Then why not head to Cuba...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Cuba
Cuba NewsBrowse all Cuba News
Starting on Friday 12th January, Caribbean Airline Limited (CAL) will make inter-regional travel simpler as it begins operating flights to Cuba from four other islands: Barbados, Trinidad, Grenada and Guyana. In an attempt to promote the new route, CAL launched a campaign called "Hola Cuba" which is offering a 50 per cent discount on tickets.
Members of Cuban Parliament recently gathered in the Attention to Services Commission to discuss the current situation of tourism in the island. Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero Cruz and his peers highlighted the industry’s positive results (with a 19.7% increase in comparison to 2016), addressed ongoing issues and reviewed long-haul plans for the future of this sector in the island.
Filled with colonial charm and an eclectic, buzzing atmosphere, Havana is one of the most picture-worthy destinations in the world. Travel magazine Lonely Planet recently published an article describing the top seven settings within Cuba’s capital that make for wonderful selfie shots.